First People Recruitment Employee Reviews

If I could give this job 0 stars, my god, would I!
Factory worker (Former Employee) –  Fareham, Hampshire25 July 2018
Firstly, if you do not speak the overriding language that this factory possesses then you will be ignored, pushed aside and be shouted at in waving arm guestures and random noises. Management on east side were lovely! (Man and woman) you don’t get to know their names if you don’t straight up ask them. But lovely people none the less, on the other hand, west side is the opposite.

This side consists of standing around waiting for direction as you have no idea who is in charge.
Being told to work next to or with machines you have no idea how to work or what you’re doing because who cares? Although I’m not fully aware as to whether you need to know how the machine works or what to do in the event of an emergency if you’re just putting sprinkles on cupcakes coming out of it.
Before being put on another side (there’s east and west) you are only shown one side, therefore as starting in eastside being put on west side I was unsure of where ANYTHING was, even a manager if I’m quite honest. I was never shown around or told where everything is, you don’t have the opportunity to wonder around to find your way which is acceptable as there is heavy machinery.
If a ‘direction’ is given whether it is directed to you as ‘come’ or a singular word ‘packaging’ you aren’t shown how to do it properly, so instead you’ll just be shouted at and spoken about untill you figure out the right way of doing it.
I personally felt that these issues couldnt be raised as there is a slight language barrier and atmosphere of ignorance even if you did arise such issues. This is most likely because staff
  more... are replaceable and targets need to be hit, miserable or not. I have NO idea who the main manager is or even who the little managers are (apart from east side and that’s with a guess).

The atmosphere is less than positive unless you show a happy upbeat spirit in which workers may take pity on you and give you a smile once in a while if you’re lucky! I have NEVER walked out of employment but I refuse to be belittled, confused, frustrated and have my hand slapped away as the word ‘stop or that’s enough’ is not part of their vocabulary. I don’t mind the language barrier as everyone deserves a chance and this does not effect my judgement of anyone. I was still lovely and welcoming to people who couldn’t communicate as well with me but the manners barrier is immense sometimes. No one is there for friendship, conversation or a smooth shift. It’s a ‘who cares, just get my job done and that’s it’ attitude which is fine, but not for £7 an hour. Lord, the pay puts into perspective how important this job is. Oh and the managers (If that’s who they are, I dont know) have favourites and those are all that they will talk to throughout the shift and give good jobs too, so good luck getting in their good books!

Don’t bother with the agencies out of hours service. I think calling to let someone know you aren’t in the building and haven’t signed out in case of a fire is a pretty important piece of information but apparently the receiver on the other end couldn’t care less. I was given the opportunity for priority shifts as I had been getting on well and hard working (recommended by the lovely lady manager on east side) but when I arrived i was told I was in fact priority to go home first? (I would be told to go home, not asked) How can you offer someone extra shifts and then be told that you’ll be sent home if not needed above regular agency staff.

This is not written to be defamatory but to inform people of how the company is and give my HONEST review as no one has reviewed this company in such depth before. Possibly as it has been deleted. These were my experiences and may not reflect that of someone else. The company may read this and amend the issues discussed which would make for an all round better company work ethic.
Pros
Making you work harder at education as to end up here would be a nightmare
Cons
Mediocre management, Language barrier, You must know how to do everything in the world because you won’t be shown what to do, pay is mediocre for this job, no conversation, frozen hands through frozen items no protective gear given
Terrible
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Fareham, Hampshire19 July 2018
Went in for 1st shift at factory only to be told once I paid out for bus and got up at 5am there was a mistake and not on the list and sent back home!
Pros
Cons
Bad communication.
productive and fun place
Production Operative (Current Employee) –  Porstmouth27 November 2014
Work is very good and interesting, You can learn there how baking and decorating. My co-workers is so kind and friendly. The harderst part of this job is lifting up a heavy trays. The most enjoyable part of this job is a friendly atmosphere and learning a new interesting things of this work.
Pros
free fruits every thursday
Cons
very less working days
enjoyable
Caretaker - Temporary contract (Former Employee) –  Chichester High School for Boys12 June 2014
Clean Velchile, maintacne of building and site, co-worker enjoyable to work with, locking the site up at the end of business.
Pros
making a change
Cons
non
Wide variety of work across multiple industries
Recruitment work, various. (Current Employee) –  Various18 March 2014
In the 3 years that I have worked for First People Recruitment I have been able to work multiple jobs, normally on short term contracts, and experience a working life within extremely successful companies, notably working as a host at festivals for Audi, and at racecourses across the country handling bets for Totepool.

I thoroughly have enjoyed my employment within FPR, they have been able to put me in a variety of job roles, sometimes working as part of a team, other times an individual. Whilst also working multiple roles which typically could involve me standing in one position all day handling bets, or moving around a large area (such as a festival) ensuring that VIP's get to their required destinations.

The only downside to working for FPR, was the fact that it was always short term contracts, working at events such as Goodwood Revival, or Festival of speed, and as the events only went on for a few days, the work was generally long hours.
Pros
Experienced working in variety of job roles.
Cons
Short term contract, long periods without part time work.
fun work
refuses collter (Former Employee) –  havant20 March 2013
early start early finsh it was a fun place to work made loads off freinds