FRAMEWORK HOUSING ASSOCIATION

FRAMEWORK HOUSING ASSOCIATION Employee Reviews

United Kingdom40 reviews
The company is based on equality but it works only where it suits the management i am in the maintainance part to the company and see where they do good getting people off the streets but are more like glorified landlords where anything will do as long as the properties are let beware!.
Loved every minute here, only left to pursue education. Lots of scope for moving forward. Accepting of home life and always fair and treats everyone equal. Support given was second to none.
Day to day job was enjoyable (if not stuck on shift with agency, then you’re running the whole place by yourself) management spent majority of time on shift locked in their own office would only ever come out for a cigarette then right back to their office, always cancelling and rescheduling supervision’s that would also be cancelled so you’re left to just get on with whatever you think your doing is right. Luckily I had a supportive staff team to support with daily duties.
Great environment to work in.
Great management and team members.

Excellent training opportunities are provided and different shift patterns are available.
Workload is quite a bit to much, not enough support workers, half a day visiting clients at their accomodations or taking them for an interview or appointment with doctors and other half day clearly office work.
Pros
Petty cash and milage expenses
Staff are supportive, dedicated, and service lead. Managers are really supportive and approachable.
Its like a very large family always looking out for one another. Job perks with fair pension, employee assistance programme, confidential counselling, directive support for any mental health issues.
Good mangers working closely with staffs at all times, always willing to listen to members of staff and address their concerns.goog working environment.
Pros
Non corporate, laid back and fair and flexible employer.
Plenty of opportunity to grow in your role and service.

Some front line roles can be demanding and stressful for which the pay can be low.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Often low rates of pay
threw frontline workers under the bus to keep SMT positions. workload doubled pay reduced by 8%, frontline positions rebadged in order to split them into 2 catagories so they could pay different grades for people doing the same work.
Would recommend great team. Training is second to none and very professional. My tean is very relaxed and always an open door approach. I am very satisfied.
There was reasonable job progression until 2010 then it all changed and there were 2 rounds of redundancies, salary reductions and a self protectionist shift in management culture
Hard work, fast paced and great service users( disputes their challenging behaviour) but management are one sided and corrupt, they look out for each other or their favourites, they make up lies to get you sacked, the service manager is sexist and arrogant and all managers are bullies and cover it up. Head office are no better either. Avoid this company!!
Management need to adhere to the company's policy and procedures.
A lot of bad practices swept under the carpet.

Incredibly bullying atmosphere.

Long hours and pressured to work your days off.

Refused by management to take Annual leave only when it shuts them.

Be careful don't trust anyone
Framework is a fantastic charity that does a great job in helping those in need when at the lowest point in their lives.
This is purely down to the dedicated workforce each of which is passionate about their job role. They are a credit to Framework.

However, the staff are let down by extremely poor management who offer little or no support, in particular to night staff.

In the 18 months I was employed there, I did not see management once during my shift.

Occasionally I would see them briefly during the 30 minute handover time from the night to day shift but that was all.

I often felt forgotten about and underappreciated.

The night shifts are bearable following a 4 on 4 off pattern, each consisting of 11 hours. This however did impact on my days off when I struggled to adapt to a normal pattern.

Despite not being allowed to leave site due to the nature of the work, I felt that being deducted 30 minutes meal break every shift was nothing more than penny-pinching.

Similar jobs as this often pay the full shift as it is accepted that you are expected to be on duty for the full shift.

Internal recruitment processes are also very questionable!

When I stood up to an injustice regarding this, I was made to feel as though I was a troublemaker.

Although I was sad to leave, because of this, I felt that my continued employment with Framework was untenable.
Excellent staff who want to work hard for clients but let down by poor middle and senior managers who allow bullying, ignore issues and let their egos run riot. Certain managers are abusive bullies. One bullied an excellent team leader, who considered her staff and people the team supported, out of her job.
An incident of violence in my team, employee on employee, inadequately investigated and dismissed by a very senior manager.

E-learning system very poor, benefit training very good. IT has always been poor with little investment in the systems, and poor software.

There has been a concentration in recent years on "supported accommodation" in buildings that F/W has built and owns with grants from public funds.

Many staff enjoy the work, being able to help people and change lives and endure the poor management.
Pros
Helping vulnerable people, benefit training and decent pension.
Cons
No appreciation from poor management.
The service delivery and quality of work is at the heart of the organisation. They really do put the service users first.
They are a forward thinking organisation that stay ahead of the game when it comes to vulnerable adult services.
Pros
Rewarding, supportive, progression, investment in staff and training
Cons
Challenging behaviour, paperwork heavy, low wage (understandble)
A typical day at work is un-predictable. You do learn a lot on the job about processes and training. The classroom training is on a whole beneficial and well planned. However, the E-learning is poor.
The clients where I work are extremely challenging, you need to have a thick skin and be mindful of risk. We would like more males within Framework as it seems to draw more women. The lunch breaks are flexible, your time can be slightly flexible. I suggest you ask about flexibility of working hours before you start as they are stubborn to change these when started.
Pros
mixed working tasks
Cons
poor organisation
Took 10 per cent out of my wages when off sick.... not advertised.
No allowance of my background or problems. Not listened to , one really nice manager but often overruled. IT slow to respond, often locked out and unhelpful.Even the building was falling to bit's..... overall the shift's were too much and took their toll on me.

Shocker.
Pros
training package online
Cons
shifts, managers, job security
Very accommodating (too accommodating if you ask me) employer. Pay scales are not competitive but you work in charity for the intrinsic reward not financial.

A number of poor decision at an organisational particularly around IT means that organising and managing you day is extremely challenging
Pros
some great inviduals working here
Cons
IT systems are the worst I have worked with
Amazing place to work. I have enjoyed every minute of my job since starting in January. I work with young people and families. I feel like I make a difference and I feel lucky to have amazing managers who advise me and also put me in my place when needed. I am so proud to wear my badge because I believe in what Framework do.
Pros
Feel good job
Cons
occasional weekends
Helping people get back in to their own properties is a good feeling, especially when they want help to get back on to the straight and narrow, if they don't, it feels like your banging your head on a brick wall.

The weekend hours are long (in the service I worked at) but I was surrounded by a good team which helped.

The management were helpful and even further up in the company, you were listened too.

Overall, if you don't mind giving up your weekends (not every weekend - dependent of service) then this is the company for you.
Pros
Excellent team throughout
Cons
Ridiculous weekend hours
Ask a question about working or interviewing at FRAMEWORK HOUSING ASSOCIATION. Our community is ready to answer.