Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP Employee Reviews

Productive and hard-working environment
Internship (Former Employee) –  London9 May 2018
I gained an insight into the legal profession and provided administrative support. I also enjoyed the legal role play & visits to the Royal Court of Justice
Top 3 law firm
Trainee, Associate and Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  London8 April 2018
Intellectually challenging work, a great place to train as a lawyer and the work environment has a collegiate atmosphere. They recruit like minded lawyers who are willing to work hard but the firm does not have an aggressively competitive "dog eat dog" atmosphere.
Challenging company to work for.
International Rate and Grades Administrator (Former Employee) –  London9 March 2018
This is a magic circle law firm, which is extremely busy, I enjoyed my time here, despite it being overwhelming at times, due to workload.

I worked within the Finance Function looking after a number of partners and associates.
Pros
on site Gym
Great workplace
Corporate Paralegal (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London28 January 2018
The work environment is professional, the management is great but the working hours can be long at times but manageable. The law firm itself upholds its name.
Pros
People
Magic circle
Citrix Migration Specialist \ Technical Analyst (Former Employee) –  Blackfriars Station31 October 2017
Engaging with users from all parts of the business.

The business encouraged learning but also hard work to ensure deadlines were met.

Although extremely busy the business encouraged out of hours activities.
Pros
Free food and facilities, Global travel
Productive and happy workplace
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  London25 October 2017
A typical day at work would be:
checking inboxes for my bosses, coordinating and arranging meetings to best utilise bosses' times;
answering phones and email queries for my bosses;
printing, photocopying, scanning, dealing with incoming and outgoining post;
drafting short emails and letters on behalf of fee earners,including internal and external communications;
booking of conference rooms with in-house helpline, including video conferences, cars, restaurants and liaising with meeting attendees.

I have learned to be patient even when you don't get along in the work environment.

Worked with senior partners and arranging highly confidential meetings. Setting up HR interviews for prospective candidates.

A well-balanced workplace.

Not keeping on top of filing for all of my bosses.

Not geeting people to reply to my queries quickly.

Enjoyed my role and find the everthing enjoyable as I was at the company for a very long time.
Pros
Social Events
Productive and fun workplace
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  London10 October 2017
The work I did was very much Outlook based - I was constantly arranging and rearranging meetings and events, both internal and external. Arranging travel was a large part of my job too as the stakeholders I assisted travelled abroad a lot for client meetings, training, seminars etc.

The hardest part of the job was getting my head around the many time zones that were sometimes involved when trying to set up a conference call but, although a challenge, I found it enjoyable!

There were times when stakeholders would be stressed due to workload etc so had to learn how to deal with that: be understanding and not take it personally.

Quite often we had tight deadlines to get documents to court but the PA team, paralegals and sometimes solicitors would pull together to ensure all the necessary documents were bundled together and on time - we worked well together as a team.

One of the most enjoyable parts of the job was working with a brilliant group of solicitors and PAs.
Pros
Excellent benefits, free use of gym, in-house doctor
Local IT- Intern (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London9 October 2017
Great place to work with a great environment and lovely employees.i would go around and help with all the technology needs and helping employees with anything they need doing to their phones or desktops.
Pros
Great company and great people
Cons
building is very large, easily lost
Exciting
Campus Ambassador (Former Employee) –  London20 July 2017
Excellent experience for aspiring lawyer, interesting and varied responsibilities. Interview day usefully mimicked format of interview for vac schemes/training contracts
Fun and productive environment
Payroll Manager (Current Employee) –  Salford, Greater Manchester9 July 2017
See pros and cons.

Good philosophy in continuous improvement.

Great offices and good advancement opportunities in the HR environment which can be seen by the number of internal promotions.
Pros
Great people and culture
Cons
Long hours and no disabled parking
Work shadowing placement (Former Employee) –  London6 July 2017
It is an exceptional firm with a very impressive team of lawyers who are hard working, intelligent and friendly people. It was very pleasant working here.
What I Liked at Freshfields
Infrastructure Engineer (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London17 June 2017
The work was varied and the people I worked with were very proffesional and always willing to go help and overall the Company Culture was focused in giving a good work/life balance.
typical magic circle firm
U.S Associate (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London12 April 2017
no transparency between management and employees. great salary and benefits but expected to slave away when need be. plays favouritism. depends on what group you work for.
Fun and busy enviroment.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  London, UK31 March 2017
Working as a legal receptionist allowed me to network with all levels of personnel within the firm - from copy room staff to senior partners, as well as clients and other visitors.
I was the first person with whom clients and visitors interact therefore it was my job to greet and direct them in professional and articulate manner.
It was my job to: answer staff and visitors inquiries, to maintain and schedule conference rooms, to arrange refreshments and lunches, to order supplies, scan photocopy fax and file documents, to verify employee identification and to issue visitors passes.
Since I rarely worked weekends Freshfields provided great work-life balance.
Great company to work for
IT Fax operater / Booking Desk Team Leader (Former Employee) –  London28 March 2017
Great Company to work for and the only reason I left was because of being made redundant. I would say the managemnent was very fair and helped me to get a new job in the Booking desk.
Pros
Lovely office building
Work hard, play hard
Premises/ISO Administrator (Current Employee) –  London13 January 2017
Freshfields is an extremely driven and professional corporate business and they expect their employees to contribute to that professionalism every day. However employees are rewarded extremely well for their long hours and hard work.
Host Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, ENG24 October 2015
Throughout the period I have quickly learnt new skills thanks to the friendly and encouraging staff who I got along very well with. My duties have encouraged me to look for new experiences that I have not yet come across. I enjoyed keeping myself busy
Pros
Learning skills
A great experience
Junior PA (Former Employee) –  London, ENG24 June 2014
During my time at Freshfields I completed various tasks and developed my skills as follows:

- Team working

- Using the organisation’s internal systems for accessing and saving documents (Citrix)

- Confidently using all Microsoft Office programmes, especially Outlook

- Inbox and diary management

- Creating and proofreading travel itineraries and supporting documents

- Printing, filing, indexing, creating labels and archiving documents

- Communicating with internal clients such as IT, Reprographics and the Booking Desk

- Inputting expenses and creating expense reports

Overall Freshfields is an amazing place to work, I have gained so much experience from just one week!
Pros
Free lunch
Great experience
Dispute resolution (Former Employee) –  London29 May 2014
Amazing work experience, had a blast and would love to experience it all over again.
Big corporate firm
PA to Head of London Administration (Current Employee) –  Fleet Street12 May 2014
Great people, great location

Lots of opportunites for socail events, volunteering etc
Pros
Great people
Cons
Some old fashioned views.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4