Footasylum Employee Reviews

Good
Sales assistant, work (Current Employee) –  Solihull18 August 2018
I enjoy working for the company because of how good the staff are to each other we are like a unit, I was initially nervous in starting out at a new role but settled very well and the management have been incredibly supportive with me.
Cons
No cons
Awful
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds4 August 2018
The worst company I have worked for by far. Long hours no benefits and bad management. There is more organisation from the staff in the Leeds store. The company as whole has no morals no loyalties and they managers and above are only out to help them selves and not look after there staff the ones that actually put the work in to get them there bonuses. Would defiantly stay away from this place.
Pros
Cons
Corrupt
wow
Packer (Former Employee) –  Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk23 July 2018
ove it was fab great time and great people would work there again any time. team was great and so was working with the company and good pay and sgood hours
Negative Area Manager never any rewards
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Midlands10 July 2018
Was a Store manager with this Company for 4 Months. Had 5 days Training and then chucked in to a store!
Had no support and help at all. Area manager was arrogant and rude. First ever visit from him involved him kicking stock around the shop floor whilst customers were in shopping!!!
No weekends off unless booked as holiday although he will agree for his favourites to have weekends off.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Senior management
Always understaffed
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Horwich, Greater Manchester2 July 2018
Working at footasylum starts off as an alright job, but goes seriously downhill. The Middlebrook store is constantly understaffed and management within the store are far too lazy. Head office are useless, and cant even help to provide cover fro roles when needed and wont give the store the budget to hire more staff.
Horrible management and environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow28 June 2018
The management could just make you feel lower than low and made it seem like they thought they were better than you. The job was very boring and unprofessional. They were extremely unfair and weren’t very good at hiding it when they were picking on a certain person.
Friendly Staff and relaxed environment.
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire8 May 2018
My time spent working here over the summer of 2017 was fun and relaxed. There were busy periods but the strength of the team made it all the more bearable. I got to meet a variety of different people who entered the store and was an all round enjoyable place to work.
Pros
uniform, staff, organisation.
Cons
music.
Cool a bit tiring after a while
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lakeside29 April 2018
Working at Footasylum was my first real job and it was fun, but sometimes it would get really crowded and everyone would get frustrated and start yelling at each other. My hours were fine I mainly had 4 and 4.5 hours but there were sometimes when I would have 8 hours. But one thing about the hours I would change is whenever I was doing shutdown we always closed late which made it longer for us to leave and as I am under 18 I shouldn't be staying until 11 as I get home at 11;30 sometimes even 12.
Pros
long breaks
fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Trafford Centre, Greater Manchester16 April 2018
We are surrounded by genuine and caring people. The moto of “great employees only” not only acts as a core value, but truly encompasses our expectations of each other. As a team, we use each other to talk through situations, to stay sane after a rough day, and to push each other to go past our comfort zones. Sure, there are perks like cooking in the kitchen on your birthday month, carpooling and lunch programs, manufacturer trainings, but we also have book clubs, coaching, mentoring, and mindfulness training. It’s not about the perks it’s about the people. Because of the fast paced environment there can be some tougher days, but I do believe that comes along with any career path.
Pros
hallenging and therefore rewarding, President knows everyone's name (who else can say that?)
Cons
Learning to not take things personally
Good working environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Trafford10 April 2018
I was doing work experience so therefore I was learning about every department and not just one. The work was not hard and the work environment was good. Management was very friendly
Pros
work experience could lead to you getting a job
Cons
not an ideal location
Productive and fun work place
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds9 April 2018
On a typical work day I would served many people wanting information on shoes and where to find things I’m the shop I wasn’t mainly working in the shoe section of the shop getting people shoes to try on the social aspect of the job was good as it was quiet a social environment and there was a lot of frinedly collegues the hardest part of the job was moving large clothing racks usually used for sales but we would have to carry them up 2 floors of stairs because they didn’t fit in the lift
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Not a lot to do
great staff, horrible management
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  White City, Greater London7 April 2018
-requires you to work under pressure.
-learned how a business worked day-to-day
-management constantly changing, managers not dealing with the running of the business as well as managing staff (communication was very poor)
-workplace culture was good, staff that worked alongside me were great to work with, great teamwork ethic.
- hardest part dealing with managers that haven't passed down important information to staff
Pros
20% discount
Cons
management and communication
Easy job with good benefits
WAREHOUSE OPERATIVE (Former Employee) –  Heywood, Greater Manchester3 April 2018
Had to work within a reasonable KPI when picking and packing items such as clothes and shoes to be distributed to FootAsylum stores across the country.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London24 March 2018
FOOTASYLUM confirmed to be a fantastic and productive place to work in. It has allowed me to develop my customer service skills and has allowed me to demonstrate the use of my own initiative.
Productive and fun workplace
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham23 March 2018
tasks included cash handling, deliveries, stock room duties, merchandising, back of house duties( cleaning), participating in stock takes, dealing with customer complaints.
Footasylum
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Aveley14 March 2018
Sometimes it was busy, sometimes there was no one in the shop, my managers and co-workers were nice. however the staff room was very small and it was really cramped in the back, but overall the experience was good.
Shocking
sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds10 March 2018
Everything about this job is a no go. Very poor wage despite being expected to do 3 people’s jobs at once whilst managers sit around and not pulling their weight as you would expect managers to do.

Long shifts with no consideration for other commitments such as university or family. Very little room for advancement within the company too.
Pros
paid for half an hour break
Cons
everything
productive and fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire27 February 2018
A normal day of work consists of putting out delivery from the stockroom and maintaining the standards of the shop floor throughout the day. The footwear team should expect to have to replace display shoes often due to the fast sales of shoe brands such as Nike and Adidas.
Pros
Friendly work place
Boring workplace
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reading16 February 2018
Always boring with nothing to do other than stand around and wait for a customer to need help. It was a positive place to work at but the hours given were not worth it.
Cons
Hardly any hours
Productive fun to work
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands16 February 2018
Working in footasylum allowed me to be able to communicate with different kinds of people which helped build my confidence in talking to customers. Also the staff was always kind and made sure you knew what you was doing which helped a lot and I was able to be indipendent. Working in footasylum taught me that you have to be reliable because if there was ever a member of staff not in it’s always good to take place.