FDM Group Employee Reviews in Leeds

FDM Recruiter
Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) –  Leeds18 September 2017
I have enjoyed myself at FDM but the ability to progress and advance is very limited. It would be fair to say that I was mismanaged and had the misfortune of receiving a minor number of appraisals during my time there.
Worst start of salary in the industry
IT Consultant (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire18 June 2017
PROS
Training is free and industry relevant.
Summer parties are free for food and beer.
Camoradrie with fellow Consultants.
CONS
Account managers and recruiters are sales driven for bonuses.
You never actually work for fdm they just hire you out and train you when their clients no longer need you.
Reduced rate when your back training.
You could go 6 months without pay.
Basic training is average at best.
Pay equates to minimum wage or less if you factor in the training.
You only receive around 20 to 30 percent of what fdm hire you out for.
£20000 debt if you leave before your 2 years is up reduced with amount of time spent with the company.
£20000 can be imposed if your fired and it's not your fault i.e. Fdm reducing numbers because of the job climate.
Train you in an IT role but that may not be the role you are sent to interviews for.
No time to prepare for interviews.
Very little support on site.
Very little feedback.
Pros
As above
Cons
As above
Great provided you have no preference regarding where you work.
Software Development Trainee (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire12 April 2017
- Great if you have no preference regarding where you work.
- Not so great if you have any preferences whatsoever.
- The training you receive is usually of very high standard.
- Only travel costs paid during entire time at FDM until you start your first placement, so wages are nil.
- Hours required to be in the office during training at 8:45 to 5:30.
- Finding a placement is not very well organised, which on multiple occasions led to me finding out I had an interview in a different city late at night outside work hours for the following day.
- The company only placed 25% of our intake before the 90 days were up.
Demanding workplace
Training Officer (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire13 March 2017
This is a demanding workplace which can easily take up more time than is paid for. Giving extra is not always recognised or taken into account and free time is a premium.
Pros
Rewarding working with people
Cons
very long hours
Great company
Academy Administrator (Current Employee) –  Leeds10 February 2017
Maintains a family-like community, absolutely love working for FDM. It is just unfortunate that I am ready to progress and they currently have nothing to offer me. Would have loved to invest my career into FDM.
Pros
The team is great
Cons
Not very many extra benefits.
Productive and fun workplace
Software Test Analyst (Former Employee) –  Leeds, ENG8 October 2015
I love working in a challenging environment and FDM Group provides just that. It is a place where you will be stretched and given all you could need to attain your goals. Its equally a fun place to work, equipped with all you may need to enjoy yourself while on break.
Pros
Modern office settings with amazing facilities
Cons
You are tied down to a two years contract after your training.
good company to launch career
Junior Test Co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  leeds13 December 2014
FDM is a great company to launch your career within the QA sector , however from my experiance the company do not give you the oppotunity to progress your career futher , as a contracter you may be onsite with companys and may perform well and are asked to take on extra responabilitys and you may work your wayy up the chain of command within that company , when the contract ends FDM then need you out as soon as possiable back on another project for a different company and in my experiance you are then placed back down to the bottom of the chain this can be quite disheartening if you have put alot of effort in your previous role.
Pros
the company gives you the oppotunity to work in may high level blue chip companys.
Cons
you have to relocate if they find you a place.