Four Seasons Health Care Employee Reviews

Poor Wage and No Prospects for Advancement
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Scotland19 September 2018
I loved working for this company but after so many years as Admin, I am thinking otherwise. The salary for the job you do as Admin does not match AT ALL. There are other staff within the company that do a role with much less responsibility (activity person), who get paid the same as Admins.

We keep getting promised that our salaries will be reviewed at the next budget review, yet it never moves past the standard 1% increase while they throw money at care assistants and others.
It's insulting. The work load is huge and growing monthly with extra reports and tasks thrown at you at the whim of management. You also end up doing a lot of the home managers work, yet it's them that get the bonuses.
Pros
in at the deep end, you'll get a lot of experience for a better job
Cons
poor pay, not appreciated, huge workload, poor management
Awful
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Heywood8 September 2018
Everything that is reported by staff members to management is often ignored. Some incidents got reported that were literally just brushed under the door when there should of been some sort of consequences. Most of the staff are amazing but there are a few that are just awful towards families as well as residents. I just hope one day they get their comeuppance
Pros
Lovely residents
Cons
Bad management
very good workplace
Care Assitant Shadowing (Former Employee) –  Dunmurry6 September 2018
The job included dealing with very severely ill residents and working in a very close team of people. The environment was very calm and easy to manage.
Pros
Not too fast-paced
Cons
can be upsetting
dont care about residents or staff
Manager (Former Employee) –  North East28 August 2018
Money cutting at every corner, people who dont care what happens at home level as long as there are bums on beds and think even less of staff who work there
Pros
Cons
treat like rubbish
Terrible company to work for!!!
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kelty, Fife22 August 2018
Do not apply for a job here! The staff & management were shocking. A few occasions I’ve reported bulling to management and they didn’t care also reported someone using incorrect moving and handling and still didn’t bother.
Your made to feel utter rubbish working here, not to mention someone ripping up paper work and writing out new ones which was reported but still, nothing done about that.
AVOID AVOID AVOID!!
Pros
Coming home
Cons
Going in
Ok
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Durham17 August 2018
New management were not as good as last, it was nice working environment but things change the elderly were lovely the hours were good it was hard work
Very busy workplace
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  London15 August 2018
The company is ok to work with depending on the branch you work. I had a good experience working at the canning town branch. The manager and staffs were so much friendly and easy to work with than the other branch which I worked at in Streatham. Also, if you don't like long shifts, you wont like the job. Although there are half days available on request.
Pros
Shift always available
Cons
Terribly overworked for little pay.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Saltburn-by-the-Sea, North Yorkshire12 August 2018
I worked 10 shifts in the kitchen at Four Seasons in Saltburn.

I do not recommend anyone takes a job here in the kitchens, it is slave labour in my opinion, without the help of a kitchen hand. Even If I had been paid more,I couldn't have done the job efficiently. I was running round like a blue arsed fly and not able to take my unpaid hours break a day.

Kitchen very under equipped in general, no labour saving devices available, for example a hand whisk. Faulty equipment or not working at all. I brought a food processor for them whilst I was there, in order that I could provide food for soft palate resident. No fresh vegetables or fruit to work with. No diabetic or healthy vegetarian options provided. I ended up buying these for residents, out of my own pocket.

Sorry to say you will be run ragged here for a pittance.
Pros
Some of the staff are nice and residents are mostly lovely.
Cons
None whatsoever.
Fun workplace
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Whitley Bay, Tyne and Wear11 August 2018
This is the job I want to be in but somewhere closer to home. I currently work night and am available to work either but would prefer to work days as I struggle with the shift pattern.
ok untill the end
Cleaning Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham6 August 2018
well my review is that this place that does not exist any more well four seasons does but ivy house does not.
i really enjoyed my job role yes some would say really but yes i did management was always now when we had a manager that is we did have a lot of managers.i learnt a lot at this job how well to handle people in tough situations and to always work hard my favourite bit about my day was when i would clean there rooms and i could have one on one times with residents.
Pros
homelyness about the home
Cons
managmnet
Busy workplace. Not much managerial support.
Receptionist/Administrator (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh2 August 2018
Answering telephone, greeting visitors, updating information, e-mails, letters, filing, following up enquiries.

Enjoyable part is knowing you have helped residents and relatives.

Hardest part is not being given support by management.
Pros
Satisfied customers
Cons
lack of support
fun place to work poor management structure
Maintenance / Gardener / Handyman (Former Employee) –  Rossendale, Lancashire22 July 2018
Care and general staff make the home environment a friendly place to both live and work, however the management and directors are only focused on selling rooms and not engaging with its resident in any way.
Pros
being able to give a little time to chat to residents making there day less boring
Cons
very poor management values as to the needs of both resident and staff
Lovely care home fshc
Chap (Current Employee) –  Berwick-Upon-Tweed, Northumberland6 July 2018
Hillside lodge in berwick upon tweed is a care home that makes a difference to the individuals that live there
It is a pleasure to work here and I feel really supported by management and fshc
Pros
Good atmosphere
Wonderful job great employees
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cumbernauld6 July 2018
Very rewarding job, a fun laid-back workplace but does still can have its challenging moments. Best part of the job is talking and getting to know the residents.
excellent
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Blackburn, Lancashire25 June 2018
i have worked for four seasons for the last 10 years it has been a great experience. i have worked on the nursing units dementia and also for palliative care untis
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow24 June 2018
Good care home very helpful staff that can’t do enough for you always there to help good place to work for overall good place for everyone has a good seating area
Pros
Talking to people
Residents not a priority
Former Administrator (Former Employee) –  Midlands17 June 2018
The home I worked at did their best. The care staff were amazing with the residents. Morale very low amongst staff as too much time spent on paperwork and Quality of Life Ipad programme. This is a total farce. Four seasons want to tick boxes and not actually listen to feedback that is given on the ipads.
Staff were asked to complete these honestly but if anything negative was mentioned they were told to change it.
Whistleblowing department an absolute joke.
Pros
Amazing care staff
Horrible ... Management only looking out for themselves
Care home assistant practitioner (Former Employee) –  Blyth, Northumberland16 June 2018
Nurses look out only for themselves they do not like CHAPS doing their job unless it's the dirty jobs they don't want to do, as they say they have degrees..... It's all a con, oh they forget to tell you if the home falls below a certain level of nursing residents the CHAP role is not required so you get demoted to a carer indefinitely .
fun workplace
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bracknell, Berkshire14 June 2018
enjoyable because of the communications between the residence and the workers.
the residences are very nice to be around
very productive and good management
Pros
give etra training and courses
Cons
no management and bad payments
Enjoy working at Balmoral sheffield
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Balmoral sheffield S1311 June 2018
I am one of am one of night staff at Balmoral, Sheffield, I enjoy my job enjoy assisting the residents , with there needs and listening to there story’s . There are many good staff at Balmoral sheffield very caring and wanting the best for each individual we care for.
Yes we have problems which management deal with straight away because we all at Balmoral sheffield want the best for all that live there. We are a family.....
Pros
Very caring staff
Cons
Not any that will not be sorted by managers days and nights

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Four Seasons Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.