Firstsource Solutions

Firstsource Solutions Employee Reviews

United Kingdom406 reviews
A long and busy shift. Dealing with a lot of customers who feel they had been badly treated and were entitled to some compensation. Systems not the most reliable at times and frequent long waits to process complaints. Team leaders excellent and majority of colleagues very helpful.
Pros
Friendly and helpful staff
Cons
Customers
3 September 2020
Thank you for your feedback and it is heartening to hear that you enjoyed working with your team.
Employee centricity is one of our key values, and that's inclusive of providing a good work environment and all the essential technological support for all our employees. Our shifts are organised and well planned, with patterns available which suit most of our people. We are proud that the vast majority of our employees enjoy a happy and fulfilling career with us.

We hope you used one of our feedback channels while employed with us. We actively seek feedback from all our employees through our HR team and Employee surveys, so we can continue to improve the employee experience.
Working here is possibly one of the worst things you can do. If you have a family, you'll never see them and if you have issues with mental health the staff will pretend to care and penalise you for time off due to mental health. HR do not get back to any emails or phonecalls. None of the management show up half of the time and there is absolutely no social distancing.
You will be invited an inbound agent and pushed to cold calling within weeks, but they wont say that. Its hidden in your contract. You will feel seriously damaged and upset working here. Completely avoid.

The whole company needs closing down and not to mention the laws they have broken around social distancing.
Pros
Nothing at all
Cons
everything.
28 September 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We care deeply for our employees and put their health and wellbeing as our upmost priority.

We have a dedicated HR team in all offices to answer employees’ queries within the stipulated timeline and also to conduct Employee Connect forums with leaders at regular intervals. Robust social distancing measures are being followed to ensure we are in accordance with Government guidelines. We may require our agents to move departments from time to time due to fluctuating demand in calls, but will offer you support in this transition.

We understand that working in a fast-paced environment can be difficult some days and we endeavour to provide continuous support both on and off the floor. We hope you knew about our Employee Assistance Program, which provides support, counselling and advice on all life matters. In addition to that, Mental health first aiders are available onsite who could help you to manage work-life challenges.

We provide ample opportunities to all our employees to give us feedback in all stages of their employment both anonymous and one-on-one, including a direct line to the Vice President of Operations, should you have concerns you want to be addressed at a leadership level.

We wish you all the best with your future endeavours.
Wasted 2 and a half years working there, most miserable job I ever had, minimum wage next to 0 chance of any sort of moving up in your job and even if you do don't expect much if any extra money. Company doesn't care about you only good thing is you get a good laugh, if it wasn't for going home for a quick smoke on my lunch I don't think you could ever made it through the calls and kept your sanity
Pros
Good craic
Cons
Everything else
12 October 2020
We are sorry to hear that you did not have a great experience during your employment with us. We work hard to provide a supportive work environment, and we are proud that the vast majority of our employees enjoy long and fulfilling careers with us. The compensation and benefits that we offer are competitive, and we ensure to be on par with the industry standards through our regular external benchmarking studies. Also, We take great pride having the majority of our leaders who are home-grown, and we do have a very detailed process of outlining career progression for our employees.
We always encourage our employees to give us feedback in all stages of their employment with us through their HR team and Employee Surveys. We have mental health first aiders on site to assist you if you have a tough call or need support and also offer a full employee assistance program. We hope you took the opportunity to feed your experiences back through these channels while employed with us.
Can be a, stressful job but I'm lucky to have a manager who genuinely cares for everyone in his team, during the lockdown he was in constant contact to make sure we were all fine and since returning back to the office I have felt really comfortable, the calls are tough but you learn how to deal with them and if you need help then help is there
Pros
Support is available, good manager
4 September 2020
Thank you for your feedback. We are delighted to know that you feel supported and valued by our team. As you rightly mentioned, during these difficult pandemic times too, our efforts have been to provide the same level of support virtually as well. A lot of our employees like completing their hours across four days so they can have an extra day off, but we do have a wide range of other shift patterns available, so you can work the hours that best suit you. Please discuss this with a member of our local HR and Management team and we will do our best to facilitate your request, if you have any further concerns do please give us feedback in all stages of your employment.
Wishing you a fulfilling career with Firstsource!
My teams, and their team managers where really good on the whole, but the bulk of the senior leadership team lacked an understanding of people’s personal lives and personal situations. Not a great support mechanism in place for the Contact Centre Managers. This may have changed as the senior management has changed. Attrition high when they needed it to be and low when they needed it to be, therefore taking the ability for me to manage my teams effectively away from me
Pros
Good salary at management level. Good colleagues
Cons
Senior leadership team don’t support the management below them as well as they should
16 September 2020
Thank you for providing your feedback. As part of our core value of employee centricity, we aim to provide a helpful and supportive work environment for all our employees, regardless of their level.
Our local and UK management team strives hard to support, motivate and empower our employees. We have plenty of feedback channels available, both anonymous or face to face. There is direct access available to our HR team and Vice President of Operations, should you want to address these at a leadership level. Regular and constructive feedback is required so that we can continue to improve the experience of all our employees and we hope you took the opportunity to feed your experiences back through these channels while employed with us, and we wish you the best on your future endeavours.
Management haven't done the job so not always able to help. Paid by minute of being logged on and off, any overtime at the end of the shift not guaranteed to be paid and expected to set up and be ready half an hour before shift time unpaid. Training was mostly useful but once on teams there was not enough support for the numbers of new staff taking calls.
Pros
trainers and support staff lovely and helpful
Cons
long and late shifts, very little parking
4 September 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback. Management is very much committed to motivating and supporting our employees; it is disappointing to know that this has not been your experience.
In regards to pay, employees receive payment based on actual hours worked, if their scheduled hours are not met for several reasons this will relate to their pay being varied (late to shift, overage on breaks or sickness etc.). Our agents will always get paid for the overtime they have worked,this will be paid at an enhanced rate once they have completed their contracted hours.

