French Connection Employee Reviews

trapped and uncomfortable
Stockroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  London29 August 2019
workplace culture was terrible. hardest part of the job was to convince management that you were genuinely sick. learnt how to deal with stress and negative people.
was a dull working environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Covent Garden, Greater London17 August 2019
not all days were pleasant most of the staff were nice that why it wasn't so bad managment was all over the place
most enjoyable part of job was summer
Pros
the clothes
Cons
long hours not enough pay
Not a place to work
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  London22 July 2019
At first you’ll be happy, after a while they don’t treat you well and you don’t have a say. For example, I wanted my holiday for personal reasons but they denied it. They don’t respect you as a person who does most of the work within the store
Pros
Cons
Staff, hours
Avoid
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London1 July 2019
after you will apply,get ready they will call you and ask bizzarre questions. They behave like they offer a job of minister in Parlament, to much requirements for that salary!
Trash.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire24 June 2019
Rude manipulative manager. Please think twice before applying. Not worth it. The manager is very boring and doesn't make work exciting or give u new challenges to better your skills. Ask bizarre questions at interview, and already made pre judgement. I feel like I wasnt given a chance. Either because of my colour or religion.
Avoid like the plague.
Sales Assitant (Former Employee) –  Manchester20 June 2019
The company hasn’t turned a profit in 5 years and from the archaic management styles and lack of customers it doesn’t surprise me one bit. I was VERY glad to leave the toxic work environment based on getting sales commission to milk the customers dry (who didn’t want to be pressured into purchasing). Daily targets were unreachable & stupid.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Terrible company.
Sometimes fun but hard work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London10 May 2019
Firstly, working in French connection was a good experience for me as I was able to enhance my knowledge and skills in the retail sector. I liked that the store was small, it was easy to navigate through. However there are a few things that caught my eye during my experience. For example poor/rude management, un agreed over time (plus long shifts), favouritism and poor behaviour from staff.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Productive, encouraging and fun place to work
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Oxford Street, Greater London1 May 2019
First thing in the morning I check the emails to see if I have any emails from the previous day, then I check the AGR which is the stock manifest for what is to be received in delivery for that day.

Then I go round the stockrooms to make sure it was left in a good condition to the company standard, if there is any work to be done there then I delegate some of the stockroom members to work in that stockroom sorting it out.

Once the delivery is received and processed and stored away in the stockrooms, we then focus on general tidying of the stockrooms and also help out with stock replenishments on the shop floor.

I then accept the delivery at the back office and then catch up on emails for the day, and then process any outstanding outgoing transfers or any incoming transfers and also contacting the customers to let them know their transfers has been received and is ready for collection.

The most challenging part of the job is having to maintain 6 stockrooms with very limited staff members, which is also the most enjoyable part of the job having to push and motivates the members to get the task done.
Great training but lack of management
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire3 April 2019
The initial training for a sales assistant was great and I was constantly monitored to ensure I improved. However I was working without a concession manager for 9 months and had to fulfil their job roles without recognition. Even though I completed those roles, I applied for the managerial position and was unsuccessful as they couldn't afford to give me a pay rise. I enjoyed working here but felt this was unfair.
Pros
Uniform benefits
Cons
Lack of managerial guidance
Great management and friendly place to work
SALES ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  York, North Yorkshire14 March 2019
Always felt excited to come to work and always felt comfortable with my other team members. When at work you're always kept busy with jobs so there is never a dull day. Overall, I enjoyed working there very much
Pros
Good management
Cons
Low salary
Good place to work, flexible, pay could be better
General Assistant - Sales, Stock (Former Employee) –  Hatfield, Hertfordshire6 March 2019
French connection was a decent place to work, but id only recommend it to part time workers due to the minimum wage. Flexible hours was very helpful, and a kind atmosphere was always a positive, however days can be stressful (every job can be!)
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
poor pay
productive
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cheshire Oaks24 February 2019
I learnt a lot of customer service skills while working for this company however couldn't really improve my abilities with the company so had to look for a new job where i could expand.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
pay isn't good
Productive work place
Casual Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London22 February 2019
I've leaned a lot through French Connection's working ethic and management. I has made me more aware about how things work in order to mantain organisation in the store.
Pros
discounts and updates about new collections.
Cons
having to count all items everyday.
great small company to work for
Sales Administrator & SMU Coordinator (Former Employee) –  London15 January 2019
lovely small great company to work for, it is full of people that have worked their forever and it is such a nice place to be. management is great and life/work balance is fantastic. only down fall is salaries and limited room to move up
Comfortable workplace
Senior Sales Assistant/Keyholder (Current Employee) –  Canterbury7 January 2019
Although i enjoy working at french connection, there are certain aspects about the way that the company is run which i think could use improvement, for example, i think that there is a lack of communication between head office and stores
fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxford Street2 January 2019
Was a really good environment amazing people but the Manager can be not the nicest and that the nicest way i can put it.
but the store it self and like 80% of management were the nicest people to work with.
Pros
great place amazing people working with you
Cons
managment
Not recommended
Senior Sales/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Glasgow City, Glasgow12 November 2018
When I worked for French Connection, I hated every minute of it. I went off long term sick due to work related stress, I was being bullied by my line manager. Whilst I was off, my job was advertised and they were interviewing people. I reported all of this to Head Office as they claimed they had a whistle blowing policy, however they were less than interested. The only good thing about working with them is as I was full time I was only required to work Monday - Friday as the part time staff covered the weekends. As its a prestigious brand it resulted in a lot of their customers and stuff being stuck up. They also pay less if you are younger regardless of the work you do, you will be paid less.
Cons
Stuck up staff and customers
Must read!
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  London1 November 2018
Worked at the Oxford street store and I can confirm that it is the worst place you'll probably ever work. Very unwelcoming environment and full of people who do the most for the little they probably get paid. Something you would expect from at least the managers but the supervisors and sales assistants are the same! Little things would rattle their feathers and the managers only care about being pleased rather than the company progressing. They take things so personally when there is no need. No work life balance whatsoever. A lot of work needs to be done if they want to compete with the big brands but they might want to start with the working environment and then there little issue of an invasion of mice.
Cons
Long hours, bad atmosphere
Poor management
Supervisor/Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Oxford26 October 2018
Hourly rate, paid holiday, uniform allowances are the best elements of the job. Meanwhile the management are horrible, criticize, take credit for things that they didn't do. The Manager and Assistant Manager used to sit in the office all day just chatting and on there phones. Most days they finished early as well without notice or giving time back to the store. Very UN organised days and boring.
Pros
salary
Cons
everything
Good uniform allowance/ bad vibes
Stockroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxford Street, Greater London30 July 2018
the working hours arent so great. sometimes you finish 9pm and work 7am the next day which sucks. Also the company provides very limited training and the only help you get is if you ask someone....
theres also a lot of favouritism in the workplace, if a supervisor or manager doesnt like you they will show it. the whole store is divided into cliques, so theres a lot back chatting, and snitching. Hence why there is such as high drop out rate, the store is constantly recruiting people, who then either leave within a month or 2 or get fired for very silly things ( you get written warnings for literally anything!!)

For 7.8ph you can really do better....
Pros
uniform allowance
Cons
everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at French Connection. Our community is ready to answer.