FirstCol Services Ltd

FirstCol Services Ltd Employee Reviews

The company and the people who work in this company are really good, annd the team is great,I am really happy with the job.You can choose flexible hours and get good rate.
I've been working at Firstcol for a year now and I can't fault them at all. Worthing office is run by a group of young, supporting people. I've joined on part time basis and wasn't sure how I'll be able to cope with demands of the job and having a child at home, but I cannot thank them enough for helping me to create healthy work balance, and offering flexible working hours. Good place if you looking to progress with career too. There is also always
Pros
Flexible hours, ongoing training, room for promotion.
Great company that provide a rewarding experience. Training is initially provided and then opportunity to develop skills and experience further is given. Working independently but part of the team, making you feel valued as a staff member.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Weird hours
Great team work in the Worthing office and with staff out in the community. Communication is on point with thorough training on what to expect. Application process was speedy and I was able to work fairly quickly. Clients are lovely and a pleasure to work with.
Pros
Excellent Team
agency job where those who are known are favoured over those not known. no guarantee shifts especially if you are working on the agency and not home care side. performance feedback is not the best. loved the weekly pay especially for the agency side. training is ok but mental support for those working in the mental side is inexistent
When I first started working for the Worthing branch 2 years ago it was a happy place to work lovely staff in and out of office, now I feel under new management (with no management experience someone being only in care industry for 3 years themselves) it’s if your face fits if it doesn’t your hours will drop and cover ups happen due to friendships within the company office. A field care supervisor who thinks it’s ok to talk to staff and clients how he wishes. Plus points are lovely clients but who also feel unhappy with the service now provided, flexible working hours until you may need to change them.
I have been working this company for approximate four years and I have felt that we learn something new every day. I personally feel that I have got great opportunity to work here and grow myself personally and professionally. We have got exceptionally supportive Managing Director who wants everyone to grow and extends his support/ motivation for all the staff members. We have friendly culture in the company where we have staff from various countries/ ethnicity back grounds works, grow and enjoy the job together.
Pros
Excellent Company to join and work for
I’ve never had such an amazing management team that genuinely care about you and your wellbeing, they make me feel valued and apart of the team and there’s always an enjoyable atmosphere. I wouldn’t change my time here for the world, I have so many fantastic memories with all my colleagues and clients and each day is like another adventure. Definitely recommend working for this company
I honestly would not want to work anywhere else. All the staff are wonderful, both the carers I work with and the team in the office. It feels more of a family at FirstCol, coming together to make sure all of our clients and each other are well looked after. The office are very supportive and even through there are some very challenging days, there is always someone at the end of the phone willing to assist you. The opportunities available are endless. I am always encouraged to further my training with new courses or NVQ's. I have found that management notice your strengths and work with you to grow into a higher role within the company. The pay I feel is very good compared to other companies with the option to do overtime. I have recommended FirstCol to quite a few of my friends who have since joined us and have never looked back.
I joined in 2015 as a care coordinator and have had an amazing experience with Firstcol. The company is very supportive and has encouraged me to progress in my career here. The home care team has real friendly energy and is a very positive place to work.!
Firstcol is a very reliable company to work with , they support their staff with encouragement and give training frequently to make sure their staff is up to day and standard in represented to their client
Amazing company to work for, the office team are all brilliant and caring as well as professional and dedicated. Couldn't have asked for a better team !
I enjoy the fact that the company works around me and do their best to make sure that all my needs are met. I love the people I work with and enjoy the friendly environment that I get from delivering care to vulnerable people in their own homes. I find helping the elderly people very rewarding and going home feeling like I have made someone's day better for them.
working for FirstCol is different everyday, no two days the same, I learnt that I can be a people person and get on with most people, I don't like challenge but will face it and deal with it. I like to think I get on well with all my co workers, they often say I am good to work with and open. I hate to get things wrong and will punish myself more then anyone else will. I have been in the care setting now for over 26 years, I just love my job and I really enjoy training people, I would love for them all to go out and look after people the way I used too, I find the hands on care to much now due to my bad back and hips, but office suits me down to the ground, I still have input and still get to deal with the clients and see then at home, so for me its a win win situation.
Pros
open door policy