Foxtons

Foxtons Employee Reviews

United Kingdom65 reviews
It was a great place to work for, if you are hardworking.

I am a very hardworking individual, however the work life balance was close to non existent. I worked a lot, and earned 'a lot' in comparison to some people; however even that was not enough for me.

You put in a lot of work, but the pay off is not 100%. Its great in terms of teaching you discipline, and training in the property world for sure.

Tip for management: Be more transparent with staff, conduct interviews and actually implement their points and let loose a little. Its 2020 :) The more people have fun at work, and aren't being micromanaged, the more they will produce.

Negative: Car Insurance cover, whereby you have to pay 600Pounds for any damages caused (whether you were at fault or not); 11-12 Hour working hours; Micromanagement

Positive: People People People
Stayed too long at this organisation
Wouldn't recommend to a friend

Great training and good place to start your property career but leave sooner rather than later
They provide great training and good support as a negotiator.

No two days are similar. Meritrocratic environment to work in, rewarded for the hard work you put in. The hours are a bit long and they are not very flexible with it.
Your day was very structured and you received ongoing training and support throughout. It's a good place to start your sales career but the hours are very long. Very high turnover of staff because of this and staff are generally very young. Wouldn't suit anyone with a young family or a lot of commitments. Lots of incentives and team bonding. The office is close knit and an enjoyable place to work when you're busy otherwise the day can be very long. Hardest part was working a 6 days and over 60 hours with only 1 day off.
Pros
Champagne, Cash bonus, Free trips and lots of training
Cons
Long hours, lots of travelling for meetings, 6 day week
Nice place to work in, no 2 days is the same. Great vibe and working atmosphere, always busy never boring. Depending on what your role is there is always something to do
In my opinion, Foxtons is a vibrant and fast-paced place to work for. I have learnt so much in the seven years I have spent there, not to mentioned gaining some life-long friends along the way...
if you are literate, have a pretty face, and driving licence , you can find easily job there.
management is awful.. managers choose their favorite.

management is very british as well. well if you are not very british you are not very welcome.. in some cases i can say they are racist as well.
Good place to learn and start a career. Can be challenging for an experienced professional as progression seems slow. Overall it is a great place to work.
Very long working hours will drain you.
Excellent training.

Decent salary package.

Company car is a huge plus.

Very, very micro managed as an employee- everything you do is monitored, including toilet breaks with some managers.

Extreme competition in terms of progression from other who have been there around a decade.
Pros
Company car
Cons
Working hours
Great place to work initially but when the clawbacks and car fines start rolling in some workers end up owing the company more than they get paid. Training is amazing and if you have good manger you're very lucky. If not, you won't get any deals agreed and won't make any money. They don't promote by moving people to bigger banking offices - instead they ridicule you if you ask to move offices even when you've been in the company for a long time and banked them a lot of money. Other companies would move you into central London if you prove you can make money in a smaller office, but not Foxtons.
Great place to work and inspirational and approachable CEO. Well managed business and would recommend anyone to work there - great culture and great people throughout the business
Awful place to work, easy to get sucked in by the company car, phone and attractive starting salary (which only lasts 3 months before they put you on a painfully, unliveable salary and tell you to make it up with commission).
Worked 12 hour days often 6 days a week as the senior staff would decide they didn't want to go into the office on weekends and it would be left to junior negotiators to handle.
Pros
Company car and fuel card
Cons
Literally everything else
27 June 2019
Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that your experience at Foxtons wasn't more positive. We are slightly confused by your comment in relation to our commission structures - these are in place to reward our sales staff however they are entirely optional and not a requirement. In order to deliver an exceptional service to our customers, our offices are open six days a week however we operate a fair shift pattern for covering the extra day.

