Five Guys
Here to help: Coronavirus update

Five Guys Employee Reviews

United Kingdom215 reviews
Overall
Pay is good as it is every 2 weeks. However, be prepared for a fast-paced and somewhat exhausting job. It is a popular fast-food chain and does become very busy.
Politics
Me as a manager worked so hard broke my back for this company but never got rewarded. They make so many promises they motivate you but nothing. I spent five years in this company in hope one day I will be recognised but I was given false promise by my line manager (DM). I wish I could join any other company as it seemed like I wasted my time. Didn’t learn anything from seniors on visits always on Apple Watch or phone call. Very disrespectful and unprofessional. I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone. I feel like I worked in a place with politics.
Fast paced, family environment.
I didn’t work for five guys long but I really enjoyed the sense of community within the staff. You always have your hours and very accommodate to your needs.

Managers are very professional and understanding. You learn a lot and I still use the advice, protocols they use.

Sadly just very long shifts and hard work.
Pros
Free lunch
Competitive and fun
I was constantly under the warm heat when working, making the fries and burgers. Everything was under pressure and had to be done quickly so that the customers were satisfied in speed. Job was fun and learned new ways when making a burger allowing it to be more juicy and tasty.
is hard work ,funny,stress but in the end is like the family
in five guys are 3 shift morning split and evnings
i start there like the crew memmber and after supervisor and shift manager ,i learn a lot stuff in the office

is hard job but is funny and ther we work like family that one is the most importanat

the hardest part of the job is to work in the fries which is one of the most important

Im happy that i work there because i learn a lot of things and i meet a lot of friends from diferent culture
Productive and fun workplace.
Had fun working there, work is repetitive but I learn something new every day, whether it be a new way to make something or prepping something I have not yet. Hardest part of the job is being fully focused all of the time, because of the 6-8 hour shifts, being sharp is key due to how busy it gets. Most enjoyable part of the job is to take and make orders and giving them to the customers.
Good environment
Good company to work for, great people and with great standards to follow, provided excellent training, great bonuses schemes available. Good communication and team work, very supportive
N/a
Stressful & Poorly Treated
Staff were expected to work for hours and hours, sometimes 15-hour shifts going into the early hours of the morning when they started earlier that morning. The pay was alright, but not worth the issues. The staff were expected to do everything, and put their job above everything, including getting home safely, with them telling teenage girls to walk home for hours at 3 or 4 am in dangerous areas.
Pros
Free Lunch, Alright Pay
Cons
Long Hours, Horrible Management, Terrible Treatment of Staff, Demining Work
ambiente de trabajo divertido, con gran vínculo de amistad
En mi experiencia laboral en UK, ha sido una empresa que siempre ha mirado por el trabajador, con más detenimiento para ayudarlos siendo de lengua extranjera a la suya. Han sido resolutivos con todos mis proposiciones al igual que yo con las suyas.
Good place
Nice team, good food delicious hamburger, very casual ambiance.and workmates. No time for chatting, but good friends. Very short brake but was paid.The customers very educated.
Pros
The team
Cons
Very busy and hard sometimes
Avoid
Terrible place to work. 10 hour working days even when working part-time. Only get half an hour break. Absolutely terrible place to work. AVOID AT ALL COSTS.
Too stressful
If you work at five guys in central London, just know that they do not care about your well being. They will make you feel bad about going home on time and ask you to do 13 hour-plus shifts, and when you refuse you are a bad crew member
Lot of work, well rewarding
No life balance,

Great image and culture, however the reality can be a bit of a shock sometimes,

Difficult to recruit depending on the location.
Real team work.
During my time at Five Guys I worked a lot and hard. The thing that made this bearable was the team spirit that the crew has. The fee was decent enough for the work we did, and there was more than enough freedom in terms of shift swapping and even the actual work.
very productive work environment
a very productive and very stressful working environment. there is the possibility of growth, only if there is the availability of a position. sometimes it is a job where competitiveness is created
Nice place to work,but some supervisors to bossy and they treat the staff without respect at all!
Nice job! There is not hard job,for me was a pleasure to work there,the team was nice and friendly,but supervisors was verry rude and without respect,I didn't saw help when was busy from supervisors....but the manager was verry verry nice and i love to work with !
Horrible place to work
Awful experience. You get excited in the beginning but then you will see the reality. Jealous colleagues and unhealthy competition. Management people are weird and jealous of you if you are more efficient than them, and if you are good looking is even worse.
Awful
Five Guys it was an awful job experience, I worked 2 years there, at the beginning I performed just one role and they didn't take care of teaching me another stations, I managed to take another tasks but they change the management and we got completely lost, many people left and the new guys doesn't take care about the job in consequence the managers pushed some of the crew members until the place become very stressful, at the ends of my shifts I feel very tired and depressed, definitely I would not recommend this place
Pros
Free lunches, bonus
Cons
Stressful environmental, long shifts
Talk about family values etc. But basically they get greedier each year! Just a posh McDonald's!!
What was once a great company to work for is slowly becoming just another corporate monster!! Pounds over people, with the manager's taking bonuses that the crew break they're backs for!! Hgo to McDonald's instead!!
Ambiente stimolante
Ambiente lavorativo dove le mansioni sono ben suddivise per tutto il team.