Fenwick Employee Reviews

Team Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Retail Operations5 August 2019
Loved my time with Fenwick, fantastic people and very friendly, had the opportunity to take voluntary redundancy so i thought it would be a great time to re-train and move on.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Late nights and weekend work
retail
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne14 June 2019
typical retail, sociable hours and different shift patterns whilst working within various departments, gets busy, but helps the time go quicker and nothing to complain about
A varied, busy and enjoyable role.
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Tunbridge Wells, Kent24 May 2019
My position at Fenwick Limited, for the last three years until April 2019, was that of Customer Services Manager of a small team, based in the Customer Services Bureau.

It was a busy role, responding to customers' general enquiries face to face, by phone or email, in a timely manner. Managing the administration of customer and staff accounts. Maintaining accurate cash, till and foreign currency floats. Fulfilling management travel requests, Supporting and motivating staff.

Through this role I learned how to improve my management skills,whilst supporting my team, and also my time management skills.

Fenwick management were always most supportive and attentive, and the workplace culture was fun, whilst hardworking.

It was sometimes difficult multi tasking, with the varied roles in the Bureau, but the satisfaction got from helping and advising customers was a wonderful feeling!
Pros
A Pension, A discount Fenwick card
good environment to work in
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear28 April 2019
-the staff were very friendly , ensured that I was comfortable and knew everything when I started working there.
-I learnt many different skills and people skills with other staff and my manager.
-working here helped me to understand how to deal with customers and ensuring we get loyal customers back
-working in fenciwks was good when its buys as I feel like I work my best.
prison conditions
driver (Former Employee) –  Doncaster1 April 2019
Worst company to work for leave u at home hrs on end with out pay never tell u what u are doing the next day if the job is only 6 hrs thats what u get paid many times been up since 7 in morning then been given a 4 pm start you are on call all time u miss a phone call they dont pay u for that day the management have zero personal relationship skills u are watched all time on camera u are at the beck and call 24/7
Pros
zero
Cons
zero
Good
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Bond Street Station20 February 2019
Nice place to work. Good work-life balance, friendly staff although room for progression is dependent on position.

