Frankie and Benny's Employee Reviews

great job rubbish pay
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Stockton-on-Tees23 August 2019
I wouldn't recommend anybody work for this company as the manger who pays you is a nasty person she wont let you have a day of if your ill she tells you to go in and if you go in early like I did at 6.22 and finish at 8.22 she pays you £39.46 instead of £49 every Friday. she is a joke and there is somebody else who works there he gets £69 every Friday for 4 days where you only get 3 days and get less money. bang out of order she should either put the money up or get rid of the other cleaner as its bang out of order that they get more than you. say you got children how you supposed to live on that rubbish money and being on benefits dosnt help especially being paid once a month on universal credit
good work place
waitress (Current Employee) –  St Helens, Merseyside16 August 2019
fast moving work place, friendly environment where all employee work well with each other allowing a good follow of work. within the restaurant. also costumers tend to emjoy there time and love the discounts
Pros
fun work place
Cons
lack hours
Hardwork and long hours
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh8 August 2019
staff great - very ahrd to get work life balance, salary good hardest part is understanding HO giving budgets based on figures rather than reality - no training hours given or holiday exemption costs
Pros
free lunch
Cons
very long hours, wrong focuses
Busy workplace
Waiter (Current Employee) –  dishes, UK3 August 2019
Busy and stressfull workplace . My branch is one of the busiest restaurant. sometimes it's fun to work with frankie and benny's but you are not valued with them
Fun workplace
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Wrexham, Wrexham21 July 2019
They would do a fixed permanent number of people working there while they hire temporary workers to do the dirty work and if they didn't like it they would lose the job and get replaced
Pros
free lunches
Cons
bad hours
Poor place to work
GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Trowbridge, Wiltshire11 July 2019
Bad high management
Not interested in the people that work for them
Poor food quality
Long hours no breaks
Poor training
Lacked consistency
Failed to follow procedures
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
The food was bad so a poor free lunch
Nice environment
Busser (Former Employee) –  Huntingdon10 July 2019
Good people to work with, very supportive of newcomers and an overall helpful environment! There were a lot of training quizzes but it meant I was well prepared and had a good experience there.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Minimum wage (for bussers at least)
Fun work places
Busser (Current Employee) –  Bury St. Edmunds8 July 2019
It’s a really happy enjoyable work environment!
All the customers have a happy vibe in the restaurant, all of the staff are friendly and all get along.
Good people to work with
Runner/Waiter (Former Employee) –  Southampton7 July 2019
A typical day for me would be, me covering a certain section of a store and checking on customers and taking their orders. Once cooked I would take their food to them.
fun, good team
Bartender (Former Employee) –  South Yorkshire27 June 2019
Overal Frankie and bennies was a great place to work, i enjoyed my time working there.
Setup kitchen for breakfast
chef (Current Employee) –  Longwell Green, Bristol25 June 2019
Most of the time restourant was busy and we were always less chefs in the kitchen.Weekly hours doesnt meet my needs also there is lack of communication in this place
Fun workplace and nice team
Front of House / Bar Staff (Former Employee) –  Warrington20 June 2019
Although managers did not train me whatsoever, and I was thrown into the role with no experience, the job was fun and the customers were generally very understanding and nice to talk to!
Reliable place for work
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Somerset15 June 2019
I worked at Frankie and Benny's for a number of months, and the shifts I was given were relatively consistent. As a busy restaurant, an average day is hard work but made easier by a pleasant team of staff.
Pros
Free meals for most shifts (certain number of hours)
Cons
Long and unsociable hours
Amazing
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire12 June 2019
Great company to work for. All around pleasure to be a part of team that accepts your hard work. Management are a good laugh even though the environment is challenging.
Pros
Cons
Bad staff meals, only when i worked for Frankie's
Fun working enviroment
Chef (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands11 June 2019
I enjoyed working within frankie and bennys. I felt as though the staff we're very welcoming and easy to get along with. I put my catering qualifications to good use whilst being able to work in a busy kitchen environment. Although this was a very busy and fast environment to work within, I felt as though I kept up to speed and provided quality food and customer service.
Pros
Staff meals, discount with TGR, better communication skills
was great till the end
Bar Manager (Former Employee) –  Brierley Hill, West Midlands16 May 2019
I had a great time here until the area manager changed!

Staff were all fun and happy, managers were fun and enjoyable to work with. Long and sometimes unsociable hours.
Pros
the staff
Cons
paperwork
You can have fun, but times are getting harder
Supervisor FOH/Head chef (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol14 May 2019
The company does not seem to know in which direction it's going. New promotions are being launched continually with less than 24 hours notice to the stores therefore not enabling them to have sufficient stock and staffing levels. Labour costs continually being cut therefore increasing individual work loads. Pay rises non existent unless you are on minimum wage, for example minimum wage went up £1.83 per hour over a time, yet my pay was not 'allowed' to be increased as I was paid too much lol.
Pros
Staff feeding, fun with team members
Cons
Labour cuts, lack of direction
Fast pace and exciting work place
Busser (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands12 May 2019
It was a fun and exciting place to work because i was learning new things everyday. The staff made everything alot easier showing me everything. I learnt how to handle food in a busy enviroment which made me alot better at working.
Pros
Free food and fun enviroment
Cons
Breaks not guaranteed
Fast paced but friendly
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Cramlington, Northumberland7 May 2019
Frankies is a fun company to work for. All the staff and management are friendly and you receive sufficient on the job training. On shift there is always someone to talk to as well on the off chance you do need help with something. The shift times are varied, you can work long days and short days, and different shift times which makes each day unpredictable. The atmosphere is always friendly and you get a buzz from working in a fast paced environment. This job improves your confidence and day to day speaking due to serving customers all the time, and is nice to build a rapport with regulars.
Pros
Paid food on shuft, flexible, easy for time off, good training, friendly atmosphere
Cons
Minimum wage, can get sent home early, may need to stay longer than shift
Energetic and non stop
Waiter (Former Employee) –  London7 May 2019
A typical day would be very fast pace, constant and non stop always on your feet having to go back and fourth a lot it's definitely not the job for those who wish to relax, i learned how to handle very tough situation and deal with everything whilst being under pressure, strong team communication and people skills, management are often rushed off their feet helping or busy in the office and stressed most of the time, the culture is a vibrant and friendly atmosphere but can be rather stressful during busy periods, the hardest part is trying to keep every different customer on every table happy and meet all there needs making them want to return again, the most enjoyable was being appreciated for great service and as a result given tips!
Pros
tips and free lunches
Cons
very long hours and very tiring

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Frankie and Benny's. Our community is ready to answer.