Play YouTube video button
Flannels

Flannels Employee Reviews

United Kingdom28 reviews
Featured review
Flannels selected this as a representative review
Great fast paced workplace!!!
Great management and staff members. good balance of social life as the staff are very out going. straff dissocunt is great too!!!!
Pros
discount
Cons
the management is terrible, and childish, competitive scene. and never no promotions. also pay is very low and hours are based on a 0 hour contract. don’t recommend unless you really need a job.
Company is overrated to be a like other luxury stores, whereas you will be bored out of your mind and unproductive for the short period of time that you are there. You are on a 0 hour contract and management had favouritism on who was offered shifts, also you will be bored out of your mind as no customers come in. Also later found out that the company is under Sports Direct which makes sense as to why it is so dodgy and they do not take care of their employees
Pros
Very good work life balance because you are on 0 hour contract. Staff Discount
Cons
0 hour contract with barely any shifts offered. Favouritism with shifts from management for staff
A typical day at work would be to make sure standards are good, putting away delivery, assisting customers.
I have learnt about so many different designer brands.

Managers are really Helpful and Fair.

It’s amazing working with people who come from different backgrounds, it very interesting.
During my summer contract I found working at flannels very rewarding, I've learnt about stock taking, customer care and product placement. My other colleagues were very supportive with my training helping whenever they could.
Didn't learn anything exciting about the company, I worked for Flannels for over 1 year and some days pay would be good due to commission others it would be quiet and no extra money etc.. its due to competition and the designer stock they sell is over saturated in the market and really accessible to everyone and isn't that desirable. Job wasn't challenging and managers where very unexcited and not passionate about the company which reflected on the mood of the cast members. The work place is very un-organised and you can tell that its part of Sports Direct with merchandising etc/untasteful decor.
The commission scheme was excellent and divided between staff from the store pot, as well as individual sales.
Great company to work for to boost sales and negotiating skills
Very nice place to work. Fair salary.
Manager are always present and always collaborating for a nice environment.

I enjoyed this experience and I would recommend Flannels for everyone.
Time spent here was amassing, I learned so much about fashion and what people are into. Also it showed me how to really get close to customers to help them get the best out of the fashion world.
I developed a lot of communicational skills from my time at flannels. in order to really deliver good customer service good interaction and communicate was vital.
I have currently been in the business for 4 months and I am really enjoying my day to day work life. The offices are amazing and you feel welcomed as soon as you step in.
if you shop at flannels be expected to meet over 50% of the staff to be teenagers.
the training is a checklist but your thrown into the job with a sense of fingers cross.

hardest part of the job is your expected to do EVERYTHING while some staff do nothing.

best part of the job is the product and discount.

pay is min wage even for supervisors. there is a chance to earn more by selling certain products.

for myself i wouldn't work there again if i was paid double.

i am afraid there are just to many negatives.
Pros
discount
Cons
little recognition
work was fun staff where amazing managerial staff is great. overall a great place to work the environment is motivating and the customers are often very pleasant.
very challenging but manageable

very fun place to work. i was able to achieve my daily tasks and more

dealt with all issues and customers were satisfied
A typical day at work would consist of continuous clientele growth, manage customer queries and shop floor standards. Also to manage end of day checks as well as deliveries for the store.

This job has allowed me to progress rapidly, because of the responsibilities I have had to be in control of. It is a good challenge.

Management are driven, and very genial however, many are not as understanding as employees would wish them to be.

Workplace culture is powerful. Brand knowledge is critical.

The hardest part of the job is keeping up with all the various brands, we sell.

The most enjoyable is being able to build relationships with customers, and working within a young, fresh and vibrant team that is always willing to help each other.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Not contracted and Limited hours
There are a lot of roles to learn at Flannels and you are expected to pick them all up very quickly as deliveries are every day and maintaining the shop can become a big task.

The people were great to work with and management were straight forward and helpful, when it came to difficult situations where maybe I was struggling with a job or was not able to come in due to problems at home they were very understanding and gave you the chance to come back strong and prove that you are the right person for the job.

I can confidently say it was one of the best jobs I've had so far in retail and the pay is very good with making commission everyday which makes a big difference at the end of the month.
Pros
Works Parties, Brand Training, Commission, Holiday Pay, Good Management
Cons
45 minute lunch break.
It’s a very fast paced environment on shop floor. You’re constantly having to talk to someone or make your displays look nicer. Close down is an absolute hassle when you still have customers coming in and messing your stands and walls up. Very very goal oriented and at times it becomes over consuming. Manager was such a lovely woman and so was all the other staff. You do get a discount of 20% but the clothes are still very expensive. Saturdays are always busy and it can become daunting at times especially if you’re working on days when there’s big sales on (Boxing Day, New Year, Black Friday). You will hurt in your first couple of shifts due to how long you spend on your feet.
Pros
Working with high end clothes.
Cons
Small pay and small discount.
as long as not 0 hour staff great oppertunity as the company is always growing , sent to different stires to work and learn new skills , sent on training courses with different brands
a typical day at work can be interesting dealing with such valued brands and exciting to see new collections come out however can be challenging at times
Pros
commission
Cons
I didn't work here for a long period of time. I found it was very goal orientated and you had to hit targets. Most of the time staff are just stood about.
Pros
Discount off clothing
Cons
Boring
Great place to work, not a huge amount of movement potential within store but always hours available even though most of us are on 0 hour contracts. Staff all friendly and always kept busy