Fieldfisher LLP

Fieldfisher LLP Employee Reviews

United Kingdom12 reviews
Great place to work, brilliant location for me to travel and fit in with my son being at school. Accommodating with hours. Overall happy but not much opportunity to move up
Avoid taking a job here. Team leaders need sacking and replacing with professional alternatives who know what work is, they will not ask for help with anything but expect you to when they have zero technical ability.
Pros
Centrally located
Cons
Management poor, particularly in DP
Lovely place to work with friendly and hard working co workers. Have to have a proactive personality in order. Good work life balance with effective management.
I was hired as the HR worker for Manchester, and within a month 80% of the London office was made redundant. I was on my own in the Manchester office and when queries came up which I needed assistance on, I would call the administrators in London. There was no policy / paperwork to refer to other than to call the London office and speak to the L&D administrator or HR officer. Then my fixed term contract came to an end and the Head of HR came from London to meet me in the Manchester office and said we won't be renewing your contract (it was FTC) as I ask too many questions!! I wouldn't have stayed there anyway. The legal secretaries in the Manchester office were lovely. The HR team in London were horrendous. When I have asked for a reference from them, all the team I knew there no longer work there. Whatever the issues are with that place, it wasn't my bad.
Pros
Cycle scheme, gym discounted membership, hours
Cons
Terrible management, no direction, no support.
Held back by it's ERP system. Firm has huge potential. Family spirited. Needs to be a bit more forward looking in it's finance function. Great friendly staff.
Temporary contract that was renewed several times, team put together to assist with data transfer and entry for new CRM system. We were verifying and correcting data entered into the CRM system and would respond to request from the users.
The day at Fieldfisher is very different from one day to the next. Full of lots of tasks to do and keeps me very busy throughout the day. My daily tasks includes ordering files for clients as well as delivering them to the client once they have arrived from the offsite storage company. I also do data entry for the clients files on the onsite database. I run various reports to show the KPI figures on a weekly basis for the senior team. I also present on a weekly basis the workflow to members of the leadership team.

I have learnt to be mature and build valuable skills in the corporate world and how certain clients have different needs and how to meet their standards that is required of me. Also learnt how important time management is and how you prioritise your day can help you in the future.

The management here is very open and fair and let you know when your doing well as well as when you need to improve in certain areas. Very transparent.

The workplace culture is great. Since been here for a short amount of time we have had four work gatherings where the whole company comes together and have drinks and socialise as one team.

The hardest part was when we had a big case and there was loads of data entry that needed to be done and they needed it away from their area which in turn made my space overloaded.

Job satisfaction knowing you have completed all your tasks you set out that day.
Pros
A decent canteen with an arrange of foods
Cons
Long hours.
I loved working here and found the staff, culture and environment brilliant. There is a lot of room to grow and they obviously value their employees. Would highly recommend this company.
I like working at Fieldfisher as it has a very friendly working environment and has a lot of resources to help you benefit from the company. A typical day is never the same, it can be fast paced and challenging at times but I enjoy working.
this was a temp emergency placement as the secretaries had a declines that had been moved forward and needed someone to help out. this including editing documents and files.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Fieldfisher LLP?
A mid-market City firm in London. Please contact me for my comments.
Fantastic company to work for. Co-worker and management were great.