Frankie and Benny's Employee Reviews

fun workplace
Waitress (Former Employee) –  bedford26 November 2018
it is a fun and a friendly environment to work in working there is suitable as you have a balance between work and home life .Moreover it is a great opportunity to expand you knowledge upon customer service skills etc
Pros
free lunches
Not good place to work
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Dorset8 November 2018
The Area Managers are not helpful at all. Most of them don't know their branches. They asking you to achieve not achievable. I wouldn't recommend GM position to anyone. GMs are doing everything: from paperwork, stock taking to working in the Kitchen.
Cons
long hours, lack of help from Area Manager or Area Chef
fun place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow2 November 2018
Worked for many years, good company to work for. Management ok. Good benefits - including; staff food, good holiday entitlement, tips. Left due to progression.
Pros
Staff food, tips, holiday entitlement
Cons
Long hours, short breaks
worst manager ever
busser (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester30 October 2018
I tried to move up from a busser to a waitress for half my time working there however my manager kept saying that eventually my time would come rather than just telling me no. Also I was doing way more than just my job, some days id be doing all the support staffs jobs by myself as the manager couldn't sort cover.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
managers
Didn't Enjoy
Chef Trainee (Former Employee) –  Bridgend, Bridgend18 October 2018
Was a very stressful job but wasn't for me, staff was friendly, and management was as well. Would definitely recommend eating there, hygiene was great and food was always stored correctly.
alright but not good
bar staff, runner, waitress, hostess (Former Employee) –  North West14 October 2018
not a good salary for the work that you do, unreliable hours, unsociable hours but good for some that need the experience in a bar/restaurant for a student looking for part time work
Productive and Exciting Workplace
Host and Waiter (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire10 October 2018
Good experience and good workplace with exciting people and different tasks everyday which kept the job thoroughly enjoyable. Sometimes work could be dreary and boring but the long hours paid off as it was a good wage with good staff who I made a lot of friends through
Pros
Half Price Meals
Cons
Long Hours
Great Job
Bar Staff (Former Employee) –  Bracknell8 October 2018
Frankie and bennies is a great way to get into the hospitality industry. They provide you with training both inshore and online to help you become a brilliant member of staff.
Not good
Floor Staff (Former Employee) –  Oxford, Oxfordshire3 October 2018
This place is terrible to work for, always understaffed, general management do nothing useful, pay is rubbish for the amount of work and hours we are expected to do for example putting the same individuals to work 6 days a week which consisted of mostly 12 hour shifts they overwork people like crazy. Only good thing is the people I was working with at the time as they were like family.
Pros
Free meals on shift
Cons
Long hours, rubbish pay, bad management
nice work pace
Chef/Cook (Current Employee) –  Canada Water26 September 2018
i like frankie,byt i wann change company because now frankie suks like burger shop...inthis restoraunt i work more then 3 years,money s no to good,plus every weekend you need work,no staff inaf always.
Pros
free lunches 33% discount for 5 people
Cons
lon ghours
good
First-line supervisors - Retail sales workers (Current Employee) –  Oxfordshire20 September 2018
ive learned a lot on this place working but still needs more management, and as a big brand a huge refurbishment, enjoyable till certain point. in fact, it depends on you.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
be ready to overwork long hours.
Falsely advertised wage
chef (Former Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex20 September 2018
Worked 2 shifts with for a chef's job advertised at £8-10/hr. When I went to sort out wages they tried to pay me minimum wage. Was told they would 'speak to a regional manager' who can put me on £8 and call me back. Never got a returned call. Please don't fall for this ploy. Disgusting tactic taking advantage of employees (younger employees)
Not a good experience
Kitchen assistant, Frankie & Bennie (Former Employee) –  Croydon18 September 2018
My first job here in the UK. The restaurant is part of a big chain in Britain and we can see a good company by its employee's fidelity. When the employees don't stop at a work, it must mean something not good.
Pros
Payment at right dates
Cons
No training, no good management.
Poor employers
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Exeter9 September 2018
This job does not offer much job security. I felt as though my job was not safe, particularly that I have children and I cannot be flexible with my working hours.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Poor job security
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Cardiff6 September 2018
I've worked in two of their restaurants. One was a lovely place to work, great management, great team. Cared about the staffs wellbeing. The other was a much bigger restaurant so it wasn't as nice a feel, but good none the less.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire28 August 2018
Long hours but enjoyable job, good for meeting new people and banter on shift. As with all restuarants the managament structure a little too small for effective running of the business.
Sufficent
Chef (Former Employee) –  Birmingham21 August 2018
They pay was avarage and the hours where good. However, the chefs where over worked as too few of them where employed to work in such a kitechen but whats new?
Fun
Waitress (Former Employee) –  St. Oswald17 August 2018
The overall environment is fun but the management can be strict in how you perform and you have to follow certain rules. The job tips very well and training is done well.
fast paced and nice people
Chef/Cook (Former Employee) –  Cardiff15 August 2018
the manager was horrible there because she'd met me twice and always had something against me but the people were nice and always encouraged me to do more.
Pros
good money
Cons
manager was poor
unfairly dismissed for not doing horrible jobs
Chef (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire14 August 2018
Forced me to work pot wash / deserts and starters. It is impossible to do all the work they want you to do. Management are a joke and expect to be underpaid avoid like the plague if you are wanting a good job.
Pros
Free lunch after 6 hour shift
Cons
Literally everything else.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Frankie and Benny's. Our community is ready to answer.