Financial Times

Financial Times Employee Reviews

United Kingdom24 reviews
Great place to work. Very professional staff and considerate management. Strong team spirit. Lots of important training given to staff to develop their careers.
I interned at Financial Times during my university summer break. The management are kind and helpful and give you interesting jobs. Unlike most internships, they seem to take a real interest in you and what you want from your experience.
As an employer the Financial Times were brilliant supportive and caring when needed and always open to ideas, You always knew what was expected and there was always a colleague available to offer advice.
I was only there 2 weeks stop requiring a description to use this service.
The boss was really nice, had a relaxed working environment. I would recommend this place to a friend.
great place to work talented colleagues, great location, rewarding fast-paced work. On the frontline of the media it's an altogether amazing experience and well worth applying,
Great company culture, extremely motivated and dedicated teams. Digital has really picked up at the FT and become the centre piece of how they do business. Loved working there.
Very calm and motivating environment where all colleagues work in teams to achieve the groups common goal.A typical day contains some paperwork, marketing tasks and phone calls and meetings. I learned that teamwork made things so much easier to complete.
Pros
Some Early Finishes Depending On When You Get In
Depending which business area you're in.
Good life/work balance

General culture is good, some bad managers but that's no different to other large companies.

Advancement is limited as many 'lifers'.
Pros
Pension
Cons
dependant on business area
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Financial Times?
Engrossing, cerebral , engaging and very intense.One has to be very smart and knowledgeable about the topics they cover.The company is very cosmopolitan.
Pros
Very professional
great place to work
Agile Project Manager for the Environments Infrastructure Programme working with a variety of teams in infrastructure. Coordinated releases for each team attended CAB meetings and wrote release plans for the IT department and the Business. Implemented the Scrum and Agile process for those teams. Successfully managed 8 teams with different infrastructures.
Great support from colleagues on the same team and also from the editors and marketing team. Great opportunity to learn multiple aspects of the role and attend events.
Pros
Paid a weekly base salary then a monthly commissons on top
Cons
worked as a temporary and received one week notice to find another job due to change in process.
good atmosphere - workflow fine - all good yes very nice all nice easy job - not demanding - cultured folk and all that and all the rest of that and stuff yes
As my first job, I received a very high standard of training, especially in fact-checking, and invaluable exposure to the inner workings of an industry leading publication.
Great place to work because the people are great and there is a fantastic work social balance. However the pay can be poor and the bonuses also. Overall positive but don't expect to be a rich person anytime soon!
Such a great group of people to work with but a few too many managers with buy in slowing down projects, and salary is poor with no advancement opportunities
The Sales team at the Financial Times were a close-knit and friendly group. Our managers were well-trained and approachable and it was a great environment to hone your sales skills and lead development skills.
Productive and fun workplace without a doubt the best company I have worked for. Great company culture and work life balance.
Looked like a great place to work, shadowing my Dad for the week was great experience and there were many perks to the job. I would be very interested in trying to get a job their in the future!
Pros
Sociable job with good working hours
A very well informed organisation with agenda changing staff and real knowledge decision process. Offices are a little too small for the number of staff. Showers are not up to scratch
Pros
Fore front of change
Cons
Canteen
It is a great experience working in a fun environment where people are supportive. The editors are really helpful and understanding and everything works according to plan.
Not sure I could enclose any cons and pros in that regard. The FT is a fun place to live, people are warm and friendly. I am happy being part time working for the FT
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a