Four Seasons Health Care Employee Reviews

Not a fun work place
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Warmley House Care Home Bristol12 November 2018
Bout the management giving unfair dismissal, not giving chance for the employee to explain information & not looking at the original first letter given & read properly making assumptions that the first letter was a resignation..
Pros
Nice place to work for
Cons
Poor management
un posto difficile ma bello da lavorare
CATERING MANAGER/ CHEF (Current Employee) –  Lisburn7 November 2018
qui si impara molto delle diverse tipi di diete. un buon posto per imparare
great place to work
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear1 November 2018
great place to work

assisting service users with day to day living and activities.
the most enjoyable part of the job is knowing you can help people who can not help themselves
Fun working place
Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee) –  North London, Greater London30 October 2018
Really fun to work in environment. Great team. I really learned a lot from the team. Good hours with good pay. Was only a temporary job wished it could of been more permanent.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Long distance
Soul breaking
RMN (Former Employee) –  Rossendale, Lancashire30 October 2018
Management not trusting enough of nurses abilities, they rather their chaps took charge. Most staff are efficient, great senior carers medical and psychological care top notch all thanks to the nurses and care staff who are supportive, excellent meals for the residents.
Chaotic Management
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire29 October 2018
I worked for them for a very short time but quit because there was zero structure and 100% confusion. The staff and residents were lovely and it was nice to feel part of something but the management had no clue and it caused alot of problems. Aslo too many days and not enough hours and wasn't informed or agreed to the dbs check coming off my wages.
Pros
Friendly Staff
Cons
Everything is a puzzle
just no!!!
care assistant (Former Employee) –  Northern Ireland26 October 2018
This company is a disgrace! They are a buisness and dont care about their residents or staff! Only in it for making money!!! The management favoured certain staff and anyone else who didnt suck round the manager didnt get a look in! No staff morale and under paid and over worked! New paper work piled on everyday as well as new rules to follow that simply didnt work in the care setting! Asked to do tasks that even went against moving and handling! Worst place i have ever worked and i have done many care jobs the pay was just about minimum wage but that wasnt even the issue it was the work you were expected to do for that pay!! 3/4 staff doing the work that should be done by around 7/8 staff! But you are treated like dirt managers dont care if you leave they see you as replaceable however if it were not for their staff they wouldnt even have a job themselves!!! Promises not kept my managers or staff! Things offered like extra pay was never given even though you done the work for it! I would not recommend working here to anyone worst of all the residents who are the back bone of everything do not get the care they deserve! The staff try their best but there is only so much they can do! Always short staffed, you couldnt even sit down for ten seconds to ask your resident how their day is going before your given another job to do! They pay £600 or more a week to get rich tea biscuits and custard creams even though they are promised fresh cream buns etc! Never even spied a bun the whole 4+ years i was there! The activities were none existant not even so much as a dvd stuck on! Even  more... the building was dull hardly any colour or sensory items for dementia residents and that is because the manager wont spend the buget so they get their bonuses!!! Its a joke JUST DONT WASTE YOUR TIME ON A CARE COMPANY THAT DOESNT EVEN CARE!!!!!  less
Pros
the residents and good hard working care assistants and nurses!
Cons
everything else especially management.. rubbish!!!
Don't work for this company!!
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Yorkshire and Humberside16 October 2018
I worked for this company until the beginning of this year when my workplace closed. The place was understaffed to the extent that I did my first week shadowing agency staff as there was no-one else to teach me the job. Middle management were awful, they blatantly lie to you. When the place closed they deducted pay from my last wage that should'nt have been taken and to top it all off, when a new employer asked for a reference they were told that I never worked there, resulting in me losing out on a job. Absolutely disgusted! The only plus side was the wonderful residents I got to care for.
Pros
Cons
everything
Lovely residents, staff very clicky
HCA/Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Rochester, Kent13 October 2018
Worked here and loved it, residents our lovely, got on very well with the staff. Management lovely to start with but funny with me when i handed notice in. Left due to needing better hours and more money.
Pros
Lovely home
Cons
Long hours, minimum wage
Worst company ever
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh12 October 2018
Understaffed on nights
Overworked for minimum pay
A lot of little cliques amongst all staff
Staff gossip mongers
Bad managment who only interact with staff and residents at a minimum level
Too many staff who think they ate better than you
Always left to work with agency staff
Mangement who treat hard working staff members like dirt
A lot of day/night staff rivarly
Pros
Residents are lovely
Cons
Too many to list
Poor Wage and No Prospects for Advancement
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Scotland19 September 2018
I loved working for this company but after so many years as Admin, I am thinking otherwise. The salary for the job you do as Admin does not match AT ALL. There are other staff within the company that do a role with much less responsibility (activity person), who get paid the same as Admins.