With regards to training, our training team dedicates enough time to nurture our employees by providing regular training and refreshers. We wish you had spoken this to someone in Human Resources Team or your Manager during your tenure with us. Nonetheless, we take your feedback sincerely and will do our best to improve. Also, we do have limited parking at our Warrington site and are continuously engaging with other local businesses and the council to secure more parking for our employees.
During the recruitment process, they don't tell you much, they push you into doing your background checks, then once they've done it and you want more info about the job they don't reply. You find out where to go for your first day about 2 days prior. Once there you do 2 weeks systems training which is terrible, it's not the train ers fault, they are brilliant, but the training material doesn't help you prepare in any way for the actual job. Loads of people left during training. You then go onto training on the floor and take live calls when you know absolutely nothing. This is embarrassing for you and the customers! The trainer tries to help but they're so busy you never get the help you need. If you're over 25 you probably won't fit in. It's full of kids. I'm only 27 but I felt very uncomfortable, everyone is rude. No one is adhering to social distancing. 18 year olds are shouting and swearing at lunch breaks. The job is relentless, customers are rude, which is expected within customer service but you get pay docked for going the toilet, you have literally 3 seconds between each call so you end up feeling dehydrated. They lie about the rota, then you work less hours during the week so you work longer weekends. Summed up, full of liars, kids, and no life! Oh and you'll catch something sooner rather than later.
21 August 2020
Thank you for taking time to share feedback.
We are sorry to hear that you found the role tiring at times, but we get it. Some days are great and everyone is happy, and other days can be difficult and complex, we know that. Which is why we work hard to make sure you are well supported on the floor and off. We hope you knew about our Employee Assistance Program, which provides support, counselling and advice. If you were ever feeling overwhelmed during your shift, we hope you know that you could reach out to our mental health first aiders, or simply put your hand up and tell you Team Leader that you need ten minutes away from your desk for a breather.

We have robust social distancing measures in place to ensure we are in accordance with Government guidelines.

We encourage our employees to give us feedback in all stages of their employment with us (from Onboarding till they leave the company) through their Managers, HR team, ‘Happy or Not’ stations and our Employee Survey, so that we can continue to learn and improve the way we work. We wish your experience had been more positive and that you might have informed us earlier in the process so that we could have addressed your concerns proactively.

