Freightliner Trucks Employee Reviews

procurement project
Learning the procurement system
with the aim to rollout the training

I had to leave the project earlier due to a family court case which required my full attention from feb until jul this year
rail work
mso (Current Employee) –  Coatbridge11 August 2019
a good place to work if you like trains,its a rail terminal where there lots happening at the same time trucks moving around cranes removing containers from the trains etc
Pros
salary
Cons
shift work
Challenging but interesting role
Senior Financial Project Accountant (Current Employee) –  Southampton12 July 2019
Each day presented new and varied challenges to meet the requirements of transitioning the SSC to Birmingham. Due to the fast changing pace of transition this role required patience and detremination but all of this was offset by the great team morale within the whole of the SSC. Hardest part was when the project completed but was satisfying to see the new staff flourishing with the new roles
Friendly workplace
Fleet Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London4 July 2019
Enjoyed working
Managing the fleet with job satisfaction at the end of every day
Managed each day;s work load happily
Every day had a different challenge that I loved.
Change Management in Action
Financial Project Accountant (Current Employee) –  Southampton28 June 2019
The role was very interesting in that it constantly change from getting involved in detail to engaging in strategic discussions to the more core accounting roles including dealing with US auditors for Sox Compliance, changing accounting processes and managing constant system challenges.
I is the role that gets me out of bed as never is one day the same and the colleagues I work keep a sense of humour that keeps all motivated to keep at it.
I enjoyed training up new accounting staff on both processes and accounting systems and it is always a delight when someone younger gets it and is appreciative of your support.
Management has been fluid so it will take time to settle down and build a culture in which all feel they are comfortable and enjoying the work environment.
A difficult but ultimately rewarding role!
Great company
Contract Assistant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham20 September 2018
The harder you work for this company the more you receive, the people you work with are what make this a great company ...............................
Week Long Internship
Internship (Former Employee) –  Euston, Greater London30 August 2018
The atmosphere upon arrival was extremely friendly where I meet with several team members that I would interacting with during the week. The work was engaging, challenging and rewarding. This was a week long internship and I was grateful to receive the opportunity to work for such a prestigious company.
Excellent employer
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Leeds And Bradford, Yorkshire24 August 2018
I very much enjoyed my time here. The team was great but very hardworking. The salary and prospects were good and the pension scheme an added bonus!!!!
Pros
Benefit schemes
Great company shame the commute was so hard
Assistant Financial Accountant (Former Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire30 April 2018
Great company and culture but shame the commute was so hard.
If they could move this company nearer to Portsmouth then it would be perfect the people were a amazing and it made work a great place to be.
Pros
People
Cons
Hours
Repetitive
Revenue Finance Assistant (Former Employee) –  Felixstowe9 April 2018
Small office and a small number of employees lead to a closer group, but it is an industry that is dull and repetitive. There is little variation in tasks, which can be a problem if you like a broad range of tasks.
Is a fun workplace and great colleagues, but not a good company if you're looking for progression
Traffic Clerk (Current Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire29 September 2017
Despite the long shifts, it's a very enjoyable office environment with great colleagues in the office and out in the yard. The major lows of this job in my opinion is the lack of progression within the company. When opportunities have come up in the past, management look more for what's best financially for them rather then who is best for the role. Also, the shifts are 12 hours, and we work out fare share of overtime which means a lot of our lives are spent here.
Pros
Paid well, good colleagues
Cons
Long, antisocial hours
Bad place to work
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  South Yorkshire29 September 2017
Horrible people horrible atmosphere horrible money horrible hours no flexibility no help no support no training no delegation no advise to follow no females
Pros
End of the shift
Cons
Start of the shift
Poor management
multi skilled operative (Former Employee) –  Manchester24 April 2017
I worked for Manchester for 10 years and left for personal reasons i had clean record and left on good terms and was promised job back but was tricked by two managers that hold grudges
Pros
Salary competitive
Cons
Poor management poor shifts
productive
multi skilled operative (Current Employee) –  manchester trafford park9 January 2017
I have worked for Freightliner for almost 9 years. The salary is very competative. I feel the company isnt the most friendly/social to work for. Although i feel greatful for their employment i want to look in other area's with other companies with a permanent shift pattern, ie day shift...
Pros
salaly is very competative
Cons
very unsociable hours
Perfect place for exposure of industrial finance
Finance Assitant (Former Employee) –  Euston26 July 2016
I was here for a year and not only did I improve my knowledge of inter-company finance, I also managed to heighten my time-management skills, improve my confidence dealing with customers in person and over the phone, and managed to deal with pressure when it was time to knuckle down. It was a long journey but one i strongly recommend for anyone interested in pursuing a career in finance. The help from my co-workers was priceless as I settled into the office.
Pros
Very hands-on experience
Cons
Long Hours
Best employer I ever had.
Terminal Manager (Former Employee) –  Teesside28 April 2016
Job security, chance to advance if wanted, good safety culture,
Wages are reasonable, good pension scheme, Good holidays.
The sort of place where it is hard to get in because people dont tend to leave.
I enjoyed 25 years there.
Pros
Security. Decent pay. Good working conditions.
Cons
May have to work extra time at shift end if trains are delayed.
Good Experience
Treasury & Finance Assistant (Former Employee) –  Southampton11 February 2016
I enjoyed working for Freightliner Southampton. the office has nice atmosphere and people is nice and friendly.
This company is now owned by americans and they are not allowing some people to have bank holidays as these days they have to work in America.
Pros
study support
Cons
continuous rotation of personnel
awful workplace and awful management
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, ENG6 April 2015
get into work and start clearing bins out of the offices and once that was finished we would clean from the kitchens to the offices and then toilets
it was a very awful job the boss was a horrible person to work for.
the co-workers were lovely think that is the only good thing about the job
Pros
co- workers
Cons
all of it
Sometimes very busy and Fast paced.
Traffic Clerk (Former Employee) –  Trafford Park16 October 2014
Good Company to work for, but no Job security, and i have been agency based for 3 years. I would like something more regular and to be valued.
Pros
Good relationship with the Drivers
Cons
Used on a as and when required basis.
summary
Traincrew Resource Controller (Former Employee) –  Ferrybridge, ENG6 March 2014
I had high hopes that this job would get me on a path back to train driving, sadly it wasnt to be. Having to learn a job from scratch that was full of archaic methods, time heavy processes that were crying out for modernisation, plus being tutored by half a dozen, well meaning but not training aware people with no set teaching or lesson plan, and a total lack of management concern led to my many frustrations and higher than needed stress levels. The office atmosphere was one of distrust and tale telling with not knowing who you could trust and who not led me to make the hard decision to quit after just three months.

i have given an overall rating to this as one star, only because the process will not allow me to grade at zero.