We keep getting promised that our salaries will be reviewed at the next budget review, yet it never moves past the standard 1% increase while they throw money at care assistants and others.
It's insulting. The work load is huge and growing monthly with extra reports and tasks thrown at you at the whim of management. You also end up doing a lot of the home managers work, yet it's them that get the bonuses.
Pros
in at the deep end, you'll get a lot of experience for a better job
Cons
poor pay, not appreciated, huge workload, poor management
Friendly and nice place to work
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Head Office13 September 2018
Friendly and welcoming place to work for. Got canteen close by and other local shops. Everyone is so friendly that you easily get adapted and settled in.
Pros
Friendlly
Awful
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Heywood8 September 2018
Everything that is reported by staff members to management is often ignored. Some incidents got reported that were literally just brushed under the door when there should of been some sort of consequences. Most of the staff are amazing but there are a few that are just awful towards families as well as residents. I just hope one day they get their comeuppance
Pros
Lovely residents
Cons
Bad management
very good workplace
Care Assitant Shadowing (Former Employee) –  Dunmurry6 September 2018
The job included dealing with very severely ill residents and working in a very close team of people. The environment was very calm and easy to manage.
Pros
Not too fast-paced
Cons
can be upsetting
dont care about residents or staff
Manager (Former Employee) –  North East28 August 2018
Money cutting at every corner, people who dont care what happens at home level as long as there are bums on beds and think even less of staff who work there
Pros
Cons
treat like rubbish
Terrible company to work for!!!
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kelty, Fife22 August 2018
Do not apply for a job here! The staff & management were shocking. A few occasions I’ve reported bulling to management and they didn’t care also reported someone using incorrect moving and handling and still didn’t bother.
Your made to feel utter rubbish working here, not to mention someone ripping up paper work and writing out new ones which was reported but still, nothing done about that.
AVOID AVOID AVOID!!
Pros
Coming home
Cons
Going in
Ok
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Durham17 August 2018
New management were not as good as last, it was nice working environment but things change the elderly were lovely the hours were good it was hard work
Very busy workplace
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  London15 August 2018
The company is ok to work with depending on the branch you work. I had a good experience working at the canning town branch. The manager and staffs were so much friendly and easy to work with than the other branch which I worked at in Streatham. Also, if you don't like long shifts, you wont like the job. Although there are half days available on request.
Pros
Shift always available
Cons
Terribly overworked for little pay.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Saltburn-by-the-Sea, North Yorkshire12 August 2018
I worked 10 shifts in the kitchen at Four Seasons in Saltburn.

I do not recommend anyone takes a job here in the kitchens, it is slave labour in my opinion, without the help of a kitchen hand. Even If I had been paid more,I couldn't have done the job efficiently. I was running round like a blue arsed fly and not able to take my unpaid hours break a day.

Kitchen very under equipped in general, no labour saving devices available, for example a hand whisk. Faulty equipment or not working at all. I brought a food processor for them whilst I was there, in order that I could provide food for soft palate resident. No fresh vegetables or fruit to work with. No diabetic or healthy vegetarian options provided. I ended up buying these for residents, out of my own pocket.

Sorry to say you will be run ragged here for a pittance.
Pros
Some of the staff are nice and residents are mostly lovely.
Cons
None whatsoever.
Fun workplace
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Whitley Bay, Tyne and Wear11 August 2018
This is the job I want to be in but somewhere closer to home. I currently work night and am available to work either but would prefer to work days as I struggle with the shift pattern.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Four Seasons Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.