Frankie and Benny's Employee Reviews for Bartender

Horrendous job environment
Waiter and Bartender (Former Employee) –  England12 September 2019
I worked there for a good few years and management is terrible. My pay was messed with and wrong most of the time, and wouldn’t finish work till 1/2 at night most days. They don’t care about there staff only how much money they make, even if that means putting there staff at harm or risk.
Short term fix
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Durham11 September 2019
If you're looking for some quick cash go here don't see it as a career move. Earn here while looking for somewhere better, expect phone calls on your days off to come into work, 11-13 hr shifts often with no break, long waits on food leading to complaints from customers, a week to week rota that can change numerous times and most importantly a zero hours and minimum wage contract. The manager of the restaurant is class but apart from that not much else.
Empty!!!
Bar person and Waiter (Former Employee) –  Sunderland, Tyne and Wear5 September 2019
Worked in Sunderland when first opened.management awful and disrespectful dont care unless ur in there friends list, and tips went missing hmmm ... and if u late by 1 second u get a warning.
From fun to chronic stress.
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Doncaster26 August 2019
Pretty fun place and the hospitality industry was very new and exciting for me to start with. Management went from being supportive, understanding. Now Zero compassion for staff. Demands put me and other staff, under chronic stress to the point of leaving, no growth and being bothered in their personal lives to say they’re doing a s***t job over the most petty things. Promoted idiots. Lost all respect.
Fun workplace
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Wrexham, Wrexham21 July 2019
They would do a fixed permanent number of people working there while they hire temporary workers to do the dirty work and if they didn't like it they would lose the job and get replaced
Pros
free lunches
Cons
bad hours
productive fun workplace
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Nantgarw28 April 2019
this is a great company to work for. it is a very good atmosphere and the people you work with are more like family.
a typical day at work here is fun and it is always different
Good
Waiter and Bartender (Former Employee) –  Cover1 January 2019
A nice place to work, good hours to go around, often too much.
You would find that at first you would be praised for taking on an extra shift but after a while it was expected of you.
Pros
Free lunch, Free soft drinks whilst working, staff nights
Cons
hard to balance life and work life
Nice workplace, bad management
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Leeds13 December 2018
I started working at Frankie and Benny's just over a week ago, but due to working split shifts with a long commute I realised it wasn't for me as I was travelling more than I was working. I had also been offered additional hours at my other job which I have been at longer, and prioritise for that reason.

Due to still being in the probationary period (for which the contract states no notice is required to terminate employment) I sent over my resignation via email yesterday evening. The restaurant unfortunately didn't receive it (I had mistyped the email address) and I was contacted by the manager and told I was unprofessional for missing a shift. Explained the situation, sent over my resignation again and apologised, thanked them for the opportunity to work for the company etc...still being innundated with unprofessional text messages.

Great place to work, sadly just very unprofessional management.

Also, bar staff don't receive tips.
Pros
Lunches provided over 6 hour shift
Cons
Minimum wage, no tips, split shifts, unprofessional management
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Cardiff6 September 2018
I've worked in two of their restaurants. One was a lovely place to work, great management, great team. Cared about the staffs wellbeing. The other was a much bigger restaurant so it wasn't as nice a feel, but good none the less.
Fun workplace just not enough hours
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Hartlepool25 May 2018
I started the job as a waiter however later moved to a bartender, as staff was low there and I had more interest in that department. The group of staff were amazing, supportive and who I actually considered as friends. The management was great as I had no experience in the department yet overtime, I knew all the logistics of the role. the hours kept on depriving and I wasn't earning enough for a living.
Pros
Great group of Staff
Cons
Not enough hours
Be careful with barman hours!
Barman (Former Employee) –  Lisburn, County Down5 May 2018
I left another bar tending job to work with F&B Lisburn, only to learn the hard way. I was promised false hopes, if the restaurant was quiet the barman is always the first to go home. Times I’ve only walked in to be told I’m not needed etc. I came from 40+ hrs to more or less casual hours. As the bar person doesn’t serve the floor, there normally first to go early as early as a hour into your shift.

Be careful working here as bar staff, as you will get the short straw.
Pros
Other fun members of staff
Cons
Bar staff are always first home when quiet, management can be two faced.
Frankie and Benny's
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Bedford8 February 2018
It was good working there although I didn't really like the job itself, I enjoyed the people. Personally, I think bartending is more of a two person job for a restaurant of that size, as I often had to work overtime.
Pros
fun people, creative work, good pay
Cons
I wasn't trained as thouroughly as I should have been and the work load was excessive at times
everyone is fun to work with
Bartender (Former Employee) –  East Kilbride, South Lanarkshire15 January 2018
I really enjoyed working here , I found that everyone was very friendly, everyone works really hard as well. Also the food is great. Good customer service.
Pros
you get to eat the great food
decent for a student
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Carmarthen29 December 2017
being a student the job was good and pay was good the hours were convenient as I was in university most days, the other staff were good to work with too
Stressful yet fun
Bartender/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Murton, Durham19 December 2017
As with any hospitality job, it can be extremely stressful throughout busy periods. However, having worked at a few Frankie and Benny's restaurants it is clear that all restaurants have a massive family feel with the staff and everyone helps each other to ensure the shifts run smoothly. Managers at F&B are always willing to help with any issues you may have and are easily approachable!
Pros
Free food on breaks!
Cons
Long hours with no set finishing time so difficult to plan around
Fun place
Waiter/Barman (Current Employee) –  Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire23 November 2017
Typical day is it could be busy or quiet there is alot of cleaning involved as well as customer care which i enjoy the most staff are lovely and helpful .
Pros
free lunches after 6 hours
Cons
hours vary
Amazing benefits in form of tips
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Preston17 July 2017
easy going environment, perfect for students as is flexible and mostly weekend work. Management shifts around a lot however the company is mostly very good in the form of providing paid training days including those paid days where new menus are cooked and tasted by all staff. Can be busy and overwhelming in the complaints handling but that is the hospitality industry all together.
Overall quite a relaxed job with a nice uniform and good tips.
Pros
free food, tips, nice uniform
Cons
short shifts, no finishing time, fluctuations of staff req
Easy but stressfull workplace
Bartender/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff14 July 2017
Work behind bar in F&B its an easy job, that not required a big kind of concentration, but sometimes can be so stressfull debt to the many customers that visit us.s
this is a challenging , fast paced and exciting place to work
secondary waiter/bartender (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear7 July 2017
I have worked with this company for five years now first as a promoter then as a bartender/secondary waiter and i have enjoyed all of it, my only major complaint is how the company is ran, there is to much focus on profit and cost cutting and not enough focus on customer interaction.
Pros
the opportunity to make extra money in the form of tips from customers
Cons
long hours, early starts and late finishes all within the same week
Boring
Waitress / Bartender (Former Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire22 May 2017
working at Frankie and Benny's (Northampton), was not an enjoyable experience at all, management always retracting statements, changing shifts without informing me, adding me to the rota knowing i wouldn't be in the previous week to know, staff were constantly rude and cursing.
Pros
discounted or free lunches, depending on what menu used
Cons
management, pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Frankie and Benny's. Our community is ready to answer.

Frankie and Benny's Reviews by Location