Footasylum Employee Reviews

Cool a bit tiring after a while
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lakeside29 April 2018
Working at Footasylum was my first real job and it was fun, but sometimes it would get really crowded and everyone would get frustrated and start yelling at each other. My hours were fine I mainly had 4 and 4.5 hours but there were sometimes when I would have 8 hours. But one thing about the hours I would change is whenever I was doing shutdown we always closed late which made it longer for us to leave and as I am under 18 I shouldn't be staying until 11 as I get home at 11;30 sometimes even 12.
Pros
long breaks
fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Trafford Centre, Greater Manchester16 April 2018
We are surrounded by genuine and caring people. The moto of “great employees only” not only acts as a core value, but truly encompasses our expectations of each other. As a team, we use each other to talk through situations, to stay sane after a rough day, and to push each other to go past our comfort zones. Sure, there are perks like cooking in the kitchen on your birthday month, carpooling and lunch programs, manufacturer trainings, but we also have book clubs, coaching, mentoring, and mindfulness training. It’s not about the perks it’s about the people. Because of the fast paced environment there can be some tougher days, but I do believe that comes along with any career path.
Pros
hallenging and therefore rewarding, President knows everyone's name (who else can say that?)
Cons
Learning to not take things personally
Good working environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Trafford10 April 2018
I was doing work experience so therefore I was learning about every department and not just one. The work was not hard and the work environment was good. Management was very friendly
Pros
work experience could lead to you getting a job
Cons
not an ideal location
Productive and fun work place
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds9 April 2018
On a typical work day I would served many people wanting information on shoes and where to find things I’m the shop I wasn’t mainly working in the shoe section of the shop getting people shoes to try on the social aspect of the job was good as it was quiet a social environment and there was a lot of frinedly collegues the hardest part of the job was moving large clothing racks usually used for sales but we would have to carry them up 2 floors of stairs because they didn’t fit in the lift
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Not a lot to do
great staff, horrible management
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  White City, Greater London7 April 2018
-requires you to work under pressure.
-learned how a business worked day-to-day
-management constantly changing, managers not dealing with the running of the business as well as managing staff (communication was very poor)
-workplace culture was good, staff that worked alongside me were great to work with, great teamwork ethic.
- hardest part dealing with managers that haven't passed down important information to staff
Pros
20% discount
Cons
management and communication
Easy job with good benefits
WAREHOUSE OPERATIVE (Former Employee) –  Heywood, Greater Manchester3 April 2018
Had to work within a reasonable KPI when picking and packing items such as clothes and shoes to be distributed to FootAsylum stores across the country.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London24 March 2018
FOOTASYLUM confirmed to be a fantastic and productive place to work in. It has allowed me to develop my customer service skills and has allowed me to demonstrate the use of my own initiative.
Productive and fun workplace
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham23 March 2018
tasks included cash handling, deliveries, stock room duties, merchandising, back of house duties( cleaning), participating in stock takes, dealing with customer complaints.
Footasylum
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Aveley14 March 2018
Sometimes it was busy, sometimes there was no one in the shop, my managers and co-workers were nice. however the staff room was very small and it was really cramped in the back, but overall the experience was good.
Shocking
sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds10 March 2018
Everything about this job is a no go. Very poor wage despite being expected to do 3 people’s jobs at once whilst managers sit around and not pulling their weight as you would expect managers to do.

Long shifts with no consideration for other commitments such as university or family. Very little room for advancement within the company too.
Pros
paid for half an hour break
Cons
everything
productive and fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire27 February 2018
A normal day of work consists of putting out delivery from the stockroom and maintaining the standards of the shop floor throughout the day. The footwear team should expect to have to replace display shoes often due to the fast sales of shoe brands such as Nike and Adidas.
Pros
Friendly work place
Boring workplace
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reading16 February 2018
Always boring with nothing to do other than stand around and wait for a customer to need help. It was a positive place to work at but the hours given were not worth it.
Cons
Hardly any hours
Productive fun to work
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands16 February 2018
Working in footasylum allowed me to be able to communicate with different kinds of people which helped build my confidence in talking to customers. Also the staff was always kind and made sure you knew what you was doing which helped a lot and I was able to be indipendent. Working in footasylum taught me that you have to be reliable because if there was ever a member of staff not in it’s always good to take place.
not very good
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester15 February 2018
poor supervisors. no opportunities to advance in the role. Treated like children and no bonuses. Get taken advantage of by staff members and management.
Pros
Cons
everything
good
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stratford, Greater London10 February 2018
it was a good job on a whole as they allowed you to be flexible, even when still being in education. the staff are great everyone is friendly and helpful.
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Heywood, Greater Manchester7 January 2018
Great place to work people were amazing always helped each other out Wen it was quite would get to go home early unfortunately had to leave as of health reasons other wise I would of stayed
fun and relaxed
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bromley7 January 2018
my experience, management was very relaxed. the over all vibe is laid back. however it can get very busy during peak times like Christmas, this can cause the whole team to be stressed but it turns out okay in the end. it is a good first job.
Pros
relaxed
Cons
can get busy
Great place to work very enjoyable, however the pay is awful
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester2 January 2018
If your u18 ( as most staff are because it's cheaper for company) don't expect anything more than the minimum. Most part time staff are on 8hour contracts and you will receive 8hours per week mostly 6-10 twice a week depending on availability. The pay for u18's is 4.95 which for the volume of work you put in on a busy shift does not represent your effort. Most of the staff are great and will be good friends with a few even when I am no longer there . You do gain a lot of useful retail skills which is great if you are young and it is your first job.
Pros
Friendly staff. Good for first jobs
Cons
Awful pay, low hours
Very proffesional
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands26 December 2017
This was the most busiest place i have every worked.
Everything had to be set out in a specific way, such as sleeves on t shirts, hoods on coats and jackets. And it was a very hands on job as you would be going over the same sections.

There was also a spot just by the door where you would have to stand for 4 hours doing hardly nothing. Someone would have to do this so for when the alarm went of someone would be there to call them back in quicker then someone down the other side of the shop.
Pros
long breaks
Cons
boring
A regrettable experience
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Hanley21 November 2017
This may only apply to the store I worked in but
it only employed peole from 16-18 as they're cheaper and then expected them to work and behave like adults, didn't manage them and often complained about their age.
Lack of staff training
0% chance of progression if you are educated becase there is 'no chance you will stay'
A sneaker store that doesnt follow sneaker fashion
The usual - Smokers get breaks as often as they want alongside their actual breaks
Management often just sit behind computers complaining about staff
Never prepared for Area management or higher up visits
Rota's often put up day before the beginning of the next week.
Hard work isnt rewarded either in store or as a whole company. Only reason hours became flexible was due too having been with the company so long.
Pros
Brilliant for students who want their first job
Cons
Too many to count, hopefully only within this store.