Frankie and Benny's

Frankie and Benny's Employee Reviews in Newcastle upon Tyne

Newcastle upon Tyne12 reviews
this job was great too start with, as a 16 year old with no previous work experience frankie and bennys welcomed me with open arms, they taught me necesseties i still use in day to day life which is great, but then there is a side where if you get caught in the net its hard to get out, i stayed on just short of 5 years and 2 were enjoyable, they dont pay staff enough for what they do, run you into the ground with no support or thankyou from the heirarchy, no extra pay for working public holidays, 1 meal even on a shift of 12 hours maybe more.
Pros
good training available
Cons
poor higher management
I have worked with this company for five years now first as a promoter then as a bartender/secondary waiter and i have enjoyed all of it, my only major complaint is how the company is ran, there is to much focus on profit and cost cutting and not enough focus on customer interaction.
Pros
the opportunity to make extra money in the form of tips from customers
Cons
long hours, early starts and late finishes all within the same week
Fun environment, mostly nice guests, a lot of children, a lot of birthdays.
Management at times are not the best, and don't do enough work towards helping the floor, and putting the graft into making sure the guests are happy and more into the back of house.
Pros
Free lunch over 6 hours work, keep your own tips
Cons
Understaffing at times due to crazy labour budgets, music.
Its like working at any other restaurant but the good thing about it is that every single one of us see each other as family members.
The ,ost enjoyable part of working there is the opportunity to meet new people every day.
bad organisation,
lack of communication,

management except too much and they don't even appreciate the hard job,

always short of staff,

long hours,

low wage,

no team work
Pros
free food
Cons
unsociable shifts
My typical day is always busy. I have a lot of phone calls and emails but I always can find a time for my co workers to make sure they have got all they need.
A lot of skills gained regarding management experience. Hardest part of the job is shift work and juggling work life and personal life. Fun environment for students.
When working for Frankie & Benny's i was only 17 and still in college. However the short time that i spent here gave me an idea of a full time job within this sector. My duties here were; clearing tables being fast and keeping a high standard. Being customer focused, taking direction quickly and efficiently and using my initiative were the skills i took onto my new job from this. The most enjoyable part of the job was working in a fun team, enjoying the atmosphere and music and most definitely the food.
Pros
Good team, Good fun.
Cons
Unstable.
Great place to work for for management experience as their manager in training programme is one of the best around. Long hours but worth it at the end
Pros
free lunch pension scheme
Cons
I enjoy Frankie and Benny's because of the fantastic team we have and the motivation they all have to deliver and meet targets set. I have excellent communication skills, have the ability to display leadership and guidance to my team therefore typical day at work flows. It's always good to receive compliments from customers about you or staff, has a positive knock on effect throughout the team.
Pros
Bonuses for meeting targets
I'm quite a confident person but one does get disheartened when 98% of your fliers get binned in front of you, although I suppose it is to be expected. I didn't mind the fact that it was outdoors, but when you have Raynaud's Syndome, you do suffer when you get rained on so for this reason it wasn't for me but I would have stayed if the cold didn't affect me so severely.
Pros
Relatively easy work
Cons
At the mercy of the weather
Not a company I would reccommend but not one I would speak badly of either as I take a professional approach to all aspects of my work life.
Pros
great team members
Cons
unorganised, lack of communication.