FrameStore

FrameStore Employee Reviews

Great company with very talented and creative individuals. Friendly employees and all senior management are approachable, which is nice and refreshing. The current Head of HR creates an uncomfortable working environment in the office, producing very negative energy. It is unfortunate as overall the other individuals in HR make a great team! There is definately opportunity to progress further in your career for individuals in the VFX industry. Working hours are too long and there is no paid overtime.
Pros
Excellent Wellbeing sessions provided
Cons
Long hours, no benefits!
In production at Framestore, you are being underpaid especially with all the extra hours you do. You are not being valued for the hard work you put and it takes years before receiving a promotion.
was a wonderful place to work , it has a brilliant vibe to it,. very nice and comfortable the people that i was working among were very friendly and helpful
No two days are the same, one day it can be really busy and he other it could be relaxed, but there is always something to do. I learned how to manage my time well and how to work well in a team. The hardest part of the job is at lunch because you have to make sure that the canteen is stock up with enough cutlery, plates and cups and making sure that the plates are washed and dry for it to be used again. I'd say that the most enjoyable part of the day is after lunch because it isn't so hectic and you're able to get more things done for example taking out the trash, stocking up on general appliances and delivering items to other departments. FrameStore have a positive workplace culture no one is treated differently.
Pros
You get to go to different departments and learn about what they do.
One of the best place I have worked. everyone is willing to help and explain things in depth and your input is very valued. Good interaction with the team
Good! Highly recommended good place to work. Nice people around with amazing skills!
Spent many years here. There is a glass ceiling when it comes moving up the ladder. Progression mainly on how well you get on with HODS. It is creatively a soul crushing place. Great when you start., but after a while you realise , you are just a cog in a big machine. If you want to move to another area of 3d...good luck! they will keep you doing the same type of work over and over again, with false promises of advancement. Eventually you have to leave the company, to pursue what you want to specialise in. Poor amount of holidays. No overtime pay, much like all vfx places. And short contracts..6 to 8 months if you are lucky. Try getting a montage with that!
Pros
Some great people you will work with.
Cons
Short contracts, No stabilty. Low pay.
As above. I worked at Framestore for about six months on a Freelance basis. That is all the relevant information I can put in this section. Any more would be superfluous.
I really enjoyed working at the Film, Television, and 3-D Animation company as a post production assistant. My Duties included: - Post production assistance - Runner at the Café which involved interacting with a wide variety of clients throughout the business, dealing with purchase orders, cargo, and quality control. - Reported to my team leader. - I was also given additional responsibilities due to my efficient and mature approach to work, including dealing with senior client queries and offering problem-solving solutions.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at FrameStore?
Didnt learn much but enjoyed my time there everyone was nice and it was a good place to work. Facilities were great. But a little more supoort would of been good
Framestore wasn't ditsy place of work experience. If was an amazing experience as I was greeted by a very friendly receptionist. The people I learned from I would always remember, as they taught me more than what I knew, which overall benefited me in the future
Framestore is one of the best production houses in London. However, the building is cramped and the fact that they don't own any content makes for an unstable environment.
Pros
central location
Cons
long hours and central location
You will work on many great projects. An amazing VFX house in Soho. Unfortunately in the VFX industry it is almost impossible to have job security and a respectable work/life balance.
Pros
Film Credits
Cons
unpaid extra time, no work/life ballance, no job security
I admire Framestore for constantly adapting to the changes of the industry. Being able to survive for as long as it has is an Amazing feet. Everyone is very friendly and hard working. I think its a really good place for people to get started in their career.
Friendly Hard working Great benefits Understanding Successful
working at framestore is like working at home, i,ve learned a lot of patience , comunicate with people and to be helpfull to everyone, it was easy straight job,cook a dinner for 100 people plan a menu for the whole week and do function and canapes on thursdays that was the hardest one, because i work by myself, it was challenging but i got use to it and thats what i like
Pros
short hours and free lunches
Cons
no promotions
Framestore is a well established company with a very set working culture. From my first day I felt welcomed and comfortable in my working environment and had a great production team who helped me excel in my role.