FRAMEWORK HOUSING ASSOCIATION Employee Reviews

Framework Housing
Support Planner (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire5 January 2019
A typical day at work is un-predictable. You do learn a lot on the job about processes and training. The classroom training is on a whole beneficial and well planned. However, the E-learning is poor.
The clients where I work are extremely challenging, you need to have a thick skin and be mindful of risk. We would like more males within Framework as it seems to draw more women. The lunch breaks are flexible, your time can be slightly flexible. I suggest you ask about flexibility of working hours before you start as they are stubborn to change these when started.
Pros
mixed working tasks
Cons
poor organisation
see star rating
Support Worker/Carer (Former Employee) –  Radford19 October 2018
Took 10 per cent out of my wages when off sick.... not advertised.
No allowance of my background or problems. Not listened to , one really nice manager but often overruled. IT slow to respond, often locked out and unhelpful.Even the building was falling to bit's..... overall the shift's were too much and took their toll on me.
Shocker.
Pros
training package online
Cons
shifts, managers, job security
good but not for me
Training Centre Manager (Current Employee) –  Nottingham24 September 2018
Very accommodating (too accommodating if you ask me) employer. Pay scales are not competitive but you work in charity for the intrinsic reward not financial.

A number of poor decision at an organisational particularly around IT means that organising and managing you day is extremely challenging
Pros
some great inviduals working here
Cons
IT systems are the worst I have worked with
Love working for Framework.
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire21 July 2018
Amazing place to work. I have enjoyed every minute of my job since starting in January. I work with young people and families. I feel like I make a difference and I feel lucky to have amazing managers who advise me and also put me in my place when needed. I am so proud to wear my badge because I believe in what Framework do.
Pros
Feel good job
Cons
occasional weekends
Good if you want to feel good about yourself
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, Nottinghamshire14 June 2018
Helping people get back in to their own properties is a good feeling, especially when they want help to get back on to the straight and narrow, if they don't, it feels like your banging your head on a brick wall.

The weekend hours are long (in the service I worked at) but I was surrounded by a good team which helped.

The management were helpful and even further up in the company, you were listened too.

Overall, if you don't mind giving up your weekends (not every weekend - dependent of service) then this is the company for you.
Pros
Excellent team throughout
Cons
Ridiculous weekend hours
Amazing team + management
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Spalding, Lincolnshire21 January 2018
I have worked at Framework now for around 3 months and I've got to say that it is already most rewarding and enjoyable job I could have ever wished for.
The staff at Spalding + Holbeach all work together as a team. We all have a laugh and a joke together and when the work needs doing we all work and support each other to get that work done to the best of our ability.
The most surprising thing for me coming into the company was how supportive, engaged and interactive the management are with not only the staff members but also the residents within the service.
If you have any problems/queries the management and other staff members are always ready to help you and give you their full support.
Framework as a company have hundreds of online training courses as well as some classroom courses to really help develop your personal and professional understanding and skills.
It really is as if we are all one big team.
I couldn't ask for better colleagues or company to work for.
Pros
The management and staff
supportive
Housing Support Planner / worker (Current Employee) –  Notiingham16 January 2018
challenging work but rewarding.
you need compassion for homeless people and an understanding of its causes to be able to integrate fully in the company.
flexibility is crucial.
Cons
rewarding job for a brilliant company
move on support worker (Current Employee) –  Spalding, Lincolnshire16 January 2018
I have worked for framework for one year and it is the best job I have ever had. No two days are the same, working with a diverse group of clients means you are constantly learning. Management are excellent, very supportive of any issues going on outside of work aswell as inside. I have had the pleasure of working with a great team. A brilliant job if you are someone who wants to make a difference to someones life in a positive way.
Pros
supportive team, good hours/shift pattern, rewarding job
Love working in Spalding & Holbeach
Support Planner (Former Employee) –  Spalding, Lincolnshire15 January 2018
Such a good branch of Framework.
The team in Spalding/Holbeach actively encourages team working and inclusion. The team all get on and work hard to keep it so.
Framework itself has a never-ending list of available courses that you are encouraged to go on.
Internal progress is also encouraged, plenty of promotion from within.
Only 37 hours per week, paid extra hours if you do more, but no requirement to do more.
Night shift 4 on 4 off any extra is paid extra.

