Flying Tiger Copenhagen

Flying Tiger Copenhagen Employee Reviews

United Kingdom116 reviews
Manager is amazing and always checking up on everyone.
Small store with only 20-30 staff so everyone is close.

Really good discount.

Deputy manager was very strict and would yell at employees in front of customers.

Shift can be very tiring on busy days as everyone takes turns being on tills and on shop floor as well as restocking shelves.

An older male employee made some inappropriate comments to a female staff member which created tension within the employees.

No security on front door which lead to items being stolen by customers.
The hours are long, either 07:00- 16:00, or 13:00 - 22:00, and its a very tiring job, it's expected that merchandise is to be rearranged at least once a day (before the store opens) and often twice. Your day will involve running between the shop and the warehouse, trying to restock whilst not being able to get past a sea of customers.
The products are of poor quality which frequently leads to unpleasant interactions with disappointed shoppers who have had their purchase break when they get it home.

Management is poor. The managers were often rude and didn't communicate their ideas well which lead to misunderstandings. The store manager made two employees cry within weeks of each other.

Head office lets you know you're doing well by sending the shop a box of quality street to share.

The fellow employees (those who weren't managing) were nice.
Pros
being able to take home damaged products
Cons
long hours, poor quality products, bad management, no incentives
Don't work for cheltenham branch manager is a power tripper and has issue! Worst company I have ever worked for! Salary is awful and hours are long! Avoid avoid avoid!
Pros
Cons
Awful salary, awful management, awful hours
I worked for tiger for over a year before being let go due to Corona virus rather than being put on furlough. Exeter store manager is lovely and does the best she can but head office clearly have no respect for their employees.
Cons
I now have no income
As a part time worker, no weekend was the same! Many bonds were created between me and customers. The job was great and always had something to learn about. I really loved the job!

Unfortunately, the team I began working with was not the same as the one I have left. I faced many changes as well as challenges with management causing many colleagues to leave over a short period. However the job itself is great.
Great place to work for a young student starting their first job. Friendly staff and really fun place to shop and work. You need to have a sense of humour to work here.

Wages were bad. In a supervisor role, I was on minimum wage with a guaranteed 40 hour contract. I managed the shop 2 days a week, as well as this, I managed during management sick leave and holidays which were more frequent than usual. Management had little enguagement with shop floor staff and as a supervisor I felt I was going above and beyond what i was payed to do. Due to poor wages, staff turnover was frequent and staff moral felt uninspired.

The running of the store is generally easy and I was always kept busy on a day to day basis.

The hours were unpredicatble due to stock deliveries being unreliable, this was an ongoing issue. Staff were often frustrated having to wait for deliveries to arrive after their working hours were done.

A generous staff discount and a very casual uniform were possitive elements to the job.
When I joined FT the terms were good, meanwhile some people left the company, work remained the same.
Christmas came and few people were hired, meanwhile after the holidays and the following months nothing changed. Just more work to do, managers were very demanding to make deliveries and sometimes several tasks were required to do at the same time.
Worked for this company on two different occasions at two different locations. The job is pretty chilled. Often spend the day replenishing the stock and serving on the tills as well as assisting customers.
Its started off really fun and easy going. After new management came in, it was horrible, stressful and very mentally harmful. I had no support from the managament or area manager. If you're not part of management your expendable and not cared for.
Pros
No Pros
Cons
Poor management
I have been here 7mths now and enjoyed it so much .great team work relaxed atmosphere .great support when needed if the pay was a little better it would be great
Loved every aspect of my job roll.Always new challenges.Great team in store.Support from all upper management,head office and other stores.
Would still be working for the company if the Cwmbran store had not closed.
friendly work staff, lots of different jobs to do from till work to restocking to label printing - lots to keep you entertained during the day. easy going and casual. not watched over by superiors all day - allowed to and encouraged to take your own initiative on jobs and stock replenishment. 40% staff discount.
Pros
40% staff discount, flexible hours, casual uniform, friendly staff
Cons
pays minimum wage, some of the stock is annoying (specifically the dog toys)
They felt like family . Busy work always something to do. You work on tills and stock shelves and clean and tidy up and answer customers questions . There’s different stock all the timedifferent
Pros
Kind
Cons
At first it looks like fun environment to work in. But after a few months you just want to look for another job.
Besides that the job is very underpaid, the main issues is management and company itself. Management is lazy, rude and there is no appreciation at all, even if you are working and moving non-stop for whole 9 hours straight.

All of it is not worth for 8£ per hour.

I rea
Very poor management that spend too much time cutting hours instead of listening to the issues their staff have. Hire lots of staff on small contracts yet expect them to go above and beyond when working and not getting any thanks or recognition for that.
The job is ok and easy to get the hang of like most retail jobs.
The hours are long. Hard, Strenuous manual labour pulling in 3 pallets of stock 5 days a week. Staff are too busy unloading delivery and tasking so no customer service. Minimal pay based on age & low salary for managers.
It was a beautiful experience working at Flying Tiger. I enjoyed a lot. The Manager, the Supervisors and the others workers were very nice they teaching and helped me with excellently.
I was working for Christmas Temporary time. I wish working here full time and permanent.
Found myself carrying out dutys above my role and training staff myself after i only joined thst week.

Not friendly. Treated badly. Demand you to come in more than agredd.
This company not only trusts you and gives you the opportunity to work on your team but also invites you to continue growing. It has been one of the best experiences of my life.
The manager seems like he doesn’t know what he is doing. It is a hard work that requires carrying a lot of heavy boxes if you get a job at one of the stores that don’t have a lift.
My experience of working at Tiger was positive 90% of the time. It's a fun and creative working environment. Very fast pace usually but this is a good thing as time passes quickly! Not the best organised management in my experience but its a good starter job with great perks ( 40 % off !)
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Flying Tiger Copenhagen. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9