Fish'n'Chick'n Employee Reviews

3.6Job Security & Advancement
Terrible!
Counter Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London18 March 2019
One of the worse companies to work for!
Minimum wage, no benefits, terrible work/social life balance, terrible management, money grabbers! They will call you demanding you go in to work with short notice, and if you don’t they start messing with your hours. Mostly extremely rude and unprofessional management except one who will help you out when needed.
Avoid this company at all costs
Pros
Free chips whilst on shift
Cons
Everything above
work
server (Former Employee) –  Wickford5 November 2018
This work place was fine for a first job or if you are studying. A typical day was start the shift work, serve the customers, lock the shop, clean up then go home. The management at this shop doesn't seem consistent as I had 3 managers in the year I worked there. One particular manager lacked people skills and severely upset myself on more than one occasion, resulting in my leave. Apart from that the team members were lovely and friendly. No part of this job was difficult. The pay wasn't bad and goes up when you hit 18 years old
Monotonous
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire9 August 2017
If you are willing to put in the hard work, this job can be rewarding however it is very monotonous. Job involves serving customers and a fair amount of cleaning.
Stressful Environment
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  South Woodham Ferrers6 July 2017
The shop floor is normally a high pressure environment with breaks few and far between, angry customers are common place and the hourly rate is very poor.
Half Decent
Counter Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire19 March 2017
Working in Fish N Chick N was a good laugh on a night where it wasn't busy however when a Friday and Saturday night arrives it isn't a nice place to work because the managers get very stressed.
dont get paid enough...
Counter Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pitsea20 December 2016
working in a chip shop is not as easy as it sounds, there are a lot more things to do than serving chips and the occasional savaloy, sausage or fish and not enough money, it can also be a very stressful environment. and i must include the fact, its one rule for one, and one rule for another.
however...
there ARE some very lovely people, and you do get some wonderful customers and you can make some extremely good friends, memories can be made!
Pros
nice people
Cons
low pay
Busy place
Takeaway Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hove, ENG6 August 2014
When working it normally gets busy. From my experience working here I have learned how to deal with a range of customers, how to work the till, clean my workspace and serve food. The members of staff are all friendly and fun to work with. There is nothing really hard about this job, the only hard part it dealing with everything when it gets busy.
Pros
free food
Cons
hot
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  ENG1 July 2014
A typical day at Fish'n'Chick'n is busy, fun and fast. The shift generally feels as if you have been there for an hour, the co-workers are brilliant and made me feel welcome on my first day, now I feel like family. The mosy enjoyable part of the job is speaking to the customers, I have held many different discussions with a range of customers, it's fantastic.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Short Hours