Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy Employee Reviews

Great structure and professionalism
Compliance Consultant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London7 March 2018
An overall excellent experience, exceptional training, skills, and team - providing a world class service. Ability to progress and gain very in depth knowledge and responsibility
Fun qorkolace
Immigration Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire11 October 2017
This was a good environment to see if Immigration Law was the career for me, I feel I will be able to progress in any area of law, having been given the opportunity.
People are not valued
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London20 September 2017
Partners do not care that people are not happy and expect high turnover and do nothing to stop it. You get recognition if you work for certain Partners. It is not the Partners' fault if you do not get recognition. Some Partners are favourites and some are not.
i was unhappy
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sheffield14 August 2017
I was unhappy with the treatment and unprofessional environment that led me to leave Fragomen. There was no management and no team work! I felt ignored and out of place. I would not recommend to work there.
Limited rewards and a culture of blame
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  London4 June 2016
Fragomen is certainly a well known and established corporate immigration firm. That part is not in dispute. The exposure you will get will stand you in good stead for other immigration firms.
However, working for Fragomen in the UK is certainly an interesting experience. First and foremost you will be working under a lot of pressure. Monthly billing targets are the most important factor. If you don't meet them, then be prepared to face a roasting by your line manager. They are not sympathetic.
Working at Fragomen is ok for a short period as they will introduce you to the immigration work. However, they have a large turnover of non lawyers to rival firms such as PwC, EY and KPMG. Why? Well the money and benefits are far better but also they have a better working environment and do not have a blame culture which Frags has. You would have guessed that Frags would have realised this by now but sadly not. Will they ever?
Also, the only way to progress is to become a qualified lawyer. They recruit internally for training contracts every year with around 4 positions available. If you can't qualify then you will face a brick wall. Period!
Pros
Good exposure to corporate immigration
Cons
Blame culture, support staff such as Paralegals and Coordinators treated as second class employees