First Recruitment Services

First Recruitment Services Employee Reviews

United Kingdom17 reviews
Lack of opportunities
Very irregular opportunities with emphasis on low paid unskilled work.
Good for students but not for seasoned professionals.

Does allow flexibility.
Rude and insulting
Applied for a position, got a phone call from a lady who was not only rude and obnoxious, but also demeaning and patronizing with a tone of xenophobia. Very rude and unprofessional, literally hung up the phone to my face after insulting me and calling me in so many words a job hopper! I dont recommend, you look for a job that suits your needs and these people are supposed to help you find the right fit, but she wasn't interested.
Interesting
The work for First Recruitment is interesting because you see how the interior airplane cabin is being built, how the seats for the airplane passengers are created. The team there is great, but it's dangerous to work there because they use adhesives that are bad for breathing.
Good review
Good agency to work with.......plenty of hours....you learn new skills on the go... meet new people....the stuff it's always responsive to your needs.
Working
I have worked with FRS throughout the summer, and they have been great at finding temporary work.

They have good links to companies such as hardings catering and the south of england show.
Pros
great with contact
Cons
take a large cut of the wages
I would skip this one
Sadly i cannot recommend this agency to anyone, takes them long time to calculate your holiday hours, you need to chase them for everything, they don't respect your privacy, messaging and calling late at night, not treating everyone fairly for example they don't give everyone the same pay rise even tho your doing the same job as others, doesn't matter if you work hard or you are skilled.The only positive thing i can say that you get one hour break, and they pay you on time and the correct amount
Pros
Long break
Cons
Four weekly pay, long hours, weekend work
job which was advertised was not same
when I got job with this company it was not the same what was advertised when I started with the company .
was advertised as every other weekend off not true worked every weekend for five weeks as asst manager of charity shop in haywards heath only works Monday Tuesday and Wednesday .but when I spoke to first recruitment they say they are told one thing they only go on what they have been told but to them its money £££££ not some ones life.

I most say that the over all working for a charity in haywards heath as had lots of manager in the last 10 months as told from asst manager .be careful !!!
Pros
no lunch break
salesman & parasites
worked in Crawley via Horsham branch , work is work an agency like this is not going to get you a career , I was always paid however after certain time period your pay should increase......I ha had to remind them 3wks in a row.

Incredibly tight with pay & relentlessly apologising for copius repeated mistakes ; essentially unprofessional.

Would not recommend unless you are desperate.
Pros
Always paid
Cons
Reminding them of pay amendments, unprofessional
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at First Recruitment Services?
Can't fill in job description properly
Applied for job @ £16 ph only to find it was in fact a typo and job was £16k a year.2 weeks later,still advertising job for £16 ph.Useless obviously.I won't bother wasting my time
Unprofessional
I was also working for an Insurance Co in Haywards Heath, lots of positive feedback from the Company and despite being requested back by the Company and told to keep myself available for that time, First Recruitment despite knowing I was wanted back, placed someone else within the role who required training, costing the company an extra half day.
Terrible agency
This agency like so many, expect you to check their job boards and express an interest rather than they be proactive and call you regularly to check if still looking for work.
Pros
Cons
Lazy and disinterested staff
Rubbish agency
Rubbish agency, only care if you fill the job. Very sly when they find out you worked for someone else. Not professional , just want fill roles and their pockets.
Worst Agency I have dealt with FRS Brighton
Don't give any feedback about job roles you apply for
uncaring just a no to this agency to fill a job role

Avoid agency if possible
Pros
None i can think off
Cons
Unprofessional towards feedback for job roles
Professionalism
I was recruited on a temporary basis for a well know Insurance company in Haywards Heath. Think of adverts at the station.

All was well for 4 weeks, no feedback, good or bad, until I had calls and e-mails on Sunday TO NOT go back to work for their client on Monday.

I never got any explanation to as why,(other than circumstances had changed) and a month later I got my P45 with no explanation as to why this had been done.

My calls were blanked.

Totally unprofessional, and have involved certain government agencies as to gain a right for a truthful explanation to the whole affair. This will involve their client, for sure, as I know my employment rights.

Be careful with this outfit.
Uncaring office staff
Stock checking and reconciliation, moving stock physically and on system with hard copy. Investigation and locating missing stock.
Team Leader friendly and approachable, department manager unapproachable. Co workers friendly and informative.

Hardest part of the job was searching for missing stock within huge warehouse backtracking previous locations and all surrounding areas.

Most enjoyable was good communication of job knowledge and learning from co workers

I worked for first recruitment for only a little time. While working for them I felt like I was just a number, had no feedback from the job I was working on. I do not have any positive words to say about this agency.
Pros
Cons
Needed own car to get to warehouse location, no public transport
fun to work with
great place and great people.the job is very easy like you only have to put the bottles on machine.put the caps on and tamper sealing.
Pros
provides things you need like steel toe shoes
Cons
when the company is not busy, you ill not report to work
fun wor place
its ok long houers im working for flowserve its ok but after 2 years im still temp so i think its no fare
Ask a question about working or interviewing at First Recruitment Services. Our community is ready to answer.
2.2