It is very challenging but fun. The downfall is you get under paid for the work and is getting much harder on carers which is not fair at all. • Providing the highest possible standards of person centred care by insuring individual’s needs is met in accordance with company policy. For example assisting with personal hygiene, bathing, dressing and toileting.
• Assisting with resident mobility, changes in position (including pressure relief) using approved, safe techniques and equipments
• Communicating clearly with residents, families, work colleagues.
• Accurately record and communicate key observations, findings and messages appropriately, whilst respecting client confidentiality e.g. weight, good and fluid intake
• Accurately taking messages over the telephone, handling calls within the unit from outside agencies, health care groups, transferring calls
• Assisting with orientation, admission and discharge of residents, handling personal property appropriately
• Ensuring to work with knowledge of all relevant policies and guidelines within the role.
Long hours and under paid