FDM Group Employee Review

Modern Day Slavery
Consultant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London15 February 2019
Been a consultant here for a while now.

Honest review, it's a place that exploits powerless, insecure and inexperienced (honest) graduates, who are trying to find their feet.

The placements can be quite extraordinary, given you have the ability to work with some of the worlds biggest institutions.
Ability to travel abroad (my first placement was for an investment bank abroad).

But here's the the best part, while abroad, or anywhere with FDM for that matter, you'll be kept on the most shoestring salary for what you do that you will struggle greatly to make ends meet.

For example, i'm currently being paid around £25000 for a placement with a big Global Bank in London City Center. I happened to come across some concrete information that FDM charge me out to this client at £350 a day - that's close to £85000 a year.

While FDM are upfront about the pay, they're not up front as to how badly they underpay you for what you do, and for what they make out of you, which i'm still reeling from.

Their training fee is valued at up to £20000 if you renege on your contract somehow, I can honestly tell you, 95% of the courses you do, consist of PowerPoint presentations that are just chocked full of text. I have personally purchased E-Learning courses in my own personal time which are no more than £50 and successfully cover far more than anything FDM Training does and of much greater value to learning.

To sum up the experience, you are a battery chicken, they will put you through your paces to get what they want out of you, you'll be their circus monkey while you're within
  more... your 2 year contract, be prepared for it.

BUT, there is a caveat, if you truly show value wherever you go, there is a high chance of setting up your future for good. Albeit this can be said for anywhere, not just FDM.

However, after your first 2 years, if you choose to go down this road and sell your soul for this amount of time, will quite possibly be some of the most difficult experiences of your life thus far. But if you make it through, network along the way and add value wherever you go, there's a high chance a client will take you on internal (I have seen this personally happen to some consultants I worked with at the end of their 2 years), or that you can secure work that is vastly better paid. (I personally know ex-FDM consultants who have walked into £500 / day contracting roles within 2 years of them leaving FDM).

While this sounds great, be sure to ask yourself if you want to sell your soul to gain this, because you truly will have to if you choose this path.

Account managers will force you to take roles that you don't like or have no interest in to meet their quotas / earn their commission. Because warned, if you are not proactive in pushing for roles you'd like with the right people, you will be dumped into a brain-numbing company / role somewhere and forgotten the moment you are on client site, apart from to chase you for timesheets. Be prepared to brave nee experiences solo, it often happens, especially when you're placed abroad (you have a choice in this)
Pros
Clients / Placements
Cons
Extremely low pay for what you do, middle management at FDM is horrendous, training valued far greater than what it actually is, you are just a resource, / number / statistic you're sold away by account managers into positions you dont want.

Other FDM Group Employee Reviews

Client cover up in the lines of ABUSE
IT Consultant (Former Employee) –  London Bridge Station, Greater London3 July 2019
They need to protect employees, stop using people like pawns, it's inhuman and unethical. Bunch of Hypocrites. Useless excuse of a company that promotes abuse.
Pros
No pros as far as I can tell it's a waste of time.
Cons
-They don't care about their employees, you report abuse and they cover up for the client and falsely accuse you, and dismiss you with no evidence. - They took 5 months to plot the dismissal, due to lack of evidence of allegations they were trying to pin on me, as a way to cover up for the client. - They try to buy you out, for your silence. - They don't pay good salaries.
Don’t work here
Graduate Trainee (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow3 July 2019
wouldn’t recommend the graduate scheme be pretty much forced to stay for the 2 years or get hit with the training fees left to pay off in the 20k area
Pros
Cons
company and pay itself