Fox & Sons Estate Agency

Fox & Sons Estate Agency Employee Reviews

If you are looking for a role where you can provide suggestion and input to the running of an office, do not work here.If you do not it their way and only their way, you will hate it!
Good team, very friendly bunch of people, very driven to their jobs, stressful and long hours for the salary, commission quite low for what I’m looking for
Pros
Friendly teams, commission basis
Cons
Long hours, salary wasn’t as high as expected
Poor pay, poor management, poor staff retention. Says it all!! Very target driven, targets generally unattainable, though if you do hit it, they will be raised 👍
Long hours, not competitive with the local estate agents (fees too high), management look after them selves. Typical day is morning meeting about previous day including what’s on the tv. EA are then meant to drop leaflets but don’t - usually a coffee and cake in costa for an hour. Viewings done ✅ then answer the phone. Workplace culture between EA and mortgage services not good as EA team see Mortgages as a bind that sucks up a lot of income. 1 good thing is that if you’ve made it to a years service as an EA you will usually get the managers role or a promotion. Enjoyable part of the job is you made get a nice/professionals management team that support you. Mortgage staff are expected to be a negotiator in quieter offices. Salary is not very good as EA and you don’t get pay increases at all not even to keep up with inflation so every year it’s like your getting a decrease,
I had a good time at fox and sons due to a cultivating work atmosphere and having a good work ethic. They allowed to me to be in front of clients learning how to handle all types of situations.
OK company, generic sales men - a bit slimy ans creepy. Probably would not work there again. This was a couple of years ago now though. Friends have worked there and were happy.
If you are looking for a career in estate agency look no further ... Plenty of opportunity for career progression, training is great! Fox and Sons will look to employ people for attitude and drive rather than estate agency experience. Where as most other agents will look fit expierence. Lots of potential to influence your earnings.
Pros
Career progression, potential earnings can be influenced
Cons
Long hours which is expected in estate agency
Not a good work/life balance - expected to work well over 40hrs with no overtime High pressured Expected to knock on peoples doors to get information and try and get them on the market - very intrusive
Fox and Sons was a fantastic opportunity for me to learn all about the agency industry, however after 4 years full time, i soon realized that my skills and passion for the property industry needed more, i found myself taking on a role as Branch Director for a brand new estate agents in Surrey and not before long i had there pipeline over £130,000, after many years in estate agency i am now ready to expand into the other property sectors that are our there! and really take on a challenge.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Fox & Sons Estate Agency?
Fox and Sons is part of a national corporate company with over 300 offices. Offering the opportunity of selling homes from a variety of options including New Homes and the in house Auction Department. The business is target driven and a morning meeting sets up the day. Everyday there are new people to meet from all walks of life, you need to be able to listen and build a rapport with them to be able to help them with their move. Selling and buying is not a quick process there are many aspects to it from registration, making financial appointments, liaising with solicitors and clients and administration but it is rewarding to see how you can help people into their homes.
Pros
Company car
Cons
Lots of promises made about salary and progression. No assistance with managing lead providers. Staff changed every month, so training became redundant.
Pros
Its not for life
Cons
Terrible company career suicide
Enjoyed the people I worked with. Was very long hours and the company did have a bad name. I enjoyed dealing with face to face customers and meeting different people.
Pros
Good commision
Cons
Low salary, lots of targets too many training days, low basic high commission, high staff turn over, too many meetings. sooner or later you will leave
poor structure and training with terrible salary ands monetary benefits. too reliant on a strong office in order to succeed and this is not possible within crawley.
There are opportunities for promotion within the company, however there is a tight circle of long standing staff who are always favoured over the newer members of staff, regardless of their ability.
Pros
Comany Car
Cons
Senior management structure
I found myself with little work to do and often board, and that was working part time. There were several occasions where I was working overtime but was given no work to do and no overtime pay. The benefits of the job, however, was my colleagues were polite and hardworking people.
Cons
fox and sons gave me a foot in the door to the estate agency world providing me with training from professionals. also gave me clear goals and targets and i could see my career progression. always notice people who work hard and achieve good results and support those who need help. have gained life long friends while working here and although sometimes stressful the job can be very rewarding, the bosses above know everyone on first name basis which creates a family feeling. very good company to work for.
Pros
rewards for meeting targets
Cons
long days, if you have a winning mentality.
My role was to show people round at appointments for a house viewing at the weekends. I learned about property management and how to keep up to date details on the website. My colleagues were very helpful and I was made to feel part of the team. I was also given the responsibility of opening and closing the shop.
Pros
Fun working enviroment
Cons
Not much travelling time between appointments
I started out as a Negotiator and quickly moved to Senior Negotiator within the company. A typical day as a Senior Negotiator would start off with a team meeting on what needs to be achieved for the day as an office and individually. For a few months I was a covering manager so I would carry out these meetings and set targets for each individual which I enjoyed as I love taking on responsibility! As a Senior I would carry out viewing feedback with potential buyers and give viewing feedback to vendors. Communication with vendors was one of the biggest things I focused on because it is the easiest way to be dis-instructed. I would also conduct valuations and take on new stock. I was fortunate enough to have an administrator in the office so I didn't need to carry out a lot of paperwork which was great as I could just concentrate on generating new business through calling leads; past leads; attacking other agents stock through door knocking and letters if we didn't have their number. The teams I worked with during my time were great and the majority bought into the companies ethos. I originally come from a sporting background and the competitiveness within the office I didn't feel was a negative and just pushed me on to achieve the goals set. I did feel it was sometimes hard to present new ideas to push the business on as they had a set way of doing things. The positives definitely outweighed the negatives working for a corporate agent. Along with the skills I had acquired and the exposure they can give you with the brand name can help you also win business. The - more...
Fox and Sons are brilliant employers for those just getting into the estate agency industry or those who feel they need further development as the company run a wide variety of training programs that are absolutely brilliant. However, one of the things that can be controversial is how competitive staff can be and this can result in unessisary tension within offices as staff performance is rated on league tables which can result in the customer care side of the industry being lost as you are measured on how many sales you agree rather than how many sales you have exchange and likewise are rated on how many market appraisals you book rather than how many of them come through. This can mean that some of the most profitable members of staff sit quite low on the league table and are therefore valued lower.
Pros
Wide variety of training programs
Cons
Long Hours, Very high targets
Good day in the office to me was achieving all my daily targets which would then put me on track for the month Hours are very long, Salary is very low for the amount of hours / days but as long as you hit your targets the commission will be all worth it at the end of the month!
Pros
commission is fantastic!
Cons
Long hours, Low basic salary