Fenwick

Fenwick Employee Reviews

United Kingdom133 reviews
The place was okay. Not the busy unless it was holiday season or special sales. The staff are okay, i meet long-life friends there but the mangers are okay, they take life too seriously which can make working there sometimes stressful.
Fenwick has a reputation of prestige. I came wanting to be part of that. What I found was a company that practiced outdated business strategies and kept its employees down with minimum wage for back breaking work thats incredibly stressful. I get paid less than everyone else on my department for the same hours work. Customers even comment on how bad the shop seems. This was before the lockdown. Very dissapointed.
Pros
What little staff they have all work very hard
Cons
painfully stressful shifts, low wage, many customer complaints are justified due to terrible service system
As an autistic and dyslexic person working here I struggled. The workload felt like a lot. You have to clean by yourself; staff canteen, main restaurant customer plates, glasses and utensils. There is also kitchenware and utensils. If you’re running late by 10mins with something you’re delayed till the end of your shift. Some days you can’t even take a break because of this!

I had two friends at work that I only saw once a week (I worked 3-4 times a week) and I was bullied by one of the chefs there because he thought I was forming a group or an army against him? I dont understand why I would. Reporting this issue to my manager or HR didn’t help. I felt that they didn’t have much power to do anything. I decided to leave because I got tired of going home crying and hating my life working there. No one cares for you, is what I learnt working there.
Great place to work management are good and helpful. The staff all pull together as one big team & the atmosphere is just great. I only wish that my job was a permanent one not a christmas temp
the culture is one of as long as you get your work done than you can be a bit more relaxed, but this does require your to put work in at the start in order to have gotten your work done.
Working at Fenwick has been a pleasure. I have made friends for life, and gained experience that has helped me grow in confidence. The management and workplace culture could be improved
It is 14 years since I worked for this company so I feel I can't give an accurate view of what it is like now. I worked in what was called the Banking Room counting the takings. This doesn't exist anymore. I applied for another position in the firm and was shocked to say the least at the then Personnel woman's attitude. She did tell me to keep it quiet but I had got this position then I found out she had given it to someone else. I found that there was a bullying culture among the staff. The best thing about the firm was the Final Salary Pension but they have followed many companies into revoking that. Also the staff discount at 20% was generous and they allowed this on top of sale prices eventually.
I use to work in a warehouse killingworth. I was enjoy my self when I’m doing the job. But I don’t know what happened. My agency told me not to go there anymore. I be honestly I love the job and I wish I can come back pls
Been working there only less than 2 months as a Christmas temporary. Overall great atmosphere, friendly manager and co workers. Pay is not great tho, not the worst too.
Pros
- great atmosphere - friendly management and staff - onsite cantine - employee discount
Cons
- retail hours shifts - salary
Full of undercover and openly racists who get away with murder.
Full of fake, deluded, stuck up, pretentious people

Full of Thieves who get away with all sorts of bad behaviour simply because they lick ar-se to the right people.

Very poor management and bullying towards actual nice staff members.

Hopeless place
Working as a Christmas temp.
* Enjoyed the job role

*Good team

*Great management

*Fantastic staff discount

*Areas for progression

*Helped in different departments when needed
A lovely place to work with nice people. Not so stressful. it was such a nice experience working with Fenwick.........................................
good staff members, always friendly, lots to do , great staff discount and good pension plan available.Good opportunities to advance to management,very busy learn to do a large number of different job's involving other member's of staff. good enviroment to work in , easy clothing uniform to wear, good clean easy to maintain the shop area/department where you work, easy ordering system from warehouse.
Many challenges to professionalise their IT culture and organisation. Need to address lack of process, tools, training and understanding of how IT can transform a company.
Bullied all the times. And no help from members of other department always micromanagin felt like being harassed all the time didnt want to be there any more.
A typical day in Fenwick is making sure the customers always comes first and they feel welcome on the department by given the best customer service at all times.
I was one of there 7.5 ton delivery drivers delivering anything from a pillow case up to American fridge freezers sofas and beds etc worked there for just over 8 years out delivering and in the warehouse unloading and loading lorries and also at the shop to help out on the loading bay at times . A good place to work fair and full of opportunities
Pros
Cheap subsidised canteen at the store
Cons
Don’t know what ure taking out from day to day some times two drops then some times 14
Absolutely loved my job at fenwicks and definitely miss it, the management who worked with me were amazing. Although I only worked on 1 concession so couldn’t speak for the whole shop.
I absolutely loved working at Fenwick because of my team were so lovely, and most of the customers were regulars and you were able to build a relationship with them. My line managers (the one I had when I left and the one before) were also lovely people but found difficulty in disciplining people, this was the same with the senior management. So if you needed to make a complaint about a member of staff, it's almost guarenteed nothing will be done.

There is a slight gossiping culture, but this is easily avoided if you are friendly with everyone and do your job.
Harrod’s of the North. Laughable. All fur coat and no knickers. Management treat staff like plebs. HR has become a red tape nightmare. Any sort of benefit is being slowly stripped away. Systems that are either archaic or constantly breaking down. No investment in the store unless it’s for front of shop. Behind the scenes is a mess. What once was good family company to work for is now a soulless place. Avoid like the plague.
Pros
Has an exit door
Cons
Waaaay too many!!!
Was ok place to work until last year. Changes are a plenty but for the worst. There was and still is a total lack of respect from what I hear by management towards its employees. From what I hear all benefits are being gradually eroded. There was never any chance of promotion and slowly but surely they are trying to get rid of long serving staff.
Pros
Making good friendships with fellow colleagues
Cons
Terrible management and long long hours.