Frankie and Benny's Employee Reviews in London

It's a nice company
Barista/ Waitress (Current Employee) –  London5 March 2019
I found good colleagues and a good management. Salary was not bad. I could learn lots of new things. The problem was i worked few hours, however I racommend this company.
Pros
Free meals
Fun work place
Head Chef/weitress (Former Employee) –  London,sussex13 May 2018
Friendly, good atmpsfera, the manager helped,
Good customer, family very welcome.
Staff give very good assistant e attention.
Food is very good tasty and beautiful aprensentation.
Pros
Free lanche
Cons
Long shifts
protective working place
door host and busser (Current Employee) –  london wandsworth17 January 2017
people where really nice they helped me a lot with anything that I struggled with .. I met a lot of new people and taught me new skills
Pros
free lunchs
Cons
over hours
Fun Place to work - hours aren't great
Team Member (Current Employee) –  London17 July 2016
The staff and management are lovely to work with, training was great and shifts can often be very fun and full of laughs. However, contracted hours are not always provided and some weeks I do not get hours at all.
Pros
Great work life, free lunches, friendly colleagues.
Cons
Lack of hours, unpaid breaks.
challenging and rewarding
General Manager (Former Employee) –  London, United Kingdom20 June 2016
challenging yet rewarding at the same time. have to be ready for everything and anything as no two days are ever the same. personally thrived in demanding situations.
Pros
scope for growth
Cons
franchise restrictions
Productive and fun workplace
Waitress (Former Employee) –  London16 June 2016
I worked for a fantastic restaurant where I improved my knowledge about different types of food, my serving skills, and learned how to work at a fast pace, how to make sure that customers are always satisfied and are given a great customer service.
Fun workplace
Bar supervisor & a waiter (Current Employee) –  London30 May 2016
Working in a restaurant has helped me develop many life skills, most importantly it has made me a confident speaker while communicating with people.
Fun workplace.
Bartender. (Former Employee) –  London11 April 2016
Working in a restaurant can sometimes be very frustrating and also sometimes so great & fun, being a peoples person is a very important skill due to the reason how you're always interacting with customers and taking care of customers.

It can go from being very quite to very busy so you have to always be prepared, the most important point for me is being a team player, you and the colleagues need to all work toghether to make sure the work environment runs smoothly.
Pros
Working with great colleagues and meeting great customers.
Its a great place to work with fun , stress and lots of hard work and we treat our Customers like our personal Gust.Great Management training .
Asst Deputy Manager (Former Employee) –  South East London28 January 2016
On a typical day at work like Monday its very quite so we do our stock control and WTR for the week ending, at the same time we ask our staffs to do some cleaning and make sure that we are ready for the week.
The hardest part of the job is when we don't have enough staffs when its busy so we have to take the pressure and stress together and share between us and make sure our Gusts are happy.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
very Long Hours
work and fun
Chef (Former Employee) –  London, ENG17 September 2015
It employs a variety of personalities, mainly Polish.
It is very busy and managers do promote every now and then.
There is so much pressure put onto workers which can upset them sometimes. At busy times, unfriendly time may be a concern. Everyone is busy trying to provide service and this leads to swearing in the environment sometimes.
Pros
Free meal per shift
Cons
lack of adequate timetable for students
Long Hours
Deputy Manager (Former Employee) –  London2 April 2015
Be prepared to work long hours when you take on a management position. 54 hours is normal contract but in reality you normally work a long the lines of around 60-70 sometimes with no day off, as you have to cut waiters and waitresses in order to bring labour which means when you work it out you end up on minimum wage or less also. sometimes management can contradict themselves, e.g senior management ask about a complaint that has come through, when you say you were short staff they ask why until you give them the answer that it was them that asked you to cut staff in the first place but they don't want to hear that. No social life as you have to work all weekends, and you never get away from the place as managers are constantly calling you for information even on your days off. Best part is perhaps being a waiter/ waitress as you earn tips, training is very thorough for both management and staff though you can get thrown in the deep end sometimes. Free staff meals when you work a certain number of hours, benefits such as discount of certain retail stores and holidays, days out etc. They also get involved in raising money for charities too.
Pros
Good training programme, free meals for on duty staff, tips
Cons
long hours, no social life
ok
Barmaid/Waitress (Former Employee) –  London, ENG13 January 2015
serving customers i learned how to deal with customers the management was not good at motivating the team i like working with most of the people there the hardest part was deliveries was getting tips
Pros
free lunchs
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, ENG19 September 2014
Busy environment, you have to learn how to cook, people were very helpful, the hardest part is the deep cleaning.
Stressful
Busser (Former Employee) –  London, ENG19 August 2014
I gained a lot of experience out of this job, however it was not worth the effort or the money. Worked long shifts late at night on minimum wage with little or no breaks. Management did not listen when I asked for the shifts I could do and gave me ones I couldn't do. Eventually quit due to frustration and not worth getting stressed out over £3.72 per hour!
Cons
Extremely stressful
Fun Workplace
Door Hostest (Former Employee) –  London, ENG5 August 2014
I would seat customers, give them menus and explain the specials of the day.
I would have to clean the host desk and made it look presentable.
My co-workers would get along very well with each other.
The hardest part of my job, I would say was when the restaurant started getting busy and i would seat loads of customers very quickly but still concentrate on the customers at all time.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Not feeling appreciated of my job
interesting experience working in London
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  London, ENG2 July 2014
Server at a very popular chain restaurant in London meeting many tourists as well as the regular residents of the borough of London.