FM Conway Employee Reviews

Company full of lies
Operative (Former Employee) –  London18 February 2019
Got an interview with this company whilst I was living away. Flew in for the interview job role: Operative. Was given so many promises. i.e. Vehicle, living and higher salary after probation. I left my country came in for the job, to find out that I have to find a place to rent myself and had to buy a vehicle also myself as the department I was working for didn't even bothered to find one for me. So 2 lies so far... After my probation period I had a talk with my boss who's always in the office and has no clue what is happening on the site, so there's miscommunication all the time. So he tells me that I'm not good enough and expands my probation for another 3 months. I told him that: 'Look I don't mind about the payment, but it's just nothing that we talked in the beginning, just give me weekends and double shifts' I didn't mind to do the hours because I left my family back home, just wanted to save as much money as possible. I was earning about 2k after tax, which wasn't that bad, but I had to buy a car, pay all the taxes, insurance, plus rent.... so it all added up to quite a big amount and money I was sending home was pennies. So after all that talk with my boss, he promised to give me double shifts and over time, which never happened. So I stayed for another 3 months in the company still giving hopes that it will change, I asked to be moved to other departments it also didn't happen I was told that our boss hates when people move from that department so I was left with no other way. Overall I heard that other departments are different and better, but I believe I just got  more... into wrong one and I ended up loosing 6 months of my daughters life which I wasn't involved in. She was only 4 months old when I left. That is the biggest pain for me. I wouldn't wish this situation to my biggest enemy, it was just a terrible, terrible experience. I'm glad I'm back.

My advise: Don't trust a single promise this company makes :)

All the best!
Brilliant workplace
IT Infrastructure Technician Apprentice (Former Employee) –  London5 January 2019
Brilliant company to work for, very rewarding and plenty of oppeorrunies to develop yourself and your career. Need to chase it and not stagnate but plenty of opportunities for development
Poor management and rude office staff
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Erith8 December 2018
Management only interested in themselves, you just a moving cog in a very big wheel, if the wheel breaks they just replace the cog no question asked. That’s it you out they dont care about you.
Salary’s is good for what you do, but your salary idea wears thin with all the stuff you have to put up with.
Don’t waste your time and effort, stay away
Pros
Van and wages
Cons
Extremely Poor management
ok workplace bad management
Contracts Manager (Former Employee) –  Surrey28 November 2018
enjoyable, but untrustworthy senior management. i felt sorry for ceo
but then i realized he chose to ignore what was going on.
i think a lot of their clients would think twice if they knew what was going on.
Heathrow Asphalt plant is worse place to work
Weighbridge Operator (Former Employee) –  Heathrow, Greater London23 October 2018
Heathrow Asphalt plant is a worse place to work, unprofessional management , supervisor only look after their family members and friends ,
Poor training plan and no probation review
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Long hours of work, no lunch break, unprofessional management
Finance Manager (Current Employee) –  Sevenoaks, Kent13 October 2018
Great environment to work in. Very results driven but still supportive. You are challenged to get the most out of your contracts and most management get that and work within those parameters

The self delivery ethos is ingrained in the culture which can sometimes lead to more internal conflict than necessary but everyone pulls together eventually

Management can get a literal jittery especially when challenged by the CEO. Some decisions seem a little whimsical and at times few managers seem willing to stand up for what they believe in if it is in stark contrast to CEO view.

