Four Seasons Health Care Employee Reviews

fun place to work poor management structure
Maintenance / Gardener / Handyman (Former Employee) –  Rossendale, Lancashire22 July 2018
Care and general staff make the home environment a friendly place to both live and work, however the management and directors are only focused on selling rooms and not engaging with its resident in any way.
Pros
being able to give a little time to chat to residents making there day less boring
Cons
very poor management values as to the needs of both resident and staff
Lovely care home fshc
Chap (Current Employee) –  Berwick-Upon-Tweed, Northumberland6 July 2018
Hillside lodge in berwick upon tweed is a care home that makes a difference to the individuals that live there
It is a pleasure to work here and I feel really supported by management and fshc
Pros
Good atmosphere
Wonderful job great employees
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cumbernauld6 July 2018
Very rewarding job, a fun laid-back workplace but does still can have its challenging moments. Best part of the job is talking and getting to know the residents.
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow24 June 2018
Good care home very helpful staff that can’t do enough for you always there to help good place to work for overall good place for everyone has a good seating area
Pros
Talking to people
Residents not a priority
Former Administrator (Former Employee) –  Midlands17 June 2018
The home I worked at did their best. The care staff were amazing with the residents. Morale very low amongst staff as too much time spent on paperwork and Quality of Life Ipad programme. This is a total farce. Four seasons want to tick boxes and not actually listen to feedback that is given on the ipads.
Staff were asked to complete these honestly but if anything negative was mentioned they were told to change it.
Whistleblowing department an absolute joke.
Pros
Amazing care staff
Horrible ... Management only looking out for themselves
Care home assistant practitioner (Former Employee) –  Blyth, Northumberland16 June 2018
Nurses look out only for themselves they do not like CHAPS doing their job unless it's the dirty jobs they don't want to do, as they say they have degrees..... It's all a con, oh they forget to tell you if the home falls below a certain level of nursing residents the CHAP role is not required so you get demoted to a carer indefinitely .
fun workplace
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bracknell, Berkshire14 June 2018
enjoyable because of the communications between the residence and the workers.
the residences are very nice to be around
very productive and good management
Pros
give etra training and courses
Cons
no management and bad payments
Enjoy working at Balmoral sheffield
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Balmoral sheffield S1311 June 2018
I am one of am one of night staff at Balmoral, Sheffield, I enjoy my job enjoy assisting the residents , with there needs and listening to there story’s . There are many good staff at Balmoral sheffield very caring and wanting the best for each individual we care for.
Yes we have problems which management deal with straight away because we all at Balmoral sheffield want the best for all that live there. We are a family.....
Pros
Very caring staff
Cons
Not any that will not be sorted by managers days and nights
Great and happy
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Belfast5 June 2018
I loved working with four seasons theyou really a great company to work with it love to helped people in dad's to day life working with this company has made me greatly appreciated life
Pros
Good breaksv
Cons
Very long hours
Health care assistant
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stockport, Greater Manchester4 June 2018
I worked here for 5 months, I was bullied and victimised by staff and also the manager of this home.
They treat you so bad it is unreal.
I would not recommend it too anybody atall they will put you down and destroy you. You get 3/4 members of staff that are nice but that’s about it.
They put you on night shifts without any notice as they just change your rota. This place is unreal!
No progression
eLearning Content Developer (Current Employee) –  Wilmslow2 June 2018
My role was engaging and inspiring; part of a hardworking team everyone is motivated. Colleagues have an excellent work ethic, always willing to go the extra mile, but are let down by no incentives across the company with little to no opportunity to progress or be promoted with increasing demands on time and skills and lacking necessary resources to complete jobs efficiently.
I have developed skills rapidly due to such demands and I value my time with the company highly for what I've learnt and experienced in such a short time.
Great to work with others
Placement Student (Former Employee) –  Glasgow31 May 2018
Four seasons is a great company as the culture of the Job is so rewarding and helping others in the best way possible is great, everyday is different and you never know what to expect which is great
work
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Limavady28 May 2018
work can be hard, but also very rewarding
The residents, I look after are unable to take care of themselves, so we offer to care for them and meet there daily needs
Worst company to work for
Senior Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norwich16 May 2018
Although some staff at four seasons are good, the management and seniors are just plain bullies, they are rude and undermine everyone they don't like, they resort to bullying tactics and get other staff on board to make people feel uneasy and unwelcome, they offer no help when asked for it and when management are told that reply well my staff don't like you so they won't talk to you, way to go foursesaons on recruiting fair management who only look out for their family who they employ
Worst job ever
Senior Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire14 May 2018
Management is rude and unapproachable. Bullying all over the place, nothing’s done about it. A lot of hours and working short staffed usually. No appreciation or acknowledgment for the staff’s hard work. Worst job ever!!! Worst management!!!
Pros
Lovely residents and families
Cons
Bullying and working short staffed regularly
Run for your life
Care Assistant for the Elderly (Former Employee) –  Haddon house Ilkeston, Derbyshire14 May 2018
The worst place I have ever worked.
Staff talk to residents either like little kids or like dirt. Carers are idle two faced back stabbers and prone to bullying.
If you complain to management they don't do anything about it.
Expected to work well over your hours.
AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE
Pros
Cons
Overworked. Bullying. Useless managent
Horrible place to work
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brechin, Angus13 May 2018
From going from the care home I was in to this one was an eye opener no care for residents horrible to them. Over worked underpaid no help for new employers I stayed for 2 weeks until I found something else would not recommend this place to anyone avoid at all costs!!
Cons
Terrible place to work. Will definitely kill you off mentally. AVOID this company
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Goole, East Riding of Yorkshire9 May 2018
Overworked and understaffed. Management is an absolute joke. They take an hours pay off you every 12 hour shift you work and half an hours pay off every 6 hour shift you work, supposedly for breaks which you never get. £105 a month they took out of my wages every month for breaks I never got. I did 48 hrs a week. Absolutely soul destroying. Wages were nearly always wrong. Manager didn’t even know half of her residents room numbers or anything about them, not interested if you didn’t suck up to her she was constantly picking fault even if you were a good carer. Sat in her office knowing staff was short. No help. Many a time I worked a 12 hr shift with only 1 carer and 1 senior for 23 residents. The residents never got their quality of care they deserve. I would never put someone I love in any of their homes. Disgusting!!!!!!!
Pros
Going home at end of shift
Cons
Every thing is a con. Bad all round
The Most Soul-Sucking Organasation You Could Ever Hate Yourself Enough To Work For
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim4 May 2018
Falling to nepotism, my career seach had come to a grinding halt.