Would recommend to an individual aspiring to work in retail.
Motivating
Designer Retail Buying Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London18 February 2019
working in Fenwicks helped me recognise the values and loyalty within a company.
my team and management were very supportive of one another and always tried to help when necessary.
most challenging part was to climb up within the company.
Pros
working with buyers
Cons
not enough recognition
Great Atmosphere but a bit quiet.
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brent Cross Shopping Centre3 February 2019
Can be really quiet during the off seasons. Helps a lot if you know a decent amount about the brands you're selling.Easy to pick it up after a while and you can fit in fairly easily. The customers are great too.
Pros
Good employee discount, Great staff.
Cons
Horrible lockers
Productive, welcoming atmosphere
Sales Assistant (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Windsor, Berkshire15 January 2019
Friendly atmosphere, loved working here along with staff. I learnt how to manage stock in almost all departments. Loved working among staff. Management is very good there were hardly any communication problems. Hours were long but easily managed I did not mind as the workplace was a safe and enjoyable environment. I practiced my customer service and how to advise or guide customers .
Pros
amicable workplace
Cons
no cons
Too long ago
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne17 December 2018
No comment really, was a long time ago. From what i remember it was a relaxed atmosphere but i would have no idea as to what it is like now.
It was a nice friendly place to work, all the staff i worked with were always helpful, the shop floor staff were just the same and always give you a nice smile..
The managers were always polite and courteous with a good morning when they met you.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Great direct team and manager, on the go, fun
TED BAKER (Former Employee) –  LONDON, UK14 December 2018
Had a great direct team and manager, on the go, fun
Great opportunities for visual merchandising
Nice family vibe
Learned about cashing up, buying stock levels, management, visual merchandising
Pros
Discount on clothes
Cons
Had to work occasional weekends
Quite pleasant
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brent Cross, UK6 December 2018
Everyone is super friendly and helpful, nice environment. You get one and a half hour break every day and can always go grab some water or go to the toilet if you need to throughout the day.
Fantastic people, lovely store and good employers
Supplier Accounts Clerk (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London28 November 2018
My workplace colleagues became a family to me. There was never a moment when I didn't want to go to work. I loved my job and had great passion. I learned so many things over the 20 years for which I will be eternally grateful to Fenwick for giving me the opportunity to learn. I once learnt that positivity in the workplace attracts talent and impacts happiness and affects performance. This was the case and how I describe the workplace culture.
My most enjoyable part of the job was reaching goals and targets and the hardest part .....there was no hard part.
I learned that you are never too old to learn and the joy of gaining new skills is so very rewarding.
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear28 October 2018
Working at Fenwick was a great way to meet new people, and all of the staff have a very positive attitude towards working together. The benefits of the staff discount was always wonderful but the only issue would be poor management, of those who are always either being too stern airing of the side of scaring staff to those being too informal and inappropriate.
Pros
Good breaks, good discount, lovely staff
Cons
Poor management
Very good workplace
Senior Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Canterbury10 October 2018
Very stable company with friendly staff and very flexible. Future is looking bright for Fenwick with all the changes . The only problem is thier is not enough staff and struggle to to do daily takes due to this.
Job interview
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tunbridge Wells, Kent8 October 2018
Had a job interview about 2 and a half weeks ago now, have not received any information on whether I got the job and I was even given a direct number to the lady that interviewed me and she has not returned my calls, honestly gutted that I didn’t get a chance to work for this company as it seemed like a good opportunity
Cons
Don’t get back to you
friendly but not good benefits
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne12 September 2018
They were a well managed company to work for and the manager was nice. However I got the impression from fellow colleagues who worked there longer than me that they don't really care much for the employees well-being. They also only gave me £5.50 an hour with no discount and I had to pay for my own uniform.
Pros
safe, friendly environment
Cons
not great pay, questionable pastoral care
Pressured
Senior Buyer (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London5 September 2018
A quick place to progress but high pressured
Expected to support across category
Good management willing to help
There is a lot of travel
Focused of progression
Great place to work in retail.
Buyers Admin Assistant (Current Employee) –  Canterbury6 July 2018
Store life is hectic and enjoyable, Fenwick have given me many happy years office based with good management team.
i have been privileged to have worked for this Family and have made life long friends.
The hardest part of the job is the working hours which are long and retail has changed from Monday to Saturday to include Sunday opening along with Boxing Day.
I have enjoyed working for a High Class Department Store with amazing people from various back grounds.
Pros
Family Run
Cons
Long Hours
An experience to be had
Junior Stylist (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear28 June 2018
Mondays were training days so learning about cosh and all the theory of hairdressing, which is what I found fascinating as it involves a lot of chemistry and physics.We learnt the best way to blow dry hair with creating 100 percent damage care, We also learnt how to cut, color, perm and style. My managers were super friendly and easy to talk to if I ever had a problem i could speak to them. They also would take over training session and get involved which I though set a good example to fellow employees

The culture was different to what I had imagined it was very competitive but nothing I couldn't handle. Everything that should have been hard I found quite entertaining like time keeping between clients, it can be stressful however I never let things get on top of me. When the basing didn't work to would become unbearable, filling jugs up with water and what not to get there hair washed was embarrassing. Plus as we had over 12 stylist there would be so many customers in at once so it was hard when clients colours had to come off at the same time.

The most rewarding part of my job was definitely then end result of a happy client. When you can see how uplifted they felt about themselves when you've created a beautiful look together was just so overwhelming and I'm so grateful to have been a key part in the process.
Pros
after a year of working there you get 20% everything in Fenwick
Cons
Stood on your feel all day not enough money for the standard of work I had to do.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fenwick. Our community is ready to answer.