Culture driven around safety and training is great
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Silo culture
Great
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  Kent31 May 2018
I only spend work experience here, however loved every second. The atmosphere was great and management were very friendly. Loved the placement. Lots of variety within the placement.
very poor
Contract Administrator (Former Employee) –  londob25 May 2018
In the beginning I thought that I had landed on my feet,but within the first year things started to go wrong and management started to change things around not for the good if the company. They found me another role but then again about 18 months later was made redundant. Initially so was very happy at Conway and would have stayed they need to look closer to home at the mismanagement and think more about the workers.
Cons
Terrible firm run by power hungry managers who only care about themselves
Road Marker (Current Employee) –  Dartford, Kent2 January 2018
This by far is the worst firm I have ever worked for, they let there guys work with expired tickets knowingly, expect overtime and drop of hat. Your not valued or respected at all.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Money
Terribly treated after long service
Highways Operative (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London19 October 2017
Don't get involved terrible management hr are completely biased,lost everything because of the company ,gave everything to the company to stabbed in the back for no reason
Pros
Cons
Loads
ADMIN ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  London25 August 2017
Good working environment. You always have work but do not feel over loaded. There also progression if you work hard. The hours are great too you great for work life balance
Great place to work however wasn't given training that was promised
Traffic Management Operative (Former Employee) –  Erith, Greater London26 February 2017
Not great people but a good place to work. Learnt my trade there but no help to further me in my career. Management is getting worse continuing to break policy and sometimes law
Pros
Loads of over time
Cons
No training/poor people skills
Conway
Sweeper Driver (Current Employee) –  Kent21 January 2017
Typical day involves travelling around South East England on multiple jobs operating the sweeper.

Conway has and continue to provide great training, the opportunity for over-time and a nice environment to work in.
Pros
opportunity for over time, training
Cons
distance to head office to collect lorry
Clicky inbreeding environment
Supervisor/Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Dartford, Kent8 December 2016
Working for this company started well; for the first few months. Then it became clear that this "Family Run" company does what many "families" do and sweeps its problems under the carpet.

Supervisors are underhand and sly and are trained as such.

Management are more concerned with there pay grade rather than the staff working under them. If you like working in a clicky environment where people back stab then this is the place for you.

From the outside this company is all shiny and lovely but you don't have to scratch the surface much to see; that they squeeze every last piece from you with no regard for your wellbeing then discard you.
Pros
Seems good at the start
Cons
clicky, nasty, terrible atmosphere, weak management
Hgv drivrer (Former Employee) –  London17 October 2016
A good place to work whre you can learn all about tarmac and how you redurfaice a new road from the begining to the end from plainings to laing wait work wsit liners .....
Not very good work lace
Traffic Management Operative (Current Employee) –  Traffic management operative1 October 2016
Need move on to better company where appropriated as the yard i work out off has gone very quite I like a job where your busy
Pros
Not moving anywhere
Cons
Not enough hours
Friendly, family-run company
Temporary Administrator (Former Employee) –  Dartford/Sevenoaks1 October 2016
Lovely company to work for, friendly co-workers, learnt a lot from my work placement and temp work.
I learnt more about how to use Microsoft Outlook and Excel as well as improve my communication skills and confidence.
I enjoyed the oppotunity to learn to use update the London Highway Academy website as well as helping the students with their enquiries.
The hardest part of the job was chasing for missing information from student application forms because we are not always given much contact information.
Pros
Offer E-learning to improve your skills
Project Management
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  London21 September 2016
• International Project, Design & Risk Management experience
• Ability to delivery large multi-disciplinary projects successfully
• Project Management under NEC Contracts
• Excellent Leadership skills
• Organisational adaptability
Very poor company.
Senior supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dartford6 August 2016
FM Conway treat their Clients with utter disdain and squeeze every penny they can due to the appalling schedule of rates they agreed to. Basically they buy the contract then force employees to find any avenue of revenue they can. Supervisors are forced to exert tremendous amounts of pressure on their workforce because of the Financial constraint on the business. The management structure is very poor and abuse their position. The company is now in a period of contraction after years of rapid growth and many good people lost their jobs in the last six months. Newham and Camden were both lost due to mis-management and Southwark and Westminster are both on the verge of collapse. I foresee many more redundancies in the future.
Pros
Good rates of pay
Cons
Long hours and no job security.
good company in asphalt industry
HGV Ashphalt Driver (Current Employee) –  heathrow1 October 2015
good company with large potential to get promotion within.
i prefer night work in this company.
learned alot within this 2 years about london areas.
managment is good except hr.
i must say co workers are really helpful.
there is no hard part of the job.
most enjoyable part is that job is job on knock.