Flight Centre (UK) Limited

Flight Centre (UK) Limited Employee Reviews

United Kingdom28 reviews
Work hard play hard
The company culture is changing drastically, and therefore the previous 'work hard play hard' image is dwindling, though there is still some element of truth to it.
Very collaborative, love my work colleagues & most customers, plenty of training & upskilling involved as well as management courses.
Great team
I enjoyed working here for 4 years there is room to grown within the company and you are offered a lot of support to do so.

Benefits could be better but you are recognised for achievements.
Great graduate role
- Fun place to work
- Good sales training and ongoing development

- Good potential earnings

- Career progression opportunities

- Fast paced but achievable targets
Great people and fun environment.
Fun company to work for, they employ so many great people you're likely to make a lot of friends from it. The work itself ranges from boring to mildly boring and regrettably, there are few initiatives in place to help staff transition as the market the company is in changes.
Flight Centre UK
Great company with a good salary and good benefits however the training and first month in store are super intense.

In store teams can be quite small and if you do not get along with your team or your managers are horrible then it can be very overwhelming.

Also the role is very sales driven and if you are not in the right environment in store you will feel very out of depth.

Great HR and support system however work life balance is very difficult at the beginning and work events seem to focus on those who drink at times, which may alienate those who do not.
Pros
Employee discounts on flights, hotels, tours etc, great company ethics and principles
Cons
Long hours, small teams, a lot of pressure, sales driven
There is a reason why they are voted one of the best to work for!
I was with Flight Centre for 18 months and only left because I relocated to a part of the country that had no stores! I loved my job! Yes there were tough times but by far the good times and the rewarding experience with the people you are helping out way these tough times! It’s not just about the holidays and memories your creating it’s helping those in a time of need too! I was gutted to leave Flight Centre as I knew I would have been able to have a long career there.
Pros
Salary, Commission, rewarding, social, part of the F.C. family
Cons
No stores down country this was the only reason to leave!
Great company to work for
I enjoyed working here and being surrounded by so many people with great passions for travel. The tools given really supported me in giving my customers the best service. Working as a team we were able to build on our experiences to offer the customers their dream holidays.
fun place to work
I dont want to leave but getting made redundant is not my choice different day in the role from invoicing hotels out to phoning hotels and getting copy bills sent over that have been in query and contra monies off
Pros
free food
Cons
happy
Productive and fun workplace
Worked here as an Interim. My Manager and the people in the office were very helpful and friendly, it didn't take long to settle in. There was an inclusive culture; lunch together on Fridays and even a glass of red wine at the end of the day on Friday.
Pros
great people
Cons
Back office staff have to wear a uniform
Low work life balance with a Party Culture
It was enjoyable to work with clients at Flight Centre, however, the work-life balance was very poor. The hours were long and shifts were always changing as well as working on the weekends. There were mandatory buzz nights once a month that we would have to travel to a different city to stay overnight, after a short meeting we would get drinks tokens and were encouraged to get drunk and party. It was fun on occasion, but having to go away every month for the meetings was too much, especially if you had to go into work early the next day.
Fun workplace
This is a very good place to work.
Great work environment where working is made fun and interesting.

Very busy work pace keeping you always on top of your challenges.
Unique
terrible systmes that make work twoce as hard. Very frustrating.
Culture based around younger generation

Long hours but financial benefits to this.

Poor line and upper management

Select few rise to the top
International Travel Consultant
Customer facing, strong personal organisational skills, team work, great growth opportunities, work benefits, great workplace culture, worl renowed organisition.
rewarding sales job
Busy sales role working both on the telephone and face to face with customers. Lots of opportunity for personal growth in a very sociable work environment.
Flight centre
good benefits, fun culture. Lots of social events but this is definitely a sales role above all else. Opportunities for travel and chance to win holidays.
A very good company to work for and they focus on every individual for such a large company.

The benefits are good such as cheap flights and hotel discounts.

They have a great pension plan, decent holiday pay and they pay for all events and parties.
Pros
exclusive holiday deals
Cons
unreachable targets
Fantastic company with great team-feel
I have been working at Flight Centre for 8 months and thoroughly enjoy the team spirit here. The benefits are fantastic - we can book amazing travel deals, we get health checks and fun challenges we can enter, and free financial consultations!

Despite having a longer working day than I'm used to, I think it's the perfect company for me. There's a real sense of reward and recognition that I've not experienced at previous companies.
Pros
travel discounts, health cash plan, social nights
Cons
Long work hours
Work hard and play hard environment
Typical day at work includes making cold calls and looking for new business some admin and reporting on figures.
I learnt how to handle people from different walks of life as i speak to different people everyday.Maintain and build current suppliers.

My co-workers are great we work hard and play hard and reap the benefits.

Hardest part of the job is cold calling as not everybody likes a cold call.
Pros
travel discounts
Cons
management
Provide travel arrangements for businesses as well as for local leisure customers.

Creating a perfect holiday regardless of the location. Specialising in tailor making long-haul holidays to our key destinations including Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Asia and The United States.

An accredited specialist by the Australian, New Zealand and South African government tourist authorities.
First rate employer
The Engineering group that I worked with was both motivated and talented.
The entire senior management were fully cognisant of the need to integrate information security.
Pros
the calibre of the staff
Cons
What cons?
Was a fun place to work!
I really enjoyed my time working for FC.

I worked with a great team of people which is really important and they had some great training programs.

They were interested in my growth in the company and the discounted travel was a bonus!
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Flight Centre (UK) Limited. Our community is ready to answer.
4.2