FDM Group Employee Reviews in London

Modern Day Slavery
Consultant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London15 February 2019
Been a consultant here for a while now.

Honest review, it's a place that exploits powerless, insecure and inexperienced (honest) graduates, who are trying to find their feet.

The placements can be quite extraordinary, given you have the ability to work with some of the worlds biggest institutions.
Ability to travel abroad (my first placement was for an investment bank abroad).

But here's the the best part, while abroad, or anywhere with FDM for that matter, you'll be kept on the most shoestring salary for what you do that you will struggle greatly to make ends meet.

For example, i'm currently being paid around £25000 for a placement with a big Global Bank in London City Center. I happened to come across some concrete information that FDM charge me out to this client at £350 a day - that's close to £85000 a year.

While FDM are upfront about the pay, they're not up front as to how badly they underpay you for what you do, and for what they make out of you, which i'm still reeling from.

Their training fee is valued at up to £20000 if you renege on your contract somehow, I can honestly tell you, 95% of the courses you do, consist of PowerPoint presentations that are just chocked full of text. I have personally purchased E-Learning courses in my own personal time which are no more than £50 and successfully cover far more than anything FDM Training does and of much greater value to learning.

To sum up the experience, you are a battery chicken, they will put you through your paces to get what they want out of you, you'll be their circus monkey while you're within
  more... your 2 year contract, be prepared for it.

BUT, there is a caveat, if you truly show value wherever you go, there is a high chance of setting up your future for good. Albeit this can be said for anywhere, not just FDM.

However, after your first 2 years, if you choose to go down this road and sell your soul for this amount of time, will quite possibly be some of the most difficult experiences of your life thus far. But if you make it through, network along the way and add value wherever you go, there's a high chance a client will take you on internal (I have seen this personally happen to some consultants I worked with at the end of their 2 years), or that you can secure work that is vastly better paid. (I personally know ex-FDM consultants who have walked into £500 / day contracting roles within 2 years of them leaving FDM).

While this sounds great, be sure to ask yourself if you want to sell your soul to gain this, because you truly will have to if you choose this path.

Account managers will force you to take roles that you don't like or have no interest in to meet their quotas / earn their commission. Because warned, if you are not proactive in pushing for roles you'd like with the right people, you will be dumped into a brain-numbing company / role somewhere and forgotten the moment you are on client site, apart from to chase you for timesheets. Be prepared to brave nee experiences solo, it often happens, especially when you're placed abroad (you have a choice in this)
Pros
Clients / Placements
Cons
Extremely low pay for what you do, middle management at FDM is horrendous, training valued far greater than what it actually is, you are just a resource, / number / statistic you're sold away by account managers into positions you dont want.
Great opportunities if you sell your soul
Consultant (Former Employee) –  London24 May 2018
FDM provide great opportunities but require you to relocate on a sub standard sector salary after going 3 months without pay, the staff apart from tutors are really not up to standard and account managers will blackball you if you don't like the position they offered you.
Pros
Great Opportunites
Cons
Everything else
experience building and collaborative.
IT Consultant (Former Employee) –  London8 February 2018
A great stepping stone to gain insight and experience into IT consulting. The company has a large range of clients, with an array of roles and opportunities available.
Lots of Learning
Risk, Regulation and Compliance Analyst (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London16 January 2017
The work life at FDM is great as everyone is a graduate around you. During my time there I managed to establish many connections with people and learn a lot of new skills. I learnt SQL, excel with VBA and finally risk, regulation and compliance analysis.
Great Oppertunities
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, London, Glasgow, Leeds6 March 2015
Busy and a vibe of productivity and learning.
You get out what you put in.
Hard work and determination are required.

Great Summer parties
Pros
Free Tea, Coffee and water
Cons
Long Hours and if not working in sales there are no perks.
Fast paced
Application Support Analyst ● IT (Former Employee) –  London8 October 2014
Award winning training. Highly recommended.
I learnt interview techniques,