FIS Global

FIS Global Employee Reviews

United Kingdom32 reviews
Was a good place to learn and develop.
I learnt and developed a lot during my time at FIS as this was my first account management role although having previously working in sales and customer service I had a lot of transferable skills that allowed me to quickly adapt to the role and succeed. I did however out grow the role and am looking for more of a challenge as I did not feel there was sufficient progression available within the company.
Great company overall but....
Avoid client services = glorified Support, bad outfits occupies these area of the business. Plottings and ostracisation if you challenge incompetencies.
Great Career Growth
Best place to start your career in Fin-tech company.
local to the City, on Hagley road.

Great environment, you will always have management team around you to support and engage with in your day to day work.
Not good
Bully culture, pay very low, micro management, overloaded work, senior management is shellfish, senseless and out of touch. At start things were ok but there disorganized attitude shown immediately.
Challenging role in a busy team. Despite this everyone here pulls together when they have to in order to ensure the work gets done and that it's completed to the highest possible level
IT Procurement Manager
after the FIS Global take-over of Worldpay in London, FIS have been nothing short of useless - lots of talk on the commercials with IT suppliers, but no action or strategic direction given from anyone in senior management from FIS - they seem to be actively forcing FTE from Worldpay out so they can "manage" things from Florida - none of those staff are globally experienced & pretty useless when it comes to key decisions to be made for Worldpay = they simply do not know how to do things.
Stay clear.
I worked for FIS for a good number of years, I really enjoyed my job. Although since leaving & working elsewhere I have seen that The management have a lot to answer for. Nothing gets kept confidential, full of gossips & 2 faced people. They need more male management.
Pay isn’t the best for the type of work it is.
Great work environment
Great place to work at, Work environment is great, flexibility is the key. Managers help you grow within the company, lot of opportunities provided for growth
Business not far from home.
Manager is flexible.
Workplace culture is normal.

A typical day starts at 6am, having breakfast, chatting, checking inbox.

The hardest part of the job is the nightshifts which there is hardly any work to do, just sitting on the chair and waiting.

Learned about the banking and payments sector.
Pros
Flexability
Cons
Nightshifts
Transforming company but good work place
FIS is changing every day since SunGard acquisition. Departments are merged, consolidated and newly created as well. Management is rapidly changing which is good but sometimes you feel the company is not having a clear vision.

Overall very nice company, professional people, wonderful team and happy time to work.
Not the best
Not the best place to work. Management staff horrible and act like they are highly above you and criticise your every move. Very judgemental and down putting. Overall not a nice environment to work in.
Pros
Leaving
Cons
Horrible managers
Good Atmosphere.
Good atmosphere, good manager.
Busy environment,

Friendly Staff.

The work load at times could be too much!

I enjoyed working here as the overall atmosphere was lively, fun and busy.
Pros
nice office
Cons
work load
Awful
I worked here for a short period of time, got about 3 days of training and then got put on the phone. I felt like every time i asked a colleque for help i got moaned at and told to call over to the managers even though they were never there when needed so it ended up i had to ask a colleque for help anyway. After being there for just over a month i got fired for something i done on my second week of being there, with no warning of being fired either. Done a full shift for them and as soon as i got home i got the phone call. Went back to collect my stuff and one of the managers acted all cheery to me acting like nothing happened and was just completely disrespectful to me. Im glad to be out of it. Only good thing about it was some of the people i worked alongside.
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
Awful mamagement, bad training, no guidance, management doesnt care about their workers, management always in "meetings", horrible place to work for.
well rounded experience
I support the SVP and have an admin assistant that supports the team and reports in to me.
I not only support the day to day life of the SVP but I run the team and am a point person on projects.

I also deal directly with clients and schedule meetings and presentations that i helped create.

I organise the yearly Sales Boot Camp for the entire team (300 people) single-handedly.

I am a problem solver and i take responsibility to train all new joiners on our systems.

I also created an onboarding procedure to make it easier for new joiners.

I am always the first point of contact for any issue, because I am a problem problem solver and a very good listener..
Pros
family atmosphere and healthcare as well as GYM allowance
Cons
i am moving to Switzerland soon and the Job is in London
Financial Institution
Whilst I worked at this company, I enjoyed my job, as it was a new role I made it my own.
Due to being a US based company, not much stock was placed on the UK side of the business.

The people I worked with made it more fun to be there.

Whilst I would not personally recommend anyone from applying I would never discourage anyone for applying as everyone experience is different
Pros
Cons
expected to work above and beyond, with no financial gain
Friendly employees
Has a open and friendly company culture. Promotion is possible if you work hard. Staff who leave are not replaced which means staff whom remain are overworked which has a impact on the overall quality of service delivered.
Pros
Fun culture
Cons
Yearly salary increase low
Productive and Challenging
I worked for F.I.S for 7 months and I enjoyed my role there but the job was too demanding. My typical day at work was very challenging and busy. The management was not that helpful as they were also busy dealing with their own task. The workplace culture was putting customers and Company's interest first. The hardest part of the job was making cold calls to customers in France, negotiating and resolving debts problems and at the same time being insulted on the daily basis whilst i tried to collect debts from customers. It was so challenging and demanding with no support from management that I decided to quit and return to Immigration job.
A day at fis
Always a friendly, open, atmosphere with colleagues and others.
A decent day's work, under your own control, and not policed as

it were, from above.

Management always took a backwards seat but were there when it

mattered.

My colleagues were the best - always ready for new challenges,

which were presented constantly.

The workload was wide and varied, not confined, and this would

occasionally call for reading the manuals, which was probably the

hardest part of the job!

But you were never alone, which made the job enjoyable - others

would join in until a problem was solved!
Pros
Colleagues
Cons
Occasional problems
Culture is outdated
FIS is one of the biggest financial companies globally; it has been that way for quite some time as it has saturated its market in America and has now come across to EMEA. It's processes are outdated, management often seem disillusioned and the although they achieve good results they are not with the times. There is no committement to social well-being and the work life balance is often appalling in some circumstances.
Pros
Good salary, good career progression if you work incredibly hard
Cons
Long hours, No social commitments, outdated philosophy, low morale
Best Place of work
Fidelity has been voted one of the best companies to work for and we, strong 55000 employees together empower this great company.
Good Company to Work For
Good salary package and nice working environment. Great set of working colleagues who exhibited a sense of pride and professionalism in their work.