FORGET ME NOT Employee Reviews

I love art and this was a perfect place to flourish!
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Newport, Isle of Wight1 August 2018
I worked here for two years from 2010 until 2012, it was one of the most interesting jobs that I have ever done.

I only left because I moved to London, but this was a very happy time for me and the Manager is really kind. I now exhibit in a couple of galleries and I owe a lot to the support of Forget Me Not.
Pros
Nice Manager, All of the art around me was inspiring, paid lunch break.
Cons
Only three days work per week as I came in as part-time and would have liked to do 5/6.
Amazing
Leaflet Distributor (Former Employee) –  Fareham5 January 2018
Great way to earn money in spare time with a week to deliver at tour own pace. Only downfall was that being paid took a month after you completed the round
Pros
Plently time
Cons
Payment took a long time
excellent cause great company
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Huddersfield1 October 2016
Charity organisation great cause and enjoyable company to work for. Great. Experience. Learnt a lot about working with customers and retail
People centred care company
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hadleigh21 September 2016
On a typical day, the work would start at 6.30 am. Helping the care users get up and wash, prepare breakfast and tidy/clean living area.
This followed by the lunch time run where we would prepare lunch, wash dishes and do any laundry, teatime run followed by the evening bed run. I enjoyed all aspects of this and worked with some lovely care users in a solo capacity. We also did palliative care with another care assistant. All my co-workers were fun to work with and also diligent with their care.
The hardest part of the job was not having enough time to spend with each care user, as some of them were very lonely and wanted to chat.
Pros
Good working relationship with owner
Cons
travelling
good workplace
card shop (Former Employee) –  Bexhill, ENG28 November 2014
Forget me not is a good workplace and the security is excellent
A great place to work
Owner (Former Employee) –  Tynemuth18 September 2012
I started work at 10am, working for your self you have to be very focussed and self motivated. I used the till and credit card machine on a daily basis, always cashing up at the end of the day.

I met with representatives from various companies which I enjoyed and ordered the various cards and gifts. I also kept a stock check and ordered when needed.

I managed two members of staff which I found to be very rewarding.

The hardest part of the job was knowing what was going to sell the best and how much to price an item, as too much, people would not buy, too little and you were not earning enough.

The most enjoyable part was meeting customers who many became regulars, they became like friends.

I always closed at 5pm and never took a break. The whole experience was very rewarding.
Pros
working for yourself
Cons
if you closed, you were not earning a wage, unless you could bring someone in which was not always possible