Financial Conduct Authority

Financial Conduct Authority Employee Reviews

United Kingdom24 reviews
A Great Place to work because of the people that worked there
My Role at the FCA was always going to be a challenging one.
The work culture was very dated and it took nearly 6 years to show any improvement. The reason why I stayed so long was, the people that worked there. They made the going into the office and the work itself a whole lot easier and more enjoyable.

I was there for 9 years in total and that was because, although I didn't really enjoy the role, the people made up for it.

Thankfully as I left things were starting to improve in terms of the Working Culture and environment so I think if your considering it, then go for it.
Productive and fun workplace
Enjoyed it all! Always kept busy with new and important work. Very technologically advanced, good monitor setups with a nice and healthy working environment.
Productive and opportunities to develop skills
Great place to work, flexible working approach, opportunities to enhance skills. The management is very helpful. There is also a sense of job security and provides excellent benefits.
Great work life balance and challenging work
Really enjoyed working at the FCA due to the varied challenging work and great, insightful individuals who you work with. The FCA are always keeping up with the times as it needs to regulates banks and new policies therefore you’ll always find yourself working on something that makes a change in the industry / forward looking.
Very Professional and good work ethic.
From training at beginning of employment all the way through employment great support from colleagues and excellent management.

Everyone included in social activities.
The hardest part of the job
The hardest part of the job was when we had to do a presentation on how the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) could improve there advertising to young children. We had to use our initiative to find out what current social media they used and how they could add to it and make more. We then showed this in a PowerPoint presentation. It was nerve racking presenting to the higher status people in the FCA.
Better than fost financial organisations
FCA has a good structure, with good processes and procedures in place, although they have changed over the years, and some are not all for the better.
Work Experience
I only did work experience and so feel unable to give a proper review of the company.However it was an enjoyable experience and give me an insight to many parts of financial conduct.
Very nice people
Had a lot of work experience and good training as a corporate security officer. Was also had the opportunity to learn some skills. The team spirit was great. The chief security manager gave me a lot of opportunities.
Productive and fun workplace
It was great working in FCA as an IAM Solution Architect I was responsible for providing all IAM related technical solution, design and deliverables for Gabriel security. In this project I was involved in:
• Analyzed the current setup and provided the GAP analysis

• Proposed the ToBe solution and providing the PoC for majorly the below 2 requirement:

O Integration of CAPTCHA with OAM & OIM for Forgot Password feature

O Customizing the OOB ADF task flow of unauthenticated flow of self registration page to add automated email containing one time use, unique and time expiry link for OIM forgot password feature,

• Providing the solution design and other technical deliverables.

• Solved the critical ongoing IAM related issues.

This was great work experience.
Great place, Great Bonus, Great People
The FCA has a real talented bunch of people. The management team drive improvements and encourage people to progress and provide the platform to do so. They have a bonus structure which I feel is very fair and gives you huge incentives to perform throughout the whole year. The work life balance is brilliant also.
Pros
The building is brand new, the people are brilliant.
Cons
None.
Learn and leave
High staff turnover as people come here to learn the basics and then go into industry for better paid roles - management are mediocre and backwards, poor leadership
Fun and Friendly Environment.
The FCA in general has a relaxed and friendly environment in addition to focusing on each individuals needs and requirements for a balanced and healthy work life. This is one of the reasons I enjoy working at the FCA as they are highly supportive in ways of working/flexible working. It is important each individual can benefit from flexible working to suit life at home too.

I do however feel that the FCA aren't particularly rewarding to their staff. We have good benefits but in general the social side to work, getting together as a company or even down to divisions are limited. The rewards are very basic and I do not believe staff are praised enough for the positive.
Pros
Flexible working.
Cons
Basic rewards, no great incentives.
poor place to work
having spent 6 months there it was worse place I have worked, management had no clue as to whats going on and hardly around to ask questions. no career path or progression. senior managers seem content keeping staff in their positions for long as possible
Pros
gym
Cons
poor management and lack of progression
The best three weeks of my life
I interned here for three weeks and it was an incredibly interesting job! I was never bored and kept learning things. While the experience was unpaid, I still had the best time!
Great Place to work
It is a great place to work, with a high work/life balance, great benefits and relevance of work one is exposed to.

Great colleagues, prepared and always ready to help.

Very capable management and executives.
Pros
Nature of work, work/life balance
Cons
Salary/career progression
Friendly and productive workplace
A brilliant place to work with a multitude of people with various personalities that are easy to get along and cooperate with. It's a really good area
Pros
Good Cuisine and employees
Cons
Travel Fares
Fca
FCA is a good place tolearn about regulations and UK FS industry. However, a lot of the learning depeends on individuals.

Good work life balance, Great learning, sense of contribution.

Slow career progression, low salary.
Great Place
Great Place to work, nice people, good benefits, interesting and dynamic work. I would recommend this as a place to work, great opportunities available.
An amazing place to work, gives a real sense achievement. Best job I have had so far. Truly passionate about what the organisation stands for.
Pros
People development
Cons
lifts
Supportive
Supportive colleagues

Good skills development scope

Broad knowledge about financial industry

Less scope to get internal transfers as per own choices or career progression plans

Long commute from home
Pros
Good industry experience
Cons
Long travel