FDM Group Employee Reviews for IT Analyst

Client cover up in the lines of ABUSE
IT Consultant (Former Employee) –  London Bridge Station, Greater London3 July 2019
They need to protect employees, stop using people like pawns, it's inhuman and unethical. Bunch of Hypocrites. Useless excuse of a company that promotes abuse.
Pros
No pros as far as I can tell it's a waste of time.
Cons
-They don't care about their employees, you report abuse and they cover up for the client and falsely accuse you, and dismiss you with no evidence. - They took 5 months to plot the dismissal, due to lack of evidence of allegations they were trying to pin on me, as a way to cover up for the client. - They try to buy you out, for your silence. - They don't pay good salaries.
Only join if you like playing roulette
IT Consultant (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh11 March 2019
Joined FDM after a friend had a good experience with it. Trained to become a BA and am now working on client site.

FDM is the definition of playing roulette with your career with no control of where you go. I was lucky but half my friends got sent to places they didn't want (but we all knew the risks when we joined). Spin the wheel if you're feeling lucky, just remember you'll be eating cheese sandwiches for lunch because 60% of your salary will be on paying for your rent.

Pay is terrible (exactly what others have said, you get about 30% of the day rate FDM charges) - you know the pay before you join but don't realise the cut FDM is making (wonder why their share price has continued to shoot up year on year). There are no benefits to write home about (child care vouchers for a graduate scheme, nice one FDM). Got another year left on this "community service" and hopefully will be made permanent with the client.

However, that said, I wouldn't have had the opportunity if I went out by myself. I feel like I owe FDM for my career, but why not just pay grads an extra £5-10k? I'd actually feel loyal to FDM. Right now, I can't wait for my 2 year bond to be finished and leave.

This isn't a consultancy company, but a glorified recruitment firm that skims more than it should at the expense of having good contacts in the industry. Spin the wheel, what will you land on (if anything)?
Great place to start my career
IT Consultant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester2 May 2018
Fantastic place to start your career and work with other skilled individuals trying to get their foot in the professional world.
Job security and salary are less than ideal for anybody with any dependants.
Pros
Oppertunity
Cons
Salary
experience building and collaborative.
IT Consultant (Former Employee) –  London8 February 2018
A great stepping stone to gain insight and experience into IT consulting. The company has a large range of clients, with an array of roles and opportunities available.
Worst start of salary in the industry
IT Consultant (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire18 June 2017
PROS
Training is free and industry relevant.
Summer parties are free for food and beer.
Camoradrie with fellow Consultants.
CONS
Account managers and recruiters are sales driven for bonuses.
You never actually work for fdm they just hire you out and train you when their clients no longer need you.
Reduced rate when your back training.
You could go 6 months without pay.
Basic training is average at best.
Pay equates to minimum wage or less if you factor in the training.
You only receive around 20 to 30 percent of what fdm hire you out for.
£20000 debt if you leave before your 2 years is up reduced with amount of time spent with the company.
£20000 can be imposed if your fired and it's not your fault i.e. Fdm reducing numbers because of the job climate.
Train you in an IT role but that may not be the role you are sent to interviews for.
No time to prepare for interviews.
Very little support on site.
Very little feedback.
Pros
As above
Cons
As above
Good graduate programme
IT Consultant, Aviva (Current Employee) –  Bristol7 June 2017
FDM provides a good place for graduates to get high quality experience with well-known companies. They provide extensive at their academies that give you the confidence to fit in wherever you may be placed.
Pros
Training, travel expenses, great clients, great experience and competitive salary.