Do not listen to the negative comments (see the location they are from) none from Spalding area.
Pros
Team work, Training, good conditions, good atmosphere, fantastic sense of achievement
Cons
Can be hard work, must be patient
Amazing place to work
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Spalding, Lincolnshire25 October 2017
I worked at Framework Housing Association for over a year before leaving to go to university.
Management really care about the cause, and are committed to helping staff fill their full potential.
Lots of fantastic training opportunities and there was always room for advancement.
Work can be challenging, but extremely rewarding. Working for a company like this, you really feel like you're making a difference.
Everyone in my workplace was friendly and helpful, which made working there even better.
Pros
Friendly staff, helpful management, rewarding role
internal management shocking
Long term employed frontline services (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire11 October 2017
No longer a charity - a clear business. Service users are either loved or hated. Ego all the way at the top from the men - white middle class of course.
Pros
Flexible family working
Cons
Management too far removed from frontline
extremely badly run organisation
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Nottinghamshire22 September 2017
They promised PPE and tools to do the job at the interview but when working there had to use my own tools a lot of the time to do jobs then had to argue just to get £30 towards some adequate safety boots. Working there has left me out of pocket with the loss and ware of my tools, work clothing percription safetey glasses etc. managers can't even keep to there same story's they tell you somthing but nevee follow thru on what they say therfore I can't trust them.
so with the conditions I was having to work in and seeing how some of the clients are left to live I have had no choice but to find a job somewhere else.
Pros
good feeling you get when helping someone out
Cons
vary bad management inadequate equipment equipment to do jobs expected of you t
Unsupportive management, no job satisfaction, poor pay
Tenancy Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire4 July 2017
Wouldn't contract with them again. There are some really good services but not within the housing management service or hostels. they command high rents and service users don't get value for money or get the support they need. Managers aren't solution focused and are ignorant to issues raised and consider these as unwanted problems. also have no idea how to support staff that are stressed due to high case loads.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
High case loads, unsupportive managers
Useless company. Not a charity its a business
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Nottingham12 May 2017
Management don't know what theyr'e doing and refuse that there is anything wrong within the company. Its not a charity it is a business as all they care about is money and figures.
Pros
Cons
no progression, no support
relaxed hard working
Financial Inclusion Worker (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire25 April 2017
Lost of fingers in lots of pies but on the right team great place to work. Relaxed code of dress, great benefit training. Not good at honouring parking permits
productive and fun work place
Support Worker (Bank) (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire22 April 2017
working with framework I have learned a lot and it has gave me the confidence to move forward everyday is different and challenging but is more than worth it when we reach success with the service users
Pros
free training
Cons
night shifts
Perfect teamwork
Housing Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire23 February 2017
Team members working different shifts but easily pass any unfinished work to next team member. Everybody very open and helpful, can ask for help anytime.
Pros
flexible workhours
Cons
Very busy, lots of service users on caseload
Streesful and token support
officer (Former Employee) –  Nottingham19 October 2016
Being physically attacked or abused by residents comes with the job! Management unsupportive and high turnover of staff and many laid off during the cuts so little job security. Seems to be a culture of " we're the best and only housing association" which is far from true or factual.
Most enjoyable part of the job is appreciation from of the residents you work with. Would seriously NOTt recommend this company!
Pros
Cons
Shift work and poor management
Innovative NHS Trust
Clinical Lead/Care home managment (Former Employee) –  Nottinghamshire14 September 2016
Allows development of staff team and encouraged you to go for new roles
Flexibility and understanding of home/ work life balance
Most enjoyable part of job knowing dignity of patients maintained t all times
Productive, Fun, Equality and diversity all the way.
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Nottingham14 July 2016
Excellent to work for however I will say if you have young children working 2 shift pattern may not be a good idea. My family and myself are finding difficult with the shift.

Managers are great to work with and will help you in every way to achieve goals and aspirations.

Hardest part of the job is watching young adults coming into the service knowing that most of them are children of the same age as my own children..

enjoyable knowing that I'm able to help and support people with different needs.

Management is great. They will give you great advice when required.

Staff are great to work with.
Pros
Great framework course. learning everyday
Cons
2 shift pattern, don't get to see my children and partner very much