Footsteps Day Nurseries Ltd

Footsteps Day Nurseries Ltd Employee Reviews

Long hours to work, but the day goes quick in the room with loads of exciting activities and good team work with the staff Forest school is always good fun as well! Management are caring and understanding, they’re a good agony aunt On site training as well is very useful and don’t have to pay The Christmas party is always the best getting bigger and better each yeah!
Pros
Good pay, always room for progression
Cons
Long hours of work
I was off poorly and handed a sick note in 1. I didn’t get paid for the time I was off, 2. When I told my manger I was off she replies with ‘what’s wrong with you now’ is a snotty tone and 3. Sometimes I didn’t feel comfortable in the work place. We were also told by deputy management we weren’t allowed to ‘Make Friends’ in the work place.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Pay, hours, rude management
If you like working long hours, and giving up your weekends constantly for trips, open days, and training, This will interfere with your life outside work. The staff are great and work really hard in providing great care and activities for the children. However they are put under a lot of pressure from higher management to complete tasks but are not always given the time to do these.
Pros
Christmas party, Family Fun Day, In House Training
Cons
Long Hours, Low Wage, Everyone is treated differently, No work/Life balance, Staff Turn Over
The company look after there staff. I have worked within the company for a long time and the bonus and incentives are fab. They do in house trainning and always look at enhancing your development . Highly recommended
Pros
Fundays, free christmas party and awards evening, and free day off for your birthday
Footsteps is a fantastic company to work for, it's company really cares for all staff and thrives to ensure that all staff are happy and content when working. They are flexible when catering to different staff members needs such as staff returning after maternity leave. It's childcare is absolutely fantastic, the whole team and company care so much about the child care delivered and ensure that the learning is also at a high standard by hosting many different training which are all held in the week and delivered by the area managers, which I feel enables staff to build a good relationship with their area managers and the other employees in the company! Since working here I have been made to feel a part of a team which respects all the staff and been offered numerous opportunities for me to progress my career.
Pros
Christmas party, Family Fun Day, Sick bonus and Birthday off!
I have worked at Footsteps as an administrator for a year now and I love my job. I have worked at a few of the different settings and they are all lovely. Training is excellent, managers are really lovely, supportive and approachable. My role is really varied and no two days are the same which I really love As Footsteps have 10 branches we get a lot of support from other staff and we all come together when needed. Footsteps is a great company to work for and you really do feel appreciated.
Pros
staff welfare and events
Footsteps is a great company to work for, there are regular staff incentives, regular staff welfare funds and staff days out. The management offer flexible working and hours can be long days with a day off each week or 5 short days. There is lots of room for progression and the training is excellent. The company offer free uniform and reward employees with a sickness incentive, staff are always happy to come to work, and enjoy providing outstanding activities to be children. Of all the Nurseries in the local area, footsteps gives so much more to our children, parents and staff. Good rates of pay, a lovely environment with fantastic outdoor areas.
Pros
Good work/home life balance, good rates of pay, excellent training and opportunities to progress
I love everything about my job - the company is so supportive and are always working to support their employees in progression within the company. Management are very supportive, always encouraging the staff to be the best that they can be. Working for Footsteps has many benefits - we even get money each month just to reward/treat the staff. We sometimes use this to go out for dinner or order in a pizza on a Friday. Each year, we get our birthday off as en extra days holiday and all staff get a bonus just for not ringing in sick! What other company would pay their staff just for turning up to their job? Higher management are always listening to their employees about how they feel about their working life and are always willing to change things/implement any ideas that the staff have in order to improve this. Most of all, I love how professional Footsteps is - everything is done correctly with the interest of the children truly at the heart of everything they do! Having worked at other nurseries - I am aware that this is something that does not always happen everywhere! I love my job!
Pros
Family fun day (free food and drink!), Christmas Party, Staff welfare fund, Birthday off!
I have worked at footsteps for 2 years, I have progressed from support worker to a room senior with the help and support from the lovely staff that work here. I have enjoyed working within the different age groups and have gained lots of experience whilst being here. The team I work with on a daily basis are brilliant and make my time here at footsteps worth while.
Pros
Staff welfare, christmas party, working with children
Cons
Footsteps is a strong company with many opportunities for progression. I have worked for the company for a year and have has sufficient training in my time here. The girls I work with are friendly and professional and there are many benefit's for working for footsteps such as Christmas party and family fun days!!
Pros
Staff welfare
Cons
Since starting with footsteps in 2015 as a nursery nurse, I have been given multiple opportunities to grow and develop within my role. Now as a deputy I am learning more skills and helping others to do the same. Footsteps are a great company to work for unlike other larger companies are always there to help. I always feel supported in my role due to my area managers and manager who are understanding and inspire me to do my job and passionate about being one step ahead in childcare.
Pros
Clubs such as French lessions, forest school, cookery club, training in house, uniform, beautiful nurseries, staff welfare fund, family fundays, Christmas party, list goes on...
Cons
Long hours some times, hard work- however this is overrided by the love for the job and have rewarding it is!
The best part about the job was the other girls and the children. Management play everything like a dictatorship and everything is about money! Old apprentice out...new apprentice in!! They promise a job at the end of the apprenticeship and then hand you your notice! All in the aid of cheap labour!
Pros
Forest School with Jess
Cons
Low pay
The company is a brilliant company to work for and have lots of incentives. They do in house training and are always interested in updating and supporting you to further your career.