We wish you all the best with your future endeavours.
Working here was the worst experience of my life, I would have rated 0 stars if I could. They do not care about your mental health unless you're lucky enough to actually get a manager who genuinely cares but most don't. The higher up staff are a joke and HR wants nothing to do with you. I have experienced bullying, and I have seen others be bullied as well as major sexist comments and racism and not to mention the homophobia being thrown around. This place did nothing but make my mental health worse lol :)
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
21 August 2020
Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback. Your experience is not reflective of the supportive, inclusive and fair environment we work so hard to provide for our people, and we are concerned.
At Firstsource, we encourage an inclusive environment that embraces and respects the diversity of our employees. Our Harassment and Bullying policy encourages employees to complain about harassment or bullying should it occur to them or if they are witness to any form of it and all such complaints are dealt with seriously and confidentially. We hope you had spoken with someone in Human Resources team regarding the same. However, we take your feedback sincerely and will do our best to improve.
Un organised bad management stressful staff moral rubbish .pay rubbish learnt nothing to stressful target driven disability staff didn't receive the correct help .too aid them in the job . attitude of company about disability was disgusting
Cons
Worked with some of the best people I’ve ever had the pleasure of meeting. Some management are very unhelpful and rude but luckily my manager was very supportive. Simple wage, plenty of overtime to top it up though.

Unfortunately had health issues and that affected my employment. Would love to return but had no chance of being rehired.
Pros
Overtime, good colleagues
Cons
Lack of work/life balance
toxic place, majority of employees suffer from mental health issues related to the actual job because it is so mentally draining, dirty conditions management is beyond a joke, there is absolutely no staff morale at all nobody that actually works there wants to be there. You only ever get told what you have done wrong no praise/encouragement at all, regular pay deductions for employees for going to the toilet and having time off the phones, when actually calculated you are being paid way below the minimum wage (thats if they decide to pay you) this place is a no go , you are better then this do not apply this place will soon be closed down due to the number of complaints they are receiving about treatment of staff. the hours are also the most awkward shift pattern ive ever seen its actually impossible to maintain a standard level of a social whilst working there, the shift pattern is designed this way to make sure you dont have any time to apply for a different job. staff is forever changing as they will employ anyone and then get rid of them before 6 months as they would then have to pay you more :) avoid avoid avoid.
Pros
Cons
everything
Thank you for your feedback.
We know that working in a fast-paced environment can be difficult some days, which is why we strive to make sure employees are well supported on the floor and off. We hope you knew about our Employee Assistance Program, which provides support, counselling and advice on all life matters, both work-related and in your personal life. We also have a number of mental health first aiders onsite.

We work hard to engage our employees, with regular fun activities, awards ceremonies and prizes for high performers.

The shift patterns are planned and communicated in advance to employees. We also ensure that there is adequate break during the shift duration.

We hope you used one of our feedback channels while employed with us as we actively seek feedback from all our employees through our HR team and Employee surveys.
high Job turnover, nothing positive to say to staff only negative, top sellers get down marked to avoid paying commission wasn’t paid correctly once neither was anyone else I worked with. Staff are nice and good social life once you make friends but can be cliquey.
Pros
Jobs easy
Cons
Long days, never paid right amount, always negative to employees
23 July 2020
Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear you did not enjoy your time working with us. We work hard to provide a supportive and fair environment and we are proud that the vast majority of our employees enjoy long and fulfilling careers with us.
If you ever had an issue with pay or bonuses, we hope you raised this with your Manager as we work quickly to rectify any issues once we are made aware.

We also encourage our employees to give us feedback in all stages of their employment with us through their HR team, Employee Surveys and ‘Happy or Not’ stations. We want regular and constructive feedback so that we can continue to improve the experience of all our employees. We hope you took the opportunity to feed your experiences back through these channels while employed with us.
Great people, most time was fun and training programmes like time to learn each mth where you get few hours off was great, had its ups and downs but I met some amazing people
Pros
Always making new friends
Cons
Repetive
23 July 2020
Thank you for taking time to share your feedback. We are happy to hear that your experience working with us was positive and reflects the environment we work hard to maintain.
As you know our Firstsourcers work hard, and we recognise that which is why we spend a lot of time making sure we also have some fun at work. We are also dedicated to nurturing our employees by providing regular training and development opportunities.

We wish you well with your future endeavours.
I seriously do not recommend working here as in every other workplace bereavement is a serious thing, unfortunately these people don't care how you feel😠
Pros
City centre easy to get to
Cons
Overall pain in the back side and treat you like your not human
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry to hear that your experience is not reflective of the supportive environment we work so hard to provide for our people.

