Frasers Group

Frasers Group Employee Reviews

United Kingdom6 reviews
A fantastic place to work, if you are looking for a place to build a career, the sky's the limit, they have a 'fearless' culture and encourage staff to take risks and back them in their decisions, very few companies have this mentality.
Pros
Freedom to make decisions and learn from mistakes, free wifi, work from home Fridays
I had a really good experience of interviewing at Frasers Group. It took 9 days to have a first stage phone call, a second stage face to face presentation and receiving an offer. I was given quick feedback at each stage and did not have to chase. I very much look forward to working for Frasers Group!
Pros
Quick interview process, perks and location
There is no such thing as a typical day at Frasers Group, everyday is unique, that is what I love about working here. I enjoy the fast paced environment and the challenge of a continuous improving business. With our expansion come on new responsibility, it is not for the fearful but for the Fearless. And if you are Fearless, take on the challenge and own it, then the personal reward makes it worthwhile.

I work with a great team of like minded people who all strive to succeed. Our head office whilst fast paced, is also a casual environment where you are encouraged to do your best.

My favorite part about this business is what you put in is what you get out. If you come in and work hard and make a difference then the opportunity available to you makes it all worthwhile.
Pros
Stable Company, Challenge, development
Benefits
What does it mean to work for Frasers Group?
It means no two days are the same, you are working in an ever changing, elevating landscape which is pushing the boundaries of retail like never before. It really is an exciting time for the group with elevation of our existing portfolio and integration of other brands and businesses which allow us to expand in a world where others are facing huge challenges. The exposure and responsibility you are entrusted with is unrivalled and comes with great personal experience and reward.

Having been part of this group for 15 years I can truly say I work with the best colleagues across retail and head office departments, everyone has the same hard working, fearless attitude which not only makes an enjoyable, collaborative environment but boosts your own performance, delivering results year on year to keep the company driving forward in the retail market.

If you are prepared for fast-pace and hard work you will be given amazing opportunities in return and find a role here beyond your expectations.

Pros
exposure, responsibility, opportunity
Cons
benefits / holidays
I have never worked in a company like Frasers before - every single person I’ve met behaves as if it’s their own business. Passion and excitement emanates from everyone - it’s clear that the success of the business is everyone’s responsibility.

The scale of operations is staggering - during my first week, I spent (social distanced) time in the 63 acre warehouse watching the automated sorters and robots doing their thing.

I’ve spent time working with many of the brands, websites, stores, suppliers that are under management and been amazed by how lean the organisation is that keeps it all in check.

For a multi-billion pound business - some parts of it feel almost like a start-up. The agility and throughput of the development teams I’ve spent time with is truly amazing.

Moving jobs in the current climate felt like a huge risk, but I feel very lucky to be part of this business.

I've worked at companies that call themselves 'fast-paced' but none have come close to how quickly things move at Frasers. It is the hardest I've ever had to work, but after 12 weeks it is already the most rewarding job I've had.

People are empowered to make important decisions every day - this can be daunting for some, but has been a breath of fresh air for me after spending the last 5 years working in a governance heavy corporate environment.

The 'package' that Frasers group offer is basic compared to a lot of other places I have worked - 20 days holiday (plus 8 days for bank holidays) and limited pension contributions. There is a 20% discount off all of the Frasers Group stores (Sports
 - more...
Pros
Heavily subsidised canteen, 20% discount at all stores, discounted gym membership
Cons
Holiday entitlement, basic pension contributions
I was initially mindful due to some negative press, but having been here for 9 weeks and seen the "actual" business and not the media-version, I can confidently say it is an amazing place to work and nothing like it is portrayed.
Fast paced, vibrant and with a start-up feel. It is quite impressive to say those things considering this is a £4bl turnover company...but it is true. Granted this company is not for the feint hearted. be prepared to work hard, take risks and be given more responsibility than you maybe expected. But if you are fearless and open to challenge there are some pretty amazing opportunities here. Frasers develops people to lead and they champion a winning mentality. I have seen people progressed from shop floor part time sales assistant to on the board, in a short space of time. if you work hard, this place will reward you.
Pros
lots of responsibility, career opportunities, good money
Cons
28 days holiday
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Frasers Group?