Fistral Beach Hotel

Fistral Beach Hotel Employee Reviews

United Kingdom10 reviews
Primary role is to give gym inductions & personal training sessions to members or guests, also to keep the gym/spa areas clean & tidy. Since being there, fitness program writing & exercise repertoire has improved.

Other staff are easy to approach & talk to, there isn't much that is too difficult, but what I enjoy most is helping clients reach their goals.
Pros
Free & discounted use of facilities
Cons
Considerable distance to travel from where I live
One of the few places I’ve worked that what you put in you get back- if you work hard it doesn’t go unnoticed. They’re very keen on in house promotion and reward staff who work hard.
Pros
In house promotions, free lunch, great pay
Cons
Parking in summer is sometimes difficult
Staff turn over is horrendous, co-workers can not talk English and management are rude. If you want stability and hours don't apply for work here as they do not care about employee's.
Pros
I really enjoy my job at Fistral beach hotel, all the staff are extremely down to earth and make you feel welcome from the second you walk in the door.
I currently work here and am not planning to leave anytime soon they are a good company to work for, the directors are very lovely and are very involved in the hotel business checking up on all staff on a regular basis. I am proud to say I work there :)
Over worked, constantly stressed, staff food um staff get food poisoning but it’s free!!
Under appreciated. Staff never stay so constantly seeing new faces
I have worked within the spa here in Newquay for over a year now, the team I work with are all amazing and the company is supportive and allows you to progress within it. The location is beautiful too :)
You will be stretched to the limit with the staffing which means it is very hard to offer the level of service which they expect. Which also affects your 1% commission which you only receive if you hit certain scores on service.
They don't want to pay more than minimum wage which is ok if you aren't being run into the ground, but for a 4* hotel that wants to offer 5* service it is a bit ridiculous. This also makes it very hard to get staff in the first place, and near enough impossible to keep them. This is clearly seen in the staff turnover!

Management are mostly nice as are most of the staff that are there.

The directors/owners are also generally very nice, but lack awareness when we are busy they will still ask for drinks and food to be taken to there office, which of courses then has to be cleared. It doesn't sound like much but on a busy shift when you are already behind on jobs and guests start complaining about wait times for drinks or food, they should know that this is not ok to do!

The work environment that is toxic and unsustainable.

The only way I would ever consider going back in the future would be if they increased the budget for employees, allowing more people to be working together on shift making it less stressful and stretched and increasing the pay so that you not only have better employees, but employees that are more willing to stick around.
I have been with the company for 1 year now and I really enjoy my role and can see it progressing .
Hospitality is hard work but when you work for a company that appreciates and recognises hard work and you get along with your colleagues it's really rewarding.

I have witnessed several people work they're way up and I am hoping to do the same.

Mutual respect and recognition!
Just felt used and abused and then dropped when not required. Poor management leadership and not a nice place to work. Big changes are needed.Rota would often change at last minute with no notice.
Pros
free food
Cons
long hours, bad management