Footasylum Employee Reviews

Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth14 October 2018
Footasylum Portsmouth is an extremely fun and entertaining workplace to be included in. It is somewhat organised and can be something to look forward to be going everyday.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Not very professional
Awful
Sales assistant (Current Employee) –  Leeds5 October 2018
I have worked here for a year now and the situation just has not improved. The management just work for themselves and expect certain staff members, including myself, to do jobs that they themselves should be doing just so they don’t have to do it themselves and then when the job gets done they will take credit for it.

False hope is given in terms of advancement, you are told that there are plenty of opportunities however when there is one available they would rather hire from outside rather than offer the role to someone who works hard every day and that they know is reliable. You are noticed only for your flaws and not for the good things you do and there is no consideration for staffs lives outside of work.

The rota goes up sometimes a day before the new week starts, leaving no time to plan around your work hours and when the rota is done most of the time they do not take Ito account peoples availability. Holiday requests do not get looked at even if they have been submitted months before meaning that staff often have to sort there own shifts out.
Terrible place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Newport26 September 2018
Avoid this place at all costs. High turnover of staff, terrible pay and extreme high expectations. Bullying culture. Expected to work 6 days a week 50+ hours with no gratitude.
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Redditch21 September 2018
Enjoyable place to work as I was trusted to get on with a variety of tasks form visual merchandising to sale prep. Relaxed atmosphere, but still high expectations to provide the best customer service
SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester19 September 2018
Footasylum is a very good place to work at if you like being on your feet all day and keeping busy. The staff there are brilliant and are always willing to lend a helping hand.
Pros
Discounts
Was a fun job
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sheffield12 September 2018
FootAsylum was a change to my previous two jobs in fast food. I decided I wanted a change and thought retail might have been a good idea. I thoroughly enjoyed working at FootAsylum as it was more of a laid back job in terms of the people I worked with and the customers. I met some great people while I was there and the change in environment was certainly needed.
Pros
Discounted Clothing
Cons
Late finishes
Fun environment to work in
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kingston upon Thames9 September 2018
working there was very hard but it was great work with people that was on the same page as yo and the management was so understanding. The company got people to work as team instead of individuals.
good place to learn new skills
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  gateshead6 September 2018
I haven't been with them long but they expect a lot from you, they want supervisors to do the managers jobs for them. I have learnt new skills that other companies have employees in place to do the required jobs. however with the brands and style the shop goes for is up and coming and they have good taste in music.
Pros
relaxed environment, discounts
Cons
long hours, unreasonable expectations
Good
Sales assistant, work (Current Employee) –  Solihull18 August 2018
I enjoy working for the company because of how good the staff are to each other we are like a unit, I was initially nervous in starting out at a new role but settled very well and the management have been incredibly supportive with me.
Cons
No cons
Awful
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds4 August 2018
The worst company I have worked for by far. Long hours no benefits and bad management. There is more organisation from the staff in the Leeds store. The company as whole has no morals no loyalties and they managers and above are only out to help them selves and not look after there staff the ones that actually put the work in to get them there bonuses. Would defiantly stay away from this place.
Pros
Cons
Corrupt
Fun at times
christmas temp (Former Employee) –  Romford, Greater London28 July 2018
During my time at footaylum I was able to learn new skills which I can take on with me in the future and apply when needed. This was my first job so at the start i was very nervous but by time I was leaving this was a job that I felt confident with
wow
Packer (Former Employee) –  Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk23 July 2018
ove it was fab great time and great people would work there again any time. team was great and so was working with the company and good pay and sgood hours
Negative Area Manager never any rewards
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Midlands10 July 2018
Was a Store manager with this Company for 4 Months. Had 5 days Training and then chucked in to a store!
Had no support and help at all. Area manager was arrogant and rude. First ever visit from him involved him kicking stock around the shop floor whilst customers were in shopping!!!
No weekends off unless booked as holiday although he will agree for his favourites to have weekends off.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Senior management
Always understaffed
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Horwich, Greater Manchester2 July 2018
Working at footasylum starts off as an alright job, but goes seriously downhill. The Middlebrook store is constantly understaffed and management within the store are far too lazy. Head office are useless, and cant even help to provide cover fro roles when needed and wont give the store the budget to hire more staff.
Horrible management and environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow28 June 2018
The management could just make you feel lower than low and made it seem like they thought they were better than you. The job was very boring and unprofessional. They were extremely unfair and weren’t very good at hiding it when they were picking on a certain person.
Friendly Staff and relaxed environment.
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire8 May 2018
My time spent working here over the summer of 2017 was fun and relaxed. There were busy periods but the strength of the team made it all the more bearable. I got to meet a variety of different people who entered the store and was an all round enjoyable place to work.
Pros
uniform, staff, organisation.
Cons
music.
Cool a bit tiring after a while
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lakeside29 April 2018
Working at Footasylum was my first real job and it was fun, but sometimes it would get really crowded and everyone would get frustrated and start yelling at each other. My hours were fine I mainly had 4 and 4.5 hours but there were sometimes when I would have 8 hours. But one thing about the hours I would change is whenever I was doing shutdown we always closed late which made it longer for us to leave and as I am under 18 I shouldn't be staying until 11 as I get home at 11;30 sometimes even 12.
Pros
long breaks
fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Trafford Centre, Greater Manchester16 April 2018
We are surrounded by genuine and caring people. The moto of “great employees only” not only acts as a core value, but truly encompasses our expectations of each other. As a team, we use each other to talk through situations, to stay sane after a rough day, and to push each other to go past our comfort zones. Sure, there are perks like cooking in the kitchen on your birthday month, carpooling and lunch programs, manufacturer trainings, but we also have book clubs, coaching, mentoring, and mindfulness training. It’s not about the perks it’s about the people. Because of the fast paced environment there can be some tougher days, but I do believe that comes along with any career path.
Pros
hallenging and therefore rewarding, President knows everyone's name (who else can say that?)
Cons
Learning to not take things personally
Good working environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Trafford10 April 2018
I was doing work experience so therefore I was learning about every department and not just one. The work was not hard and the work environment was good. Management was very friendly
Pros
work experience could lead to you getting a job
Cons
not an ideal location
Productive and fun work place
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds9 April 2018
On a typical work day I would served many people wanting information on shoes and where to find things I’m the shop I wasn’t mainly working in the shoe section of the shop getting people shoes to try on the social aspect of the job was good as it was quiet a social environment and there was a lot of frinedly collegues the hardest part of the job was moving large clothing racks usually used for sales but we would have to carry them up 2 floors of stairs because they didn’t fit in the lift
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Not a lot to do