Fossil

Fossil Employee Reviews

United Kingdom60 reviews
Fun Place to work
I enjoyed my time at Fossil, the people made the job more interesting and the benefits package was excellent.
I managed a great team of sales professionals
Pros
Team, bday watch, staff sale
Cons
away from home for weeks at a time
Good and honest
The company had a great structure in place to help you achieve set goals. Great communication and honest management. Would’ve liked more store visits from management
Fun place to work!
I would definitely recommend working for Fossil Cheshire Oaks, however, it is not going to be a forever job for me!
The hours can be long but the great team is making time go faster. The team is lovely and caring.

I noticed how much staff cares for you and wants you to become the best of yourself and that's priceless!
Fun workplace, great company ethos
I worked at fossil for 3 years overall and I loved it.
great people, management are good and the company discount is good too.

If you have a good personality and you are passionate about quality fashion products then you should certainly apply. I have only good memories of working here.
Great ethos and a relaxed environment
Fossil is a great company to work for, with a great management structure that provides a relaxed, yet focused training programme as a new starter; helping you to feel relaxed and at ease whilst settling into the new role. The ethos is to welcome the guest into your home, that home being your Fossil store. Therefore with a great team that is all about bringing out the best in you, and for you to feel comfortable being yourself around others, you really do feel at home.
Bad Experience
Not too bad to work for Fossil however managers in this shop see their way and only their way. Not open to feedback and forceful with their views.
General manager of the company thinks people are disposable.

The company won't work around your life if you are more than a sales colleague.

They will however ask you to travel to stores when they need coverage for minimum salary.

Overall not a great experience.
Pros
Learning how to analyse
Cons
A lovely crew in a face paced industry
If you want a place that will give you the opportunity to expand your people skills and friendships - this is it! just don't expect to be paid handsomely for it!
Fun place of work
fun place of work with friendly staff, management always looking for ways to ensure team are happy and enthusiastic, I enjoyed my experience with fossil
Pros
50% staff discount
Fun but tough
- Management changed 4 times in the year I worked there
- Learned customer facing role and sales

- Enjoyed selling products and meeting customers/ building a rapport

- Hardest part of the job was push sales techniques from management.
Pros
50% off Products
Cons
Sales Techniques
Lovely Company however management is poor
Amazing company to work for with amazing staff. Good discounts on watches and jewellery in store and in the outlet! Management and manager absolutely unprofessional and discriminate against individuals.
Pros
Good discounts that are uncapped, amazing team, any uniform allowed, free birthday watch every year and free probation watch.
Cons
manager, management, overtime
No support from the company
My colleagues in the shop I worked in were amazing and they are still my friends. Fossil as a company itself, those who worked in head office never supported you.
Pros
Staff discounts
Cons
Fossil is not a great company to work for.
It's an alright job
I am currently working at fossils as a sales assistance my main goal is to promote and sale the products within the store to as many customers as i possibly can. my role allows me to be outgoing and confident within my job role. It also allows me to be hands on with people and communicate effectively with others.Not only this but by working with fossils I have generated for the company over £45000 which is over the expected target of £41,000.
fun
great people and place to work, busy environment. great perks watch sale every Friday. helpful managers and great progression to move up in the company
Best place to work
Really enjoyed working for the Fossil Group. Felt like family, learned so much over the years, had some amazing coaches and mentors during my time there.
Fun workplace.
Fossil is a great place to work. The environment is so upbeat and everyone gets along and works well with each other to ensure that coming into work isn't such a boring task.
Pros
Good staff discount.
Cons
Working boxing day.
Never again
A company that accepts racism despite taking it to head office.
After probation period excuses to get the free watch as a gift. Never got it in the end despite being entitled.

Poor communication.

A company that would not recognise the efforts you put in.
Pros
flexiable times
Cons
most things
Fun Workplace with Good Advancement
Fossil is a lovely place to work. I have met so many new people that very quickly become close friends. During the summer its fairly quiet but come winter, we get very busy very quickly! A very good location for the store and a decent team. We pride ourselves on the happiest team in Gunwharf.
Productive work place
Great experience to work with different products from Watches to leather goods, there is an assortment of products. Many skills and knowledge acquired from this workplace regarding your customer service skills.
Fun place to work awful pay
Fossil is a family style team where everyone is happy to help each other out, a great and enjoyable place to work however the pay is minimum wage and the bonus scheme is pathetic
Pros
Staff and discounts
Cons
Poor pay
great
- great to work for such a company as they take care of their employees
- good staff discount

- flexible hours

- learnt to tailor my approach to each individual customer
Productive and fun workplace
very good workplace. Good management team. good sales team and good products . enjoyed my time there and they push you to do the best you can and you can progress.