FIS Global Employee Reviews

Found 22 reviews matching the search See all 1,442 reviews
Awful
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow26 April 2018
I worked here for a short period of time, got about 3 days of training and then got put on the phone. I felt like every time i asked a colleque for help i got moaned at and told to call over to the managers even though they were never there when needed so it ended up i had to ask a colleque for help anyway. After being there for just over a month i got fired for something i done on my second week of being there, with no warning of being fired either. Done a full shift for them and as soon as i got home i got the phone call. Went back to collect my stuff and one of the managers acted all cheery to me acting like nothing happened and was just completely disrespectful to me. Im glad to be out of it. Only good thing about it was some of the people i worked alongside.
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
Awful mamagement, bad training, no guidance, management doesnt care about their workers, management always in "meetings", horrible place to work for.
well rounded experience
Executive Assistant to EVP, Sales EMEA (Current Employee) –  London3 December 2017
I support the SVP and have an admin assistant that supports the team and reports in to me.
I not only support the day to day life of the SVP but I run the team and am a point person on projects.
I also deal directly with clients and schedule meetings and presentations that i helped create.
I organise the yearly Sales Boot Camp for the entire team (300 people) single-handedly.
I am a problem solver and i take responsibility to train all new joiners on our systems.
I also created an onboarding procedure to make it easier for new joiners.
I am always the first point of contact for any issue, because I am a problem problem solver and a very good listener..
Pros
family atmosphere and healthcare as well as GYM allowance
Cons
i am moving to Switzerland soon and the Job is in London
Extremely Poor Company with no career progression and blame culture
Test Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dunfermline, Fife5 October 2017
Staff were Ok, management was poor and HR was a joke.
There was no room for progression, no training, very little support and like the company (Clear2Pay), the salary was a joke.
Would Highly NOT recommend and do not even waste your time applying to such an institution.
The only good thing about that company was the 35 hour weeks and having a decent office in a good location. Apart from that... Avoid like the Plague!!
Friendly employees
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Watford, Hertfordshire8 April 2017
Has a open and friendly company culture. Promotion is possible if you work hard. Staff who leave are not replaced which means staff whom remain are overworked which has a impact on the overall quality of service delivered.
Pros
Fun culture
Cons
Yearly salary increase low
Productive and Challenging
Senior French Collection Advisor (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands1 February 2017
I worked for F.I.S for 7 months and I enjoyed my role there but the job was too demanding. My typical day at work was very challenging and busy. The management was not that helpful as they were also busy dealing with their own task. The workplace culture was putting customers and Company's interest first. The hardest part of the job was making cold calls to customers in France, negotiating and resolving debts problems and at the same time being insulted on the daily basis whilst i tried to collect debts from customers. It was so challenging and demanding with no support from management that I decided to quit and return to Immigration job.
A day at fis
UNIX Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Birmingham5 October 2016
Always a friendly, open, atmosphere with colleagues and others.
A decent day's work, under your own control, and not policed as
it were, from above.
Management always took a backwards seat but were there when it
mattered.
My colleagues were the best - always ready for new challenges,
which were presented constantly.
The workload was wide and varied, not confined, and this would
occasionally call for reading the manuals, which was probably the
hardest part of the job!
But you were never alone, which made the job enjoyable - others
would join in until a problem was solved!
Pros
Colleagues
Cons
Occasional problems
people are worthy but not for the company itself
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Ortigas24 September 2016
Working with the customers are indeed manageable but with the management play with the employees benefits and incentives are really unacceptable.

Lack of people, no promotion salary upgrades, a lot of disputes in terms of salary computation

