Frankie and Benny's Employee Reviews for Server

Busy workplace
Waiter (Current Employee) –  dishes, UK3 August 2019
Busy and stressfull workplace . My branch is one of the busiest restaurant. sometimes it's fun to work with frankie and benny's but you are not valued with them
Good people to work with
Runner/Waiter (Former Employee) –  Southampton7 July 2019
A typical day for me would be, me covering a certain section of a store and checking on customers and taking their orders. Once cooked I would take their food to them.
Reliable place for work
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Somerset15 June 2019
I worked at Frankie and Benny's for a number of months, and the shifts I was given were relatively consistent. As a busy restaurant, an average day is hard work but made easier by a pleasant team of staff.
Pros
Free meals for most shifts (certain number of hours)
Cons
Long and unsociable hours
Amazing
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire12 June 2019
Great company to work for. All around pleasure to be a part of team that accepts your hard work. Management are a good laugh even though the environment is challenging.
Pros
Cons
Bad staff meals, only when i worked for Frankie's
Fast paced but friendly
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Cramlington, Northumberland7 May 2019
Frankies is a fun company to work for. All the staff and management are friendly and you receive sufficient on the job training. On shift there is always someone to talk to as well on the off chance you do need help with something. The shift times are varied, you can work long days and short days, and different shift times which makes each day unpredictable. The atmosphere is always friendly and you get a buzz from working in a fast paced environment. This job improves your confidence and day to day speaking due to serving customers all the time, and is nice to build a rapport with regulars.
Pros
Paid food on shuft, flexible, easy for time off, good training, friendly atmosphere
Cons
Minimum wage, can get sent home early, may need to stay longer than shift
Energetic and non stop
Waiter (Former Employee) –  London7 May 2019
A typical day would be very fast pace, constant and non stop always on your feet having to go back and fourth a lot it's definitely not the job for those who wish to relax, i learned how to handle very tough situation and deal with everything whilst being under pressure, strong team communication and people skills, management are often rushed off their feet helping or busy in the office and stressed most of the time, the culture is a vibrant and friendly atmosphere but can be rather stressful during busy periods, the hardest part is trying to keep every different customer on every table happy and meet all there needs making them want to return again, the most enjoyable was being appreciated for great service and as a result given tips!
Pros
tips and free lunches
Cons
very long hours and very tiring
Best place I've worked so far
Server (Current Employee) –  Dundee26 April 2019
The Restaurant Group is a wonderful company to work for. It provides a brilliant work/life balance, you gain friendships and great experience from working within this company. I feel I have advanced majorly within this company however I find that progress to management is a rare occurrence. All kitchen and FoH staff are friendly and comfortable being around each other and do not hesitate to help each other out when needed. I have enjoyed this job thoroughly and would highly recommend anyone to apply.
Pros
Free food when on shift, management always backs up servers, good hours
Cons
Can sometimes cut hours depending on volume of customers
Bad communication from management
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Selly Oak, West Midlands25 April 2019
I done a 3 hour work trial for this company, did not have the deacency to contact me again. No organisation for such a well known company......management could do with extra training
Productive and fun workplace
Waitress (Former Employee) –  South Wimbledon16 April 2019
Sometimes busy , sometimes not. I've learned a lot from my manager and my colleagues.Was fun and lovely to work with them .the hardest part of my job was to make the clients waiting when is very busy . The most enjoyable part was to go back home.
average at best
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Whiteley2 April 2019
I worked here for just short of 6 months, was the worst job I have ever done, the staff I worked with were lovely I’ll give them that especially the chefs, but the managers were awful, had no compassion or empathy for their staff, many times I left work in tears or depressed, I suffered with an eating disorder and was told I needed to eat every 2-3 hours however the staff were not allowed food unless they worked over 6 hours. I explained to my managers that I physically couldn’t go that long and they didn’t care. The job itself wasn’t awful, I love waitressing, I loved the staff and the atmosphere of the restaurant just a shame it was let down by poor management
Pros
Good tips
Cons
Poor management
Fun workplace excellent for students or beginning career
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Victoria Station, Greater London18 March 2019
Spent 3 years working here part-time great time with some great co-workers. Excellent place to make money as a student, very flexible working hours, time off if needed. Good tips.
Pros
Free lunches
A good job with a terrible manager.
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Maidstone, Kent24 February 2019
The job is amazing, you meet amazing people. You can tell some of the staff takes drugs on a regular and the manager was a terrible person. The female manager (charlie) was just too rude for me to handle, without training I was put on the floor. The other manager (david) was sent home for being too drunk.
Pros
free lunch, good pay, good work life balance
Cons
managers are terrible.
Busy
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow6 February 2019
Busy fast paced environment with long shifts ranging from all hours of the day. Make good tips but not always worth it. get a freeee meal during shift
Getting worse
Server (Former Employee) –  Poole1 January 2019
Treated poorly, hours cut with no notice, no recognition for hard work and service, constantly understaffed, expected to put up and shut up, staff food and drink whilst on shift has to be paid for.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Bad people management, bad management overall, treated like animals
Productive workplace
Festival Park (Server) (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire23 December 2018
Long hours but nice colleagues. The long days were made better with friendly approachable colleagues. It's a good job to bring in some money or progress up to management in. The hardest part of the job is not getting flustered when it gets busy.
Pros
Free staff meals
Cons
Long Hours
fun workplace
Waitress (Former Employee) –  bedford26 November 2018
it is a fun and a friendly environment to work in working there is suitable as you have a balance between work and home life .Moreover it is a great opportunity to expand you knowledge upon customer service skills etc
Pros
free lunches
Productive and Exciting Workplace
Host and Waiter (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire10 October 2018
Good experience and good workplace with exciting people and different tasks everyday which kept the job thoroughly enjoyable. Sometimes work could be dreary and boring but the long hours paid off as it was a good wage with good staff who I made a lot of friends through
Pros
Half Price Meals
Cons
Long Hours
Poor employers
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Exeter9 September 2018
This job does not offer much job security. I felt as though my job was not safe, particularly that I have children and I cannot be flexible with my working hours.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Poor job security
Fun
Waitress (Former Employee) –  St. Oswald17 August 2018
The overall environment is fun but the management can be strict in how you perform and you have to follow certain rules. The job tips very well and training is done well.
Fun place to work
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Coventry3 August 2018
You literally become family with everyone that works there, the atmosphere is always fun and fast paced but the management don’t care about your wellbeing and if you’re enjoying the actual job
Pros
Free food and keep your tips
Cons
Management are awful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Frankie and Benny's. Our community is ready to answer.