Foot Locker Employee Reviews

Found 162 reviews matching the search See all 5,699 reviews
trash
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Liverpool City Centre, Merseyside18 January 2019
honestly the worst place I have ever worked.

Poor, manipualtive management who threaten staff of reduction of hours/shifts due to not selling enough etc. this is a horrible move, as more often than not; the managers would put like 8 people on the floor on a day that wouldn't be a busy day.
i was threatened on multiple occasions however they didn't actually do anything as it was just a tactic to push you intp selling more stuff/being busy.

waited months for a new uniform which I didn't receive yet was reserved. new staff would get their uniform/jacket however when i asked, i was repeatedly told it hadn't came yet which was frustrating.

pay was trash, the commission was interesting at first until you realise you make the same as the people in the stockroom WITH commission. this is a clear way to justify paying under 21 minimum wage and entice staff into making more sales.

i was denied my contracted weekly 8 hours on several occasions, in particular at the beginning of my time at this trash company.

also, this job is perfect for u if u wanna be a cleaner too. loved getting paid minimum wage to clean and get treated awfully.
Pros
the 30% discount and the occasional 50% discount which I wasn't actually told about.
Cons
- literally everything above.
Difficult having a life
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Huddersfield17 January 2019
If your life revolves aound sneakers and only sneakers youll be ok. Any other kind of life and this company is not for you. As a manager they will expect you to work all hours under the sun but only pay you for the 39 hours they require
Pros
good discount
Cons
long hours little pay
Really busy place
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  London7 January 2019
Perfect job for who loves have a direct face to face contact with yhe clients , this job suits perfectly for who was born to become a seller, main aim is MAKING MONEY
Pros
Discount on the trainers
Horrible
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Marble Arch5 January 2019
Absolutely HATES THIS PLACE. Couldn’t wait to get the heck up out of there, if I could give 0 stars, I would.

So unorganised. Unnecessary WORKLOAD FOR LOW PAY. £6.40???????? When other places want to pay you WAY MORE. People at this store was stuck up, rude and up their necks because of a management role.
Had absolutely NO time to spend time with family or friends. Say goodbye to your social life.
“They don’t want to hear about your family problems” so don’t even bother, trust me.
You’ll ask for more days and they won’t give you it, you’ll tell them what days you can and can’t work I.e college, uni or personal problems and they won’t bother, call you in on days off CONSTANTLY. You might aswell live in the store.

RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN!
Pros
30/50% discount
Cons
Long hours, overworked, low pay, too much gossip and drama, organised and no social life whatsoever
fun
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Middlesbrough26 November 2018
was a good place to work for meeting new staff and engaging with customers most fun about the job was hitting my targets and making my boss see the potential i have to give and never missing my targets was fun i hit my monthly targets in one week
good place to work for
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leicester21 November 2018
such an easy job! if you don't like a challenge this is the place to go. easy hours that suit you. the staff are very welcoming. The only problem i had with that place is the uniform. if you are a size 4/6 (female) there is no chance any uniform will fit.
It’s a productive work and very fun places
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Luton, Bedfordshire9 November 2018
It’s was a nice job, the people there was very nice with me. The place is clean all the time, sometimes it was hard, all the workers are very good people and very funny
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Long hour
Very fun and very enjoyable it was like a second family
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  London4 November 2018
They taught me what a manager is and how to be a manager, they really empower their managers, it's a company that i always go back to and i always have good memories and friends
Pros
discount, being recognized for hard work and really fast promotion and lot of others
Cons
no cons
Challenging and fun workplace
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands26 October 2018
The working atmosphere is always positive and supportive from each team member and also members of management. You learn a lot about different cleaners and which cleaner is ideal for certain sneakers.
Massive company so always varies from place to place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Tooting25 October 2018
Working at Foot locker can be really rewarding and as a really determined I have been able to reap these rewards working here. The biggest criticism I have would be closing times when employees are kept behind for unnecessary periods of time (retail in general)
Pros
Discount, commission
Cons
Poor closing procedures
sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Brixton, Greater London16 October 2018
Everyday was productive.
I learnt that the customer is always right and how to effectively help customers.
The management was excellent and really skilled and efficient with team bonding.
Foot Locker, as I see it
Assistant Manager (Full Time) (Current Employee) –  London11 October 2018
If you like working in Retail, then Foot Locker would be a pretty good place for you to work at.
Your path to the management position would take somewhere around 1 to 5 years, if you are hardworking.
Pros
Discount on shoes, quick path to management
Cons
Unsociably hours and days. Very poor pay.
Was a good job
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fulham, Greater London1 October 2018
I enjoyed working for footlocker when I was younger and just trying to gain enough customer service skills to build up my profile in my journey throughout retail
Pros
Half price on stock twice a year
Cons
Not enough hours
productive environment
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Street27 September 2018
working at footlocker was challenging however it enabled me to develop key life skills in how to manage customers when working in an busy establishment such as footlocker.
Pros
long breaks
Fun place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton27 September 2018
Nice place to work could have done with a little more better management but overal I enjoyed it, I would definitely go back to work there if I could yes
Pros
Discount on trainers
A real good place to work
Visual Merchandizer (Former Employee) –  Oxford Street London9 September 2018
I enjoyed my stay there and learned a lot. Atmosphere is remarkable. Culture is cooperative and administration is very considerate.

Everyone looks after each other
Pros
Cooperative Culture
Cons
Visa issues may force you to leave
Fun and Challenging
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside5 September 2018
The job is constantly changing and you need to adapt to the each and every challenge that is thrown at you. Interesting day to day roles including management and sales roles are desirable.
fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  London24 August 2018
normal interview process the best place i felt in store was working in the stock room as i enjoy organising stock and looking for the right coding to be able to locate the trainer for the customer. enjoyable part of the job was being able to meet and work with new people.
Pros
15% off merchandise
Cons
low pay rate
amazing
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London16 July 2018
Had a great time over Christmas. My colleagues were great people and the job, while pushing and challenging, never got too much. My manager was very supportive that I was only just starting.
Pros
Cons
everythong
Fast paced retail environment
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands15 June 2018
As per usual with retail you serve customers all day while some of them are friendly and happy others are unpleasant and entitled. You just have to take the good days with the bad. You're expected to consistently push sales to customers. "Don't stop selling until the customer stops buying" which comes with its own challenges. It's not for the faint hearted.

Management across the company isn't consistent. Some managers actually care about you and your life while others just care about sales and will treat you poorly.

As a manager you're expected to the put the job before anything else which would be fine except for the minimum wage. They say you get commission to make up for it but commission stealing is a big issue across the stores.
Pros
30% Discount
Cons
No social life