A year later I find myself in a role that destroys me both physically and mentally, in an environment much akin to that of a prison.
My work-life balance is teetering so far to the company that I sometimes feel that I am to live and die by the organisation. Any chance I get, however few and far between is spent away from the home where I work; I find myself going for walks outside on my lunch break, as I feel that if I fail in doing so, I will fall into a catatonic and depressive state within the home.

The hours are... appocalyptic to say the least. I am contracted to 39 hours however routinely do more than is desired by any sensible human being. All this is done without my permission is an important note to add here. Shifts can vary from the deadly 12 hour to the nightmarish 4-10 shift, where, at least within our home, will be almost guaranteed to be followed by a 12 hour shift starting from 8 the following morning.

To have the priveledge to have two days off in a row often seems incomprehensible due to the rarity of the event.

The people you will be working with will be eyeing up your back with a satanic look whilst griping their knife and licking their lips vigorously, waiting, just waiting for the perfect opportunity to strike.

They aren't your co-workers. They are your enemy.

At least from their point of view. And as far as management and senior members of staff go, you will struggle to find a more unqualified and unintelligent group of people. I left school with a single a level and these
  more... are people who have degrees. Some even more than one which means in the eyes of the uninitiated, they are smarter than me. Which, if you work for this godforsaken company you will surely agree is a farce.  less
Pros
Opportunities for promotion, However if you desire to be with this company for longer than six months you aren't a human being.
Cons
Literally everything else.
Productive,High nursing care.
RGN (Current Employee) –  Northern Ireland30 April 2018
High quality of medical care needs,providing good quality of live,entertainment,daily living needs of high standards,respect privacy and dignity,provide experience staff according with their degree.
Pros
Good support andnursin trainings
Cons
Extra shifts.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Four Seasons Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.