FDM Group Employee Review

Only join if you like playing roulette
IT Consultant (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh11 March 2019
Joined FDM after a friend had a good experience with it. Trained to become a BA and am now working on client site.

FDM is the definition of playing roulette with your career with no control of where you go. I was lucky but half my friends got sent to places they didn't want (but we all knew the risks when we joined). Spin the wheel if you're feeling lucky, just remember you'll be eating cheese sandwiches for lunch because 60% of your salary will be on paying for your rent.

Pay is terrible (exactly what others have said, you get about 30% of the day rate FDM charges) - you know the pay before you join but don't realise the cut FDM is making (wonder why their share price has continued to shoot up year on year). There are no benefits to write home about (child care vouchers for a graduate scheme, nice one FDM). Got another year left on this "community service" and hopefully will be made permanent with the client.

However, that said, I wouldn't have had the opportunity if I went out by myself. I feel like I owe FDM for my career, but why not just pay grads an extra £5-10k? I'd actually feel loyal to FDM. Right now, I can't wait for my 2 year bond to be finished and leave.

This isn't a consultancy company, but a glorified recruitment firm that skims more than it should at the expense of having good contacts in the industry. Spin the wheel, what will you land on (if anything)?

Other FDM Group Employee Reviews

Client cover up in the lines of ABUSE
IT Consultant (Former Employee) –  London Bridge Station, Greater London3 July 2019
They need to protect employees, stop using people like pawns, it's inhuman and unethical. Bunch of Hypocrites. Useless excuse of a company that promotes abuse.
Pros
No pros as far as I can tell it's a waste of time.
Cons
-They don't care about their employees, you report abuse and they cover up for the client and falsely accuse you, and dismiss you with no evidence. - They took 5 months to plot the dismissal, due to lack of evidence of allegations they were trying to pin on me, as a way to cover up for the client. - They try to buy you out, for your silence. - They don't pay good salaries.
Don’t work here
Graduate Trainee (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow3 July 2019
wouldn’t recommend the graduate scheme be pretty much forced to stay for the 2 years or get hit with the training fees left to pay off in the 20k area
Pros
Cons
company and pay itself