Foot Locker Employee Reviews

fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  London24 August 2018
normal interview process the best place i felt in store was working in the stock room as i enjoy organising stock and looking for the right coding to be able to locate the trainer for the customer. enjoyable part of the job was being able to meet and work with new people.
Pros
15% off merchandise
Cons
low pay rate
amazing
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London16 July 2018
Had a great time over Christmas. My colleagues were great people and the job, while pushing and challenging, never got too much. My manager was very supportive that I was only just starting.
Pros
Cons
everythong
Fast paced retail environment
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands15 June 2018
As per usual with retail you serve customers all day while some of them are friendly and happy others are unpleasant and entitled. You just have to take the good days with the bad. You're expected to consistently push sales to customers. "Don't stop selling until the customer stops buying" which comes with its own challenges. It's not for the faint hearted.

Management across the company isn't consistent. Some managers actually care about you and your life while others just care about sales and will treat you poorly.

As a manager you're expected to the put the job before anything else which would be fine except for the minimum wage. They say you get commission to make up for it but commission stealing is a big issue across the stores.
Pros
30% Discount
Cons
No social life
Enjoyed it.
Sales Associate (Christmas Temp) (Former Employee) –  Nottingham25 May 2018
Pros
30% Staff Discount
Cons
Friendly, fun and easy place to work.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Distrito de Lisboa6 May 2018
Working in Footlocker is very rewarding. You feel really appreciated when you achieve your goals. Everyone is approachable and ready to help your. I’ve really enjoyed being a part of the team.
Meh
Stockboy/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brighton5 May 2018
Here I found it straightforward getting used to the nature of the job. Management was poor and there wasnt enough workers to keep the shop running at the standard that a footlocker should be run at.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Manager
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  london1 May 2018
Great place to work, positive atmosphere. The staff are very welcoming and the day runs smoothly (most times). Good discount for staff and the hours are flexible.
Long hours, poor pay
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Birmingham22 April 2018
Long working hours, management do not get payed enough, the company is not paying for overtime. HR is not giving enough support to managers. You only get the rota a few days in advance.
alright
Christmas Temp (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire19 April 2018
not to the bad, its a decent place to work at i cannot be arsed to fill out these reviews for every single working place i worked at, stop this cheese now
fun workplace
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands4 April 2018
i have a love for trainers so being around them everyday made me happy. i was just as excited as customers who came in and asked what the good things about the sneaker were! i'd explain it with such passion too. i miss this place.
Pros
nice lunch hour
Cons
nothing
Fun
Part time sales associate (Current Employee) –  Oxford Circus1 April 2018
Foot Locker is a very busy place. There are times where you will have time to interact with colleagues and times where you can only interact with customers. You will gain many new skills and how to work quick & under pressure.
Okay
Sale Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London20 February 2018
If you don’t wanna grow in this company I won’t advise you to choose this job only to pay your bills as you’ll need to put lot of effort in it. There’s quite lots of stress from managers and colleagues in approaching clients and selling people insoles and other foot locker products.
Great Working Environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dalston, Greater London9 February 2018
Footlocker was my first job after i finished college.
in a days work all staff had to meet every customer that walked in within the first 5 seconds to show our great customer service and how we would like to help customers get the right thing they were looking for.
each staff member had targets to reach in a days work such as getting multiple sales from one customer.
every customer that bought a pair of trainers we had to try and push our cleaning product to help the customers look after their trainers.
hardest part was trying to sell other items to a customer when they already knew what they came in to buy.
also dealing with the delivery that came in almost everyday.
Pros
great discounts
Cons
on your feet all day apart from your lunch break
A good place to work if you love trainers
Cashier (Current Employee) –  London8 February 2018
A job you should apply for to get by. The management at my store could be better and the systems they use should be updates to something other than windows vista but other than that its fine.
Assistant
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Clapham Junction28 January 2018
Very busy company in camden my job role was to get footware for customers and ensure good fit and customer service, we used to up sell speco heel and shoe and apparel product on commission, other duties was to organies the stock and keep the stock room clean and organised for business.

footlocker was a good way of taking to customers in demonstrating
sales skills and gave me confidance in sales.
Pros
commission on upselling
Cons
20 hours plus
Very good benefits but not very good work/life balance
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  United Kingdom19 January 2018
I started working here hoping that I was about to start my next career, however it feels as though I will not be progressing much further than assistant manager and it has made me want to have a whole change in career and leave retail altogether.
Pros
Shoe Discount, Good Team
Cons
Uniform, Long Hours, Management (Regional etc)
Fun busy sales driven
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire14 January 2018
Footlocker was only temp contract and was good while it lasted, I enjoyed my team of staff and work environment was fun. It was a target driven place and we had to make those targets every month, I like those kind of environment as it’s and incentive to make more money and just keep you on toes, but overall good place and didn’t disappoint.
Pros
Discount
good sport shop
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London9 January 2018
I enjoyed working with this company as they helped me with my customer service training, and I will say this good company to start customer service .
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London5 January 2018
It has been a good experience, I worked with young people and we were like a big family, everyone was always smiling and happy to be there, time everyday was going very quickly and customers, most of the time, we’re enjoying their time during the sale; they could have a laugh with us and at the same time buy what they were looking for.
A struggle for work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh21 December 2017
I enjoyed working for the company,but i felt they were not understanding if you were off sick,which was not often.There was not much support.Sometimes it was a struggle
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Not enough support

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Foot Locker. Our community is ready to answer.

51.9K