Best of luck in your future career!
Has been great fun and have learned a lot and it has helped me get on the property ladder.
In Londons tough market and our large fees the ability to sell stock is getting increasingly difficult.
Pros
The car, petrol, mobile phone and ability to be your own boss.
Cons
Long hours. Unreliable pay.
27 June 2019
Thanks for your review. We are pleased to hear that you reaped the rewards from your time at Foxtons and congratulations on getting onto the property ladder! As with any role in the service industry, the hours at times can be demanding however, as you have experienced, the rewards are there for the people who are prepared to put in the hard work.

Best of luck for the future!
Hard work and dedication are rewarded with competitive commission and promotion.
Company promotes from within.

Diverse workforce, in terms of age, gender, race and orientation.

"Work hard, play hard."

Constant support at every level, even within competitive sales forces.
Pros
Follow the advice you're given and you'll do well.
Cons
Sales roles aren't for everyone.
27 June 2019
Thanks for the five star review! We are so glad to hear that you are enjoying your time at Foxtons and making the most of the dynamic culture and opportunities that we offer. Keep up the great work!
I have started working with Foxtons over three years ago. I am grateful for the opportunity to work with such a great company with fantastic people and magnificent culture. I learned a lot and I keep learning every day, the training provided is probably the best in the industry and that was one of the main reasons I decided to join the team. The work is very organized and management is always leading by example.

People who claim the hours are too long probably never studied any histories of successful people. Anything worthwhile requires dedication, patience, and commitment and if you are willing to work hard you will be greatly rewarded. I am constantly getting offers from another companies but I would not want to work for any other brand. I am looking forward to achieving even more with Foxtons in years to come.
Pros
Training, management, culture, financial aspect
Cons
Only for people willing to work hard, with the mind-set of a winner
I have been working at Foxtons for over 10 years and I still enjoy going to work.

The company is built on a meritocracy and you are recognised for your own work and not reliant on others.

If you put in the work you really are well rewarded for your efforts in terms of salary/commission and recognition.

There is definitely a culture that has been built on hard work.

The company is a fun place to work and I think most people who work here would agree that the staff are one of the best things.

The training and personal development is second to none and continuous throughout your career.
Pros
Training, culture, development, company car and fuel package, paid for foreign trips abroad
Cons
You have to put in the hard graft to get the rewards but it is worth it.
I’ve been at Foxtons now for 11 years and have never looked back. Foxtons have a great office culture, support, training, IT systems, rewarding commission structure and career progression.
Pros
It’s not just a career but really makes you prepared for life.
Cons
Our consumers have very high expectations. On the rare occasion when things don’t go to plan, it’s disappointing.
Foxtons is a great place to work and I really enjoy working here. Every day is different meeting new people and going to new properties. The cultural is the company is brilliant with everyone being very approachable and I have made some great friends as well as colleagues. The training has been amazing as I didn’t have a huge amount of experience and always being kept up to date or changes in the industry.
Pros
Good salary, meeting new people, and not always being in the office
Cons
Can get very busy at certain points of the year
Really great place to work. The training is amazing from when you start and all the way through your career. The uncapped commission means you really earn what you work for. The environment is fun and energetic. There are great opportunity to win incentives such as trips as well as the continuous competitive nature between employees. Even with the competitive nature the people are supportive and fun to be around.
Pros
Fuel card, earning potential, incentives
Cons
A well run sales company where with the right levels of application and effort you can truly progress.

The hours aren’t for everyone but this can be mis-leading, often with a significantly smaller commute to be enjoyed by car rather than the underground, you rarely take work home with you and there’s a strong culture of sharing workloads between colleagues in my office.

The fuel card and company car is a huge benefit, and would equate to a significant salary boost at another company without this benefit.
Pros
Fuel card, company car, opportunity to improve.
Strong culture of micromanagement. Very poor work life balance. Some great people working there. Excellent training. Very long hours and pressure to stay beyond them. Some Team Leaders allowed to get away with murder, others very good.
Pros
Good experience, decent money for those who do well
Cons
Long hours, nasty management style
27 November 2018
Thank you for your comments. Its great to hear that you benefitted from our industry-leading training and that you enjoyed working with some great people. We take all feedback very seriously and appreciate you taking the time to review us. All best in your future career!