The emotional well-being of our employees is a priority for us. We hope you are aware of our Compassionate leave policy – employees can avail this if there is a bereavement in their immediate or non-immediate family. In addition to that, we help our employees with our Employee Assistance Program, which provides support on all life matters, both work-related and in your personal life. We also have a number of mental health first aiders onsite.

As you will know, we encourage all our employees to give us feedback at all stages of employment, through the HR team, Employee surveys and 'Happy or Not' stations. We hope you took the opportunity to feed your experiences back through these channels while employed with us.
Training was a joke, spent more time playing games and quizzes than job related learning. While the trainer was friendly enough, his hands were tied due to higher ups being unsupportive and not giving him access to what he needed to actually train us.
The left hand does not have a clue what the right hand is doing.

On the "shop floor" itself on telephones the atmosphere is toxic from the top down. Management do not care about anyone but themselves and any young, vulnerable females on the team who they prey on, circling like vultures. I also witnessed a lot of bullying in my time there, while never a victim of it myself, seeing it and being unable to do anything about it as the bullies are either mates with managers, or worse are managers themselves so everything is brushed aside was demoralising.

This is not a career, this is not a job, this is sadism and a mix of psychological and emotional abuse at the very core of this site. I spent so long here because I had little other choice due to circumstance.
Pros
Nothing, wish I could give this play zero stars.
Cons
Long hours, terrible pay, poorly managed, cliques, dirty environment, everything really.
16 July 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback.
We are sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience during your tenure with us. At Firstsource, we encourage an environment which is free from any form of harassment. Our Harassment and Bullying policy encourages employees to complain about harassment should it occur to them or if they are witness to any form of harassment. All such complaints are dealt with seriously, promptly and confidentially. We wish you had spoken with someone in Human Resources team regarding the same.

We take your feedback sincerely and will do our best to improve.
I was in training department and my line manger hated me she move from another department to run training but did not have a clue what she was doing,
She made things that so bad I had to leave as she made thing so stress full,
Pros
Team leaders and manager are nice
Cons
Pay
Thank you for your feedback.

Our HR team work tirelessly and with our Firstsourcers’ welfare and

well-being as their top priority. If you had raised these concerns with HR, we are confident the matter would have been resolved. We are sorry to hear you decided to leave as the majority of our Firstsourcers enjoy long and fulfilling careers with us.

We wish you the best with your future endeavours.
Very stressful place to work. I should have guessed something wasn’t quite right- the building was pleasant and in the centre of town so easy to get to but at the interview was a formal chat and that was it- I got the job. None of my references were checked despite the fact the new job was dealing with customers confidential banking information.
Training lasted for a month- the trainer was a young guy barely out of his teens and spent We the new intake spent most of the day playing silly games and roll playing. We weren’t allowed to use the live computer banking systems so all the training was theoretical and not hands on. Once we went live on the floor we had a training group who was supervised by several floor walkers- experienced agents. We took calls and then accessed the computer to find the information.

The problems started when we allocated to a new team. The Team Leader my new manager was rude and aggressive. We were allocated crazy shifts, weeks of lates but no early starts like everyone else- it seemed unfair. the callcentre was busy and we constantly took call after call with no breaks, we had to solve the customers problem quickly and then move on the next call. It was extremely stressful because most customers were angry and I took too long to find the information. If I got stuck I put the caller on hold and was too frightened to speak to my manager who spent most of his day surfing the Internet and chatting up pretty girls on the team. I then asked the guy next to me for help. If he was oway or busy then I had nobody to help me. I began to make mistakes- was
 - more...
Pros
Central location
Cons
Poor pay
21 July 2020
Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear you did not enjoy your time working with us. We work hard to provide a supportive, inclusive and fair environment and we are proud that the vast majority of our employees enjoy long and fulfilling careers with us.

We understand that working in a fast-paced environment has its positives and negatives, which is why we work hard to make sure employees are well supported on the floor and off. We hope you knew about our Employee Assistance Program, which provides support, counselling and advice on all life matters, both work-related and in your personal life.

The emotional well-being of our Firstsourcers is a priority for us.