They just change their policy anytime they wanted without giving headsup with their people
Pros
free claps
Cons
hard to get incentives
Culture is outdated
Analyst (Current Employee) –  London20 September 2016
FIS is one of the biggest financial companies globally; it has been that way for quite some time as it has saturated its market in America and has now come across to EMEA. It's processes are outdated, management often seem disillusioned and the although they achieve good results they are not with the times. There is no committement to social well-being and the work life balance is often appalling in some circumstances.
Pros
Good salary, good career progression if you work incredibly hard
Cons
Long hours, No social commitments, outdated philosophy, low morale
Best Place of work
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  London18 May 2016
Fidelity has been voted one of the best companies to work for and we, strong 55000 employees together empower this great company.
Good Company to Work For
Service Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Leicester17 May 2016
Good salary package and nice working environment. Great set of working colleagues who exhibited a sense of pride and professionalism in their work.
Dreadful place to work
IT Manager (Current Employee) –  Birmingham City Centre11 April 2016
An appaling company. There is no structure to the company. FIS have typically grown through M&A, aquisitions and the like down the years. However, they are TERRIBLE at integrating these companies and this leads to lots and lots of silos. There is zero communication from the leadership team, no clear objectives or strategy, no direction day to day. They care very little about the staff, infact the employee handbook is not worth the paper it is written on as they slectively implement and uphold what they choose from it - when it suits them. The Birmingham office is very dull, very uninspiring and has very poor facilities (for example no informal break out meeting areas, dirty and cramped rest room, unclean toilets, poor location, no resturant). Honestly, and I have no cross to bear here - avoid FIS.
Pros
salary can be good
Cons
where shall I start ??
poor management
Authorisation and Collection Agent (Current Employee) –  Birmingham23 March 2016
Learned about fraud policy
Securing cheque transaction
but poor management affecting employee moral
Bad working balance
Validation of checks for a French company.
Call Centre Admin (Former Employee) –  Birmingham11 March 2016
Achieving objectives (98%)

• respect a call time
• Customer relationship
• Punctuality

Supporting new employees
Communication with third person before confirming a check
Respect the variable schedule
Excellent company
Fraud Analyst (Current Employee) –  Birmingham City Centre24 January 2016
Forward thinking and open culture. Good training provided, and modern set up. I would recommend this company as a good place to work and pursue a career.
productive workplace
Fraud Analyst (Current Employee) –  birmingham10 June 2015
I have learned a lot about fraud and how to deal with it.
Most of the people that work with me are ok and quite pleasant.
The changing hours make it hard to have a personal live however.
Cons
unsociable varying hours
Fun workplace
Customer Advisor (Current Employee) –  Birmingham24 March 2015
Taking calls helping customer with any quires they may have with the international calling card.
Raising issues with the technical team.
Replying to customers via emails.
Liaising via email to the technical team.
Sorting out breaks and lunch for a team of 12.
Cons
working till 9pm
Great culture and ample resources to expand your knowledge
Bilingual Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Leicester, ENG5 March 2015
I quickly learned how to adapt in a results-driven environment. Every single employee is willing to help and extend their expertise. Even as the company expands rapidly, the atmosphere is fun and exciting.
Secure Workplace, No advancement Oppertunities
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, SCT20 August 2014
I love my job, I love the people I work with.

I just find that given my job role which is based mostly around night shift there are no opportunities to advance within the business, and also the salary is not keeping in curve with the current trend, other companies offering day shift hours are willing to pay more money for a less stressful job with less fatigue issues.

In short Management need to take a look at their payment schemes and the payment schemes of those companies providing similar services to clients around them and pay staff accordingly as when other job positions are offering more money then your current role for day time work there is definitely something wrong with the structure.

They also need to take a look at their night shift structure and find a better way for staff to work within the company requirements but without sacrificing their own health, home life and well being in general.
Pros
Secure Positions
Cons
Crazy shift patterns, and unapproachable management team.
Productive and fun workplace
PMO Analyst (Current Employee) –  International9 June 2014
The company is the solution provider and offer the core banking product and services to our client. It's very challenging to meet the commitment with both FIS management and client. To deliver the outcome, its required to handle the multi culture working life style, tight timeline, client and management expectation and etc.
Enjoyable Atmosphere
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Birmingham5 June 2013
A typical day at work would involve me monitoring my team members calls and ensuring all SLA's are met as per Client Requirements. I have learnt that as a Team Leader alot of flexibility is required as well as ensuring you lead by example at all time,
I enjoy having responsibility and always look forward to a new challenge along with tight deadlines that need to be met.
The hardest part of my job would be ensuring when giving negative feedback it is done in the correct manner, as negativity will affect the whole team. I enjoy putting myself in my team members shoes(taking calls) and team members would appreciate and understand Business Needs/Requirements better.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FIS Global. Our community is ready to answer.

FIS Global Reviews by Location