FDM Group Employee Reviews

Read the fine print
Trainee PSO / BA (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow11 January 2017
Be very careful as after being recruited and trained, you may have to wait up to 90 days to get placed (if you get placed) throughout which you will not be paid. Make sure that you understand all risks beforehand.
Fantastic Training
Project Management (Former Employee) –  Glasgow9 January 2017
Fantastic training and coaching helping me to gain qualifications to progress my career. The office has some great characters and has a good feel and morale. My only real fault is the follow on and actually getting a placement of work. I was part of a course that has had a large percentage not being able to be placed and those who were placed were done through other offices.
Pros
Excellent teaching
Cons
Placements
Best and worst place I have worked all wrapped in to one
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  London Bridge Station, Greater London7 December 2016
Great culture of work hard play hard. This business is somewhat like a cult and I dont say that as a negative. I've never had so much fun as when I worked at FDM. Sadly the management rule by fear and each day when entering work is one of wondering whether you will have a job at the end of it. There is clear favouritsm towards a certain team of employees.
Pros
culture, fun, work hard play hard, great commission
Cons
management
Drill Camp and a lot of favouritism
Graduate Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee) –  London Bridge Station9 October 2016
It was an interesting experience to say the least! Consequently left due to staff bullying.

A large majority of the successful account managers are related to the CEO.

I didnt not get the impression that they valued staff and this was very evident from the huge turnover.
Pros
Cons
Not very supportive with staff and gradautes alike
Productive and fun workplace
Software Test Analyst (Former Employee) –  Leeds, ENG8 October 2015
I love working in a challenging environment and FDM Group provides just that. It is a place where you will be stretched and given all you could need to attain your goals. Its equally a fun place to work, equipped with all you may need to enjoy yourself while on break.
Pros
Modern office settings with amazing facilities
Cons
You are tied down to a two years contract after your training.
Great Oppertunities
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, London, Glasgow, Leeds6 March 2015
Busy and a vibe of productivity and learning.
You get out what you put in.
Hard work and determination are required.

Great Summer parties
Pros
Free Tea, Coffee and water
Cons
Long Hours and if not working in sales there are no perks.
good company to launch career
Junior Test Co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  leeds13 December 2014
FDM is a great company to launch your career within the QA sector , however from my experiance the company do not give you the oppotunity to progress your career futher , as a contracter you may be onsite with companys and may perform well and are asked to take on extra responabilitys and you may work your wayy up the chain of command within that company , when the contract ends FDM then need you out as soon as possiable back on another project for a different company and in my experiance you are then placed back down to the bottom of the chain this can be quite disheartening if you have put alot of effort in your previous role.
Pros
the company gives you the oppotunity to work in may high level blue chip companys.
Cons
you have to relocate if they find you a place.
Fast paced
Application Support Analyst ● IT (Former Employee) –  London8 October 2014
Award winning training. Highly recommended.
I learnt interview techniques,
SQL
UNIX scripting
OS Admin
ITIL V3 Certified
Productive and fun workplace. Lovely people.
Travel-Coordinator then Client Liaison Support (Former Employee) –  Brighton, ENG16 December 2013
What was great about the company was they wanted you to progress and move up in the company. In my time there I moved quickly from Receptionist to Travel Coordinator to Client Liaison Support. My typical day was extremely busy and fast paced and I often would stay extra hours but that was the nature of the travel role as people would often put in last minuet requests which had to be complete. I enjoyed going home at the end of the day feeling that I had achieved something as I ran the Travel by myself and it was a lot to take on.
Relaxing atmosphere, always some thing to do
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Brighton, ENG22 July 2013
A typical day would involve general admin duties as well as providing technical support to those in the office with difficulty using a piece of software as well as any errors. There we other duties such as assembling computers for charity as well as setting up company computers for use by an existing department. I learned to be punctual and to be effective at helping other members of staff in aiding in their problems. My co-workers seemed enthusiastic with their work and would find them very easy to get along with. There was no hardest part of the job, although there were times where their was little to do but was enjoyable when a task came up.
Pros
Free lunch