Foot Locker Employee Reviews

fun workplace
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands4 April 2018
i have a love for trainers so being around them everyday made me happy. i was just as excited as customers who came in and asked what the good things about the sneaker were! i'd explain it with such passion too. i miss this place.
Pros
nice lunch hour
Cons
nothing
Fun
Part time sales associate (Current Employee) –  Oxford Circus1 April 2018
Foot Locker is a very busy place. There are times where you will have time to interact with colleagues and times where you can only interact with customers. You will gain many new skills and how to work quick & under pressure.
Okay
Sale Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London20 February 2018
If you don’t wanna grow in this company I won’t advise you to choose this job only to pay your bills as you’ll need to put lot of effort in it. There’s quite lots of stress from managers and colleagues in approaching clients and selling people insoles and other foot locker products.
Great Working Environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dalston, Greater London9 February 2018
Footlocker was my first job after i finished college.
in a days work all staff had to meet every customer that walked in within the first 5 seconds to show our great customer service and how we would like to help customers get the right thing they were looking for.
each staff member had targets to reach in a days work such as getting multiple sales from one customer.
every customer that bought a pair of trainers we had to try and push our cleaning product to help the customers look after their trainers.
hardest part was trying to sell other items to a customer when they already knew what they came in to buy.
also dealing with the delivery that came in almost everyday.
Pros
great discounts
Cons
on your feet all day apart from your lunch break
A good place to work if you love trainers
Cashier (Current Employee) –  London8 February 2018
A job you should apply for to get by. The management at my store could be better and the systems they use should be updates to something other than windows vista but other than that its fine.
Assistant
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Clapham Junction28 January 2018
Very busy company in camden my job role was to get footware for customers and ensure good fit and customer service, we used to up sell speco heel and shoe and apparel product on commission, other duties was to organies the stock and keep the stock room clean and organised for business.

footlocker was a good way of taking to customers in demonstrating
sales skills and gave me confidance in sales.
Pros
commission on upselling
Cons
20 hours plus
Very good benefits but not very good work/life balance
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  United Kingdom19 January 2018
I started working here hoping that I was about to start my next career, however it feels as though I will not be progressing much further than assistant manager and it has made me want to have a whole change in career and leave retail altogether.
Pros
Shoe Discount, Good Team
Cons
Uniform, Long Hours, Management (Regional etc)
Fun busy sales driven
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire14 January 2018
Footlocker was only temp contract and was good while it lasted, I enjoyed my team of staff and work environment was fun. It was a target driven place and we had to make those targets every month, I like those kind of environment as it’s and incentive to make more money and just keep you on toes, but overall good place and didn’t disappoint.
Pros
Discount
good sport shop
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London9 January 2018
I enjoyed working with this company as they helped me with my customer service training, and I will say this good company to start customer service .
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London5 January 2018
It has been a good experience, I worked with young people and we were like a big family, everyone was always smiling and happy to be there, time everyday was going very quickly and customers, most of the time, we’re enjoying their time during the sale; they could have a laugh with us and at the same time buy what they were looking for.
athmosphere
Shift leader (Former Employee) –  fargate sheffield17 December 2017
When you work for a company such as Footlocker which is known worldwide they really do make sure that the atmosphere is great, with staff members boosting moral and with customers coming in to store.

They really are a great company to work for.
Too much drama but a good stepping stone
Stockroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London17 December 2017
I found Footlocker to be aesthetically pleasing to work at but that was at first. After a while of training with them (which isn’t so hard) members of staff would complain for the slightest of reasons & then start back biting ESPECIALLY towards the manager which lead to poor vibes amongst the team also having to stay back for house keeping was awful this only led to trains being missed tempers flaring etc BUT over all you do meet some really nice people whilst working there which builds networking & communication skills & that’s what you need in life to continue your journey regardless with or without footlocker. Overall 4/10
Pros
Discounts / Networking
Cons
Drama /Moody Staff/ Poor time keeping / Bad pay
Busy and funny !
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London9 December 2017
I use to open the store with my manager and an other colleague , in the early morning which is the most quieter part of the day we use to tidy the store and double check if everything was ok .
Then we began to sell and stay focus on the customers.
At theend of the day we had to tidy the store and refil what was missed in the store
Poor job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  England1 December 2017
Poor work and life balance, expect to do many tasks all the same time, cut hours so less staff, not allowed to have your own opinions. Money is poor for my age. Stay behind and work for free because we need to tidy the store for the next day. Manager is not approachable and when you ask for advice, they looked at you if you were a stupid.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Long hours, poor work/ life balance
Cant complain
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire24 November 2017
For a "sneaker head" its an awesome place to work! Its a product that your passionate about and a perfect place to meet like-minded people.

Not a whole lot of advancement opportunities though and the wage is not amazing.
Nice fun place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands14 November 2017
Require a lot of you and sometimes push you too hard however overall a fun environment. Management at times do nothing and their job is easier than a normal customer service member.
Pros
Good discount
Cons
No pay rise
buon ambiente
Responsabile (Former Employee) –  bond street, londra. inghliterra20 October 2017
la giornata iniziava con la sistemazione negozio e magazzino se arriva merce Si contribuiva allo shift dell personale di vendita, assistendoli nella ricerca del modello e taglie desiderate dal cliente.
La gestione del personale forse era un po lasciata al caso, nel senso che il management non era cosi presente come avrebbe dovuto, sia in maniera correttiva che in maniera di supporto.
Comunque questa esperienza mi ha dato modo di imparare a lavorare bene in un team in quanto eravamo piu' di 8 persone per turno Questa era forse la parte piu' difficile del lavoro, nel senso che riuscire ad andare d'accordo e conciliare tutte queste persone sotto un unico scopo, e' stato sicuramente un insegnamento-
Dall'altro campo, come ho detto prima, questi sforzi venivano fatti maggiormente dallo staff e non dal management, che invece sfruttava questa situazione.
Pros
lavoriamo come una famiglia
Cons
stavo studiando alla maggiore parte ma non sono riuscuito al finanziare di piu era dificile
workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  london27 September 2017
very friendly with the costumer. sometimes the shop is very busy but it is very important to laugh and be friendly . i learn about the type of shoes and the best insole.
Pros
pay lunch
Cons
very stress
Fun workplace but too much stress
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  London21 September 2017
I enjoyed so much in foot locker and I've learnt a lot, however, once you step into management career the amount of stress you receive is incredibly higher than your pay.
One massive pro about foot locker is that it becomes your family as soon as u step in and is hard to leave them.
Pros
Commission/ Discount
Cons
Pressure for the additional sales
They was a good company to me
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Customer service20 September 2017
They supported me and gave me the experience to communicate and network with a different variety of nationalities. I also enjoyed my time there because I am a trainer freak so to be part of the fashion industry was so exciting.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Moody staff