Footasylum Employee Reviews

An entertaining but unproductive workplace with poor staff treatment.
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Leeds25 November 2018
the managers delegate and overwork anybody who shows and ability in any area of retail expecting you to perform there jobs and wrongfully allocating people to different departments, i had no training and was asked to run 3 different stockrooms simultainiously for three different departments of the shop {womens, juniors and mens}. the pay was minimum wage and i was given over 30 hours a week even though i was a part time assistant with an 8 hour contract. certain memebers of management were vindictive and had bullying natures making personal and unprofessional comments or requests from staff.
Pros
staff discount
Cons
full time hours on 8 hr contracts.
Awful
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bolton, Greater Manchester13 November 2018
I have been a staff assistant for 2 years, absolutely 0 opportunities to build up, hardwork is ignored, always understaffed, management is poor and has 0 consideration for staff assistants lives. I am a university student oon an 8 hour contact working up to 32 hours a week which I have no choice for. Management view shifts above all, 0 consideration surrounding a persons actual availability is made. Errors in rotas are placed in the hands of staff and not management. Ive often worked over 10 hours with no break as I am responsible for tasks being carried out in the store.
Would not advice for people to work here.
The absolute only pro to this workplace is the friends and relationships built between staff members
successful and productive workplace.
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire1 November 2018
Footasylum provides an interactive approach from the staff member and the customers. a typical day started at 7am with the re-lacing of the shoes, 'cashing up', cleaning the mirrors and the shop floor and lastly the morning meetings. these of which provided a common ground for all staff members working that day on what is going down In the day. it allows us to bring arise questions if needed and to discuss any additional information. management would appear [if they weren't working the full day] from 7am to 12pm, this enabled them to get the shop up and running and leave with a good incentive.
Pros
staff discount of 20%
Cons
small environment.
Hardworking place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lakeside Shopping Centre, Essex11 October 2018
My role as a sales assistant was to manage till dealing with money , refunds & exchanges serving customers, awnsering the phone, making conversation & ensuring customers are happy with the outcome also keeping apparel tidy which ment standards had to be immaculate and on top of for when we had visits also interacting with customers which means explaining store policy ( 14 days for refund 28 days for exchange) also asking customers if they need any help finding anything or if there after anything specific
Pros
Hour lunch
Was a fun job
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sheffield12 September 2018
FootAsylum was a change to my previous two jobs in fast food. I decided I wanted a change and thought retail might have been a good idea. I thoroughly enjoyed working at FootAsylum as it was more of a laid back job in terms of the people I worked with and the customers. I met some great people while I was there and the change in environment was certainly needed.
Pros
Discounted Clothing
Cons
Late finishes
Working for Footasylum
Sales assist (Former Employee) –  Braehead, Glasgow26 November 2018
I worked at Footasylum part-time over the festive period last year. the company as a whole are extremely friendly, good pay, easy hours and is an extremyl goo job to apply to gain knowledge in sales
Pros
good team work, good store management
Cons
last minute shift changes, lack if staff benefits, low contracted hours
good place to learn new skills
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  gateshead6 September 2018
I haven't been with them long but they expect a lot from you, they want supervisors to do the managers jobs for them. I have learnt new skills that other companies have employees in place to do the required jobs. however with the brands and style the shop goes for is up and coming and they have good taste in music.
Pros
relaxed environment, discounts
Cons
long hours, unreasonable expectations
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds4 August 2018
The worst company I have worked for by far. Long hours no benefits and bad management. There is more organisation from the staff in the Leeds store. The company as whole has no morals no loyalties and they managers and above are only out to help them selves and not look after there staff the ones that actually put the work in to get them there bonuses. Would defiantly stay away from this place.
Pros
Cons
Corrupt
Negative Area Manager never any rewards
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Midlands10 July 2018
Was a Store manager with this Company for 4 Months. Had 5 days Training and then chucked in to a store!
Had no support and help at all. Area manager was arrogant and rude. First ever visit from him involved him kicking stock around the shop floor whilst customers were in shopping!!!
No weekends off unless booked as holiday although he will agree for his favourites to have weekends off.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Senior management
Easy but staff wasn’t understanding
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire8 December 2018
I had an eye screening appointment that I booked the day off for a week in advance but my boss still expected me to come in even though I couldn’t see
Pros
It was a simple job
Cons
not much break even on 12 hour shifts
nice place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Romford, Greater London13 November 2018
enjoyed working there. good staff & management. very enjoyable but not good training experience as taught different things by different staff members.

supervisors can be picky and make personal choices.
Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth14 October 2018
Footasylum Portsmouth is an extremely fun and entertaining workplace to be included in. It is somewhat organised and can be something to look forward to be going everyday.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Not very professional
Always understaffed
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Horwich, Greater Manchester2 July 2018
Working at footasylum starts off as an alright job, but goes seriously downhill. The Middlebrook store is constantly understaffed and management within the store are far too lazy. Head office are useless, and cant even help to provide cover fro roles when needed and wont give the store the budget to hire more staff.
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Redditch21 September 2018
Enjoyable place to work as I was trusted to get on with a variety of tasks form visual merchandising to sale prep. Relaxed atmosphere, but still high expectations to provide the best customer service
Sales assistant (Current Employee) –  Leeds5 October 2018
I have worked here for a year now and the situation just has not improved. The management just work for themselves and expect certain staff members, including myself, to do jobs that they themselves should be doing just so they don’t have to do it themselves and then when the job gets done they will take credit for it.

False hope is given in terms of advancement, you are told that there are plenty of opportunities however when there is one available they would rather hire from outside rather than offer the role to someone who works hard every day and that they know is reliable. You are noticed only for your flaws and not for the good things you do and there is no consideration for staffs lives outside of work.

The rota goes up sometimes a day before the new week starts, leaving no time to plan around your work hours and when the rota is done most of the time they do not take Ito account peoples availability. Holiday requests do not get looked at even if they have been submitted months before meaning that staff often have to sort there own shifts out.
Could be better
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Dudley, West Midlands18 November 2018
Footasylum is a decent place to work when your young. You work around with all the latest clothes but the negative side is that the pay is rubbish and sometimes the security lacks.
fun
Temporary sales assistant (Former Employee) –  London26 November 2018
it was a good experience
everyone was young and friendly

the management werent very good if im honest could have done with a bit more discipline because they were too laid back
Good
Sales assistant, work (Current Employee) –  Solihull18 August 2018
I enjoy working for the company because of how good the staff are to each other we are like a unit, I was initially nervous in starting out at a new role but settled very well and the management have been incredibly supportive with me.
Cons
No cons
Terrible place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Newport26 September 2018
Avoid this place at all costs. High turnover of staff, terrible pay and extreme high expectations. Bullying culture. Expected to work 6 days a week 50+ hours with no gratitude.
Cons
Fun environment to work in
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kingston upon Thames9 September 2018
working there was very hard but it was great work with people that was on the same page as yo and the management was so understanding. The company got people to work as team instead of individuals.