Frankie and Benny's

Frankie and Benny's Employee Reviews for Bartender

Bartender45 reviews
United Kingdom45 reviews
I loved the team, the management was good. The only problem I believe was the head office I believe they didn't really care about those who were lower down which is disappointing as I do love working here
I loved working here. Tips were goods and if you work and long enough shift you get a free staff meal. If you work hard you will be rewarded. Would recommend for students and people looking for extra cash
Toxic, abusive, exploitative work environment that makes everyone feel undervalued and worthless. Turn over rate is sky high. Waiters don't share tips thus make twice as much as every worker despite having the easiest job in the restaurant.

Management varies.
I worked there for a good few years and management is terrible. My pay was messed with and wrong most of the time, and wouldn’t finish work till 1/2 at night most days. They don’t care about there staff only how much money they make, even if that means putting there staff at harm or risk.
I started when it opened and it was very busy. Work was extremely hard but rewarding. As it got further into the year though things died down and hours got dropped drastically so I had to change jobs.
If you're looking for some quick cash go here don't see it as a career move. Earn here while looking for somewhere better, expect phone calls on your days off to come into work, 11-13 hr shifts often with no break, long waits on food leading to complaints from customers, a week to week rota that can change numerous times and most importantly a zero hours and minimum wage contract. The manager of the restaurant is class but apart from that not much else.
Worked in Sunderland when first opened.management awful and disrespectful dont care unless ur in there friends list, and tips went missing hmmm ... and if u late by 1 second u get a warning.
Pretty fun place and the hospitality industry was very new and exciting for me to start with. Management went from being supportive, understanding. Now Zero compassion for staff. Demands put me and other staff, under chronic stress to the point of leaving, no growth and being bothered in their personal lives to say they’re doing a s***t job over the most petty things. Promoted idiots. Lost all respect.
They would do a fixed permanent number of people working there while they hire temporary workers to do the dirty work and if they didn't like it they would lose the job and get replaced
Pros
free lunches
Cons
bad hours
this is a great company to work for. it is a very good atmosphere and the people you work with are more like family.
a typical day at work here is fun and it is always different
A nice place to work, good hours to go around, often too much.
You would find that at first you would be praised for taking on an extra shift but after a while it was expected of you.
Pros
Free lunch, Free soft drinks whilst working, staff nights
Cons
hard to balance life and work life
I started working at Frankie and Benny's just over a week ago, but due to working split shifts with a long commute I realised it wasn't for me as I was travelling more than I was working. I had also been offered additional hours at my other job which I have been at longer, and prioritise for that reason.

Due to still being in the probationary period (for which the contract states no notice is required to terminate employment) I sent over my resignation via email yesterday evening. The restaurant unfortunately didn't receive it (I had mistyped the email address) and I was contacted by the manager and told I was unprofessional for missing a shift. Explained the situation, sent over my resignation again and apologised, thanked them for the opportunity to work for the company etc...still being innundated with unprofessional text messages.

Great place to work, sadly just very unprofessional management.

Also, bar staff don't receive tips.
Pros
Lunches provided over 6 hour shift
Cons
Minimum wage, no tips, split shifts, unprofessional management
I've worked in two of their restaurants. One was a lovely place to work, great management, great team. Cared about the staffs wellbeing. The other was a much bigger restaurant so it wasn't as nice a feel, but good none the less.
I started the job as a waiter however later moved to a bartender, as staff was low there and I had more interest in that department. The group of staff were amazing, supportive and who I actually considered as friends. The management was great as I had no experience in the department yet overtime, I knew all the logistics of the role. the hours kept on depriving and I wasn't earning enough for a living.
Pros
Great group of Staff
Cons
Not enough hours
I left another bar tending job to work with F&B Lisburn, only to learn the hard way. I was promised false hopes, if the restaurant was quiet the barman is always the first to go home. Times I’ve only walked in to be told I’m not needed etc. I came from 40+ hrs to more or less casual hours. As the bar person doesn’t serve the floor, there normally first to go early as early as a hour into your shift.

Be careful working here as bar staff, as you will get the short straw.
Pros
Other fun members of staff
Cons
Bar staff are always first home when quiet, management can be two faced.
It was good working there although I didn't really like the job itself, I enjoyed the people. Personally, I think bartending is more of a two person job for a restaurant of that size, as I often had to work overtime.
Pros
fun people, creative work, good pay
Cons
I wasn't trained as thouroughly as I should have been and the work load was excessive at times
I really enjoyed working here , I found that everyone was very friendly, everyone works really hard as well. Also the food is great. Good customer service.
Pros
you get to eat the great food
Cons
being a student the job was good and pay was good the hours were convenient as I was in university most days, the other staff were good to work with too
As with any hospitality job, it can be extremely stressful throughout busy periods. However, having worked at a few Frankie and Benny's restaurants it is clear that all restaurants have a massive family feel with the staff and everyone helps each other to ensure the shifts run smoothly. Managers at F&B are always willing to help with any issues you may have and are easily approachable!
Pros
Free food on breaks!
Cons
Long hours with no set finishing time so difficult to plan around
Typical day is it could be busy or quiet there is alot of cleaning involved as well as customer care which i enjoy the most staff are lovely and helpful .
Pros
free lunches after 6 hours
Cons
hours vary
easy going environment, perfect for students as is flexible and mostly weekend work. Management shifts around a lot however the company is mostly very good in the form of providing paid training days including those paid days where new menus are cooked and tasted by all staff. Can be busy and overwhelming in the complaints handling but that is the hospitality industry all together.
Overall quite a relaxed job with a nice uniform and good tips.
Pros
free food, tips, nice uniform
Cons
short shifts, no finishing time, fluctuations of staff req