FreeAgent Employee Reviews

Why would you ever leave?
Product Designer (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh11 March 2019
I don't often feel the need to leave reviews - especially positive ones - but being an employee at FreeAgent has driven me to give feedback. More than anything, to say thanks for making it such a brilliant place to come to work every day, and for anyone thinking of applying - do it.

I've not had the pleasure of working with so many different skillsets and abilities before. While here, you'll be supported, welcomed and encouraged to have your say at defining the product.

The hierarchy of the company structure is unique too. Being very shallow, you are never far away from having a direct, meaningful conversation with one of the co-founders about an idea you have. This is something that I've not personally had before, with management being the ones that make every decision, ignoring the "minions" beneath them.

The overall culture within FreeAgent has so many benefits, but to list a few that matter most to me:

• Regular 1:1's with your line manager(s)
• Brilliant community across the whole company
• Fantastic, inclusive communication means your opinion gets heard
• Great snacks, coffee and drinks
• Excellent benefits
• Doesn't feel like work

Overall, I'd not change anything about the place. :)
Pros
Friday lunches, regular feedback, meaningful input
Cons
I didn't start soon enough :)
FreeAgent is an Incredibly fun, inclusive, wonderful place to work!
Regional Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh8 March 2019
Currently, I'm an account manager at FreeAgent and have been for the last 2 years. Prior to this, I was a Sales Development Representative - I joined the company in the spring of 2017.
A typical day at work for me starts at 9am - each morning, I have breakfast at my desk whilst checking emails etc. I'll also consult my calendar to see what meetings I'll need to attend during the course of the day. Actual work for me typically starts at 9:15 - at this stage, I'm making calls and attending to inquiries as they come in. The account management role at FA has a tonne of moving parts and can be very demanding - it definitely helps that I get to set my own pace of how I want to work.
Management at FA is incredibly supportive. I must say, one of the plethora of reasons I have stayed at the company (especially during my days as an SDR), was/is because of having such an incredible, supportive manager that I have a tonne of respect for.
The culture at FA is incredibly professional and yet so laid. I have never known anything like it! FA is also a very inclusive place to work!
The hardest part of my role - I might be biased here, but honestly, I enjoy it all!
Pros
Friday lunches, inclusive place to work, ping pong, friendly team, genuinely a fantastic product!
Cons
Long hours (when travelling)
People Operations (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh18 October 2018
Fast paced, fun and dynamic work place were no two days are the same. Overall FreeAgent is a great place to work and i'd thoroughly recommended it to anyone.
Pros
Strong company culture with a focus on employees and customers
Really love working here!
A typical day is really varied with lots of opportunities to get involved in different pieces of work and collaborate with amazing people. It's a supportive culture and people are respectful. There are lots of perks provided and the company culture is relaxed, friendly and inclusive. I would definitely recommend working here!
Pros
Lots of perks provided and such a great atmosphere
Cons
Not enough people seem to know about FreeAgent as an employer, they are missing out!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FreeAgent. Our community is ready to answer.

FreeAgent Reviews by Location