We encourage our employees to give us feedback in all stages of their employment with us through their HR team, Employee Surveys and ‘Happy or Not’ stations. We want regular and constructive feedback so that we can continue to improve the experience of all our employees. We hope you took the opportunity to feed your experiences back through these channels while employed with us.
I guess I'll start with the management team, the long and short of this is that they are incompetent bullies. Basically you are doing well you have get away with breaking every rule imaginable. On my last team there we had what were referred to as the "golden boys". One of the things that some of them did was turn up late and then have our team leader put it in as down time so they would still get paid. Or some times they would log each other in so that it would look like they were on time or to save a desk for them (major breach of GDPR which states that only you should have your password). I have seen other people end up in hearings or even getting dismissed for this type of thing. Another worrying thing is that most of the management team were painfully ignorant of the companies policies. They will put you on an improvement plan and not help you to improve. My manager had arranged a meeting with me for this but instead spent the whole meeting playing table tennis! They literally don't care what is going on it your life and how it may be affecting your work and any conversation you have about it is met with the standard going through the motions.They will openly talk trash about people with other managers hence why nothing ever stayed quiet in that place and your personal issues ended up in the public forum. I recall a couple of managers full on witch hunting people to remove them from the company as they had issues with them. They would literally dig through every bit of information and actively search out minor things to build a case to dismiss agents. I was happy when the - more...
Pros
5 minutes away from my house
Cons
Most of the management team a incompetent
21 July 2020
Thank you for your feedback, however we are very concerned.

Breaching any form of privacy or data protection is gross misconduct and all Firstsourcers have a responsibility to report any instances like those you have mentioned. I hope you brought this to the attention of management or the HR team, who would have dealt with this as a matter of urgency.

We also have a number of feedback channels, including a direct line to the Vice President of Operations, should you have concerns you want addressed at a leadership level.

In terms of the site itself, hygiene and cleaning has always been a priority, but has been further enhanced since the pandemic, as well as regular fogging to kill all germs and pathogens. As well as this we instruct all our staff who are sick or experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 to stay home. To ensure people protected themselves and others, at the height of the pandemic, we provided up to two weeks full pay for people experiencing symptoms of Corona virus so that they didn’t feel financially pressured to come to work while potentially ill with the virus.

Our canteen has undergone a recent transformation and is now managed by a new supplier with fantastic feedback from staff.

Your feedback is not reflective of work environment we work hard to maintain, and we will look into the claims you have made and take any necessary improvement measures. We take your feedback sincerely and will do our best to improve.
First of all there is a girl on the call floor who used to steal people’s food, my friend had her pretzels stolen whilst on her break. The company itself underpay their staff, after leaving the company I was underpaid by a significant amount, then when I was finally paid the hours I was promised I was taxed an extortionate amount, more than I’d ever been taxed before! Almost £100 for not even 2 weeks worth of hours. The pay in general fluctuated each pay as well, with pay being 5-10 hours out most weeks, it seems as though they just give you whatever they feel like each pay. This place is an absolute joke and they are disgusting thieves.
Pros
Cons
Underpaid, overworked, bad management
21 July 2020
Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry that you had an unpleasant experience with another staff member while working with us. We work hard to provide a supportive, inclusive environment and we hope that you brought this person’s behaviour to the attention of management or HR.

In regards to your pay issues, there are many reasons why your pay may not always be the same. As per your contract, you receive payment based on actual hours worked, if your scheduled hours are not met for a number of reasons this will relate to your pay being varied (late to shift, overage on breaks or sickness etc.). There are also times unfortunately when it’s a genuine system error. Management and payroll will work urgently to have it rectified for you as soon as they are made aware. With regards to tax, unfortunately, it is based on individual earnings and based calculated through the system.
Firstsource is not a great company to work for as they do not look after staff members as well as they should. The job itself is great because you get the chance to speak to lots of different people however management is not good enough.
Thank you for your feedback.
Your experience is not reflective of the supportive, inclusive and fair environment we work so hard to provide for our people, and we are concerned. We hope you used one of our feedback channels while employed with us. We actively seek feedback from all our employees through our HR team, Employee surveys and 'Happy or Not' stations – so we can continue to improve employee experience.
I like first source solutions ltd. It is an eco friendly unit then after 6months I have promoted as a flour support manager. Many shift time they will allocate. I prefer my suitable time.
Pros
Nill
Cons
Nill
9 June 2020
Thank you for taking time to write a review. Happy to hear that your experience was good while working with us.