Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP

Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP Employee Reviews

United Kingdom32 reviews
Business Analyst
Worked on the implementation of Basware P2P Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS) package and integrate it to the General Ledger (GL) within Elite3E (Finance System). Scoped the project, defining the goals of the business process change and expected business benefits.
Productive and work Place
Company culture at Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP. “culture crushes,” and one reason for that level of success is a team dedicated to culture. That team means that a positive culture is on the forefront, setting up fun lunches, events and programs. The company makes sure that there is always an upcoming event so the entire team has something to look forward to, and it uses methods to make sure the entire team works well together by insisting everyone helps keep break areas clean ETC..
Steer clear of any finance roles
I worked as a Revenue Controller at Freshfields on a 12 month FTC. I would advise anyone applying to the firm to steer well clear of these department areas. Management have been there for 20+ years and expect you to work their way only. They are rude, patronising and are slightly deluded in thinking that people leave due to the stress levels of the work. But in fact, the work is of a glorified administrator and the only stressful part of the day is dealing with their attitudes and behaviour. I would never work here again and would advise anyone else the same.
Busy environment until redundancy
Very busy and varied work
Project Management and the Law culture

Management focus unclear and demoralised post news of redundancy, Partners were greedy
One of my favourite places to work ever
I worked here for 5 years and thoroughly enjoyed who I worked for, the team, the type of work. The perks of the job were outstanding. However, the demands on the job with a young family were not conducive. My family had to come first and I decided to take voluntary redundancy.
Credit Control Department- SWERVE
Where do I start on my first day I was left in reception for over an hour because HR did not remember that my first day was induction. The Senior Credit Controller has been there for 20 years and still has the mindset of doing credit Control like they did 20 years ago. Senior management full understand what they want to achieve but middle management have no clue and are behind the times.
Freshfields has always been a very good firm to work for
Freshfields has been a very good firm to work for for the past 12 years and I have always enjoyed my time here. It has a good work/life balance and has been very good at being flexible when it comes to our needs
Hard work, excellent benefits, too political
Excellent benefits including pension, healthcare, working from home, salary and other perks.
It is a fast paced environment, very demanding with no excuses (cancelling holidays when needed, working over and beyond, no understanding of family life).

Management is only building its structure, communication and leadership are not great.

Support services are full of fantastic talented people who want to do the best they can for the firm to thrive. Unfortunately, structures, politics and lack of support is an obstacle.
Pros
nice offices
Cons
outdated technology
Supportive team and great culture
Freshfields is a busy centre, with a bustling HR function.

Multiple transaction types are handled within the HR Service area, allowing team members to experience the breadth of HR responsibilities, with pride taken in accuracy and attention to detail.

The atmosphere is great, with a supportive team, and a good team mentality.

In return for hard work, the benefits offered by Freshfields are amazing, with a real focus on employee needs.
Pros
Benefits Package
Productive and hard-working environment
I gained an insight into the legal profession and provided administrative support. I also enjoyed the legal role play & visits to the Royal Court of Justice
Top 3 law firm
Intellectually challenging work, a great place to train as a lawyer and the work environment has a collegiate atmosphere. They recruit like minded lawyers who are willing to work hard but the firm does not have an aggressively competitive "dog eat dog" atmosphere.
Challenging company to work for.
This is a magic circle law firm, which is extremely busy, I enjoyed my time here, despite it being overwhelming at times, due to workload.

I worked within the Finance Function looking after a number of partners and associates.
Pros
on site Gym
Great workplace
The work environment is professional, the management is great but the working hours can be long at times but manageable. The law firm itself upholds its name.
Pros
People
Magic circle
Engaging with users from all parts of the business.

The business encouraged learning but also hard work to ensure deadlines were met.

Although extremely busy the business encouraged out of hours activities.
Pros
Free food and facilities, Global travel
Productive and happy workplace
A typical day at work would be:
checking inboxes for my bosses, coordinating and arranging meetings to best utilise bosses' times;

answering phones and email queries for my bosses;

printing, photocopying, scanning, dealing with incoming and outgoining post;

drafting short emails and letters on behalf of fee earners,including internal and external communications;

booking of conference rooms with in-house helpline, including video conferences, cars, restaurants and liaising with meeting attendees.

I have learned to be patient even when you don't get along in the work environment.

Worked with senior partners and arranging highly confidential meetings. Setting up HR interviews for prospective candidates.

A well-balanced workplace.

Not keeping on top of filing for all of my bosses.

Not geeting people to reply to my queries quickly.

Enjoyed my role and find the everthing enjoyable as I was at the company for a very long time.
Pros
Social Events
Productive and fun workplace
The work I did was very much Outlook based - I was constantly arranging and rearranging meetings and events, both internal and external. Arranging travel was a large part of my job too as the stakeholders I assisted travelled abroad a lot for client meetings, training, seminars etc.

The hardest part of the job was getting my head around the many time zones that were sometimes involved when trying to set up a conference call but, although a challenge, I found it enjoyable!

There were times when stakeholders would be stressed due to workload etc so had to learn how to deal with that: be understanding and not take it personally.

Quite often we had tight deadlines to get documents to court but the PA team, paralegals and sometimes solicitors would pull together to ensure all the necessary documents were bundled together and on time - we worked well together as a team.

One of the most enjoyable parts of the job was working with a brilliant group of solicitors and PAs.
Pros
Excellent benefits, free use of gym, in-house doctor
Cons
Great place to work with a great environment and lovely employees.i would go around and help with all the technology needs and helping employees with anything they need doing to their phones or desktops.
Pros
Great company and great people
Cons
building is very large, easily lost
Exciting
Excellent experience for aspiring lawyer, interesting and varied responsibilities. Interview day usefully mimicked format of interview for vac schemes/training contracts
Fun and productive environment
See pros and cons.

Good philosophy in continuous improvement.

Great offices and good advancement opportunities in the HR environment which can be seen by the number of internal promotions.
Pros
Great people and culture
Cons
Long hours and no disabled parking
It is an exceptional firm with a very impressive team of lawyers who are hard working, intelligent and friendly people. It was very pleasant working here.
What I Liked at Freshfields
The work was varied and the people I worked with were very proffesional and always willing to go help and overall the Company Culture was focused in giving a good work/life balance.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP. Our community is ready to answer.
Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP Reviews by Location