Farmfoods Ltd Employee Reviews

Good work
Shop Floor Assistant (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Stockport16 October 2019
Was good working at farm foods, but manager was always moaning. She moaned whenever I didn't do work but I never got much help as I always had customers and barely any time to put stock on shelves.
Not the best
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom9 October 2019
It's an alright workplace if you're a student but even so it's very very basic pay. I don't know about other stores but from my experience shop lifters were constantly in and out and because there was no security in check this was highly dangerous and even if stuff got stolen without our knowledge management would point the finger solely at us as it would be "our responsibility"... very gossipy and nothing professional whatsoever from management as things which were meant to be kept confidentially were told to not only the workers but even some of the customers!! In all fairness holidays were set out which I liked but I just think unrealistic targets are set to the workers which puts in a h*ll lot more pressure for them considering they are already dealing with various other pressures like not seeing family as much because of long shifts and minimum wage pay.
Terrible
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wrexham7 October 2019
I recently worked at Farmfoods for my first job and it was terrible. I was hardly trained, so everything I did was self-taught. I was always put on the tills and made to stand up for 8-hour shifts. Management was extremely unprofessional and hardly did anything while we retail assistants were always made to do the hard work. I wasn't given a break unless I asked for one. The manager that hired me left shortly after and didn't tell the new manager that I was employed which led to a lot of confusion. I was made to bring my documents twice because management 'lost' them. On my last day at the company, they made me come in at 8 am to stock up the freezers before dismissing me two hours later without notice for 'not working hard enough'. If you are looking for a stable job with a stable income, this is not the job for you.
Great company
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Sutton, Greater London3 October 2019
Having worked for sainsburys, tesco and morrisons for (in total) 26yrs Farmfoods is the better....treated like a human not a robot or number....no complaints and great company!
wouldnt let my dog work there
Supervisor role (Former Employee) –  Hillington, Glasgow3 October 2019
until recently I wa a supervisor in farmfoods
i have to say that my retail experience is extensive but this company without doubt is the worst I have ever worked for in my 40 year experience no training bullying backstabbing all I a daily shift take my advice defo look and where else anywhere but there
Pros
Cons
lots
Lesson learned
Retail Assistant (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Paisley30 September 2019
If your looking for 5 star depression and love working with nippy old woman then your right at home .

I would rather pipe off the postman daily than go back to that tragic environment..

People say “ a jobs a job “ n yeh that is true but this is not the job you want..
But yeh never no you might like it
Sales Assistant 2014-2019
Retail Assistant full time (Former Employee) –  Hanley, Staffordshire29 September 2019
All I can say is if your offered a job with this company please think about it if you want to be treated like a dog then it’s the job for you. No family time no life stocktake after stocktake on a Saturday night 12 hour split shifts. Big stores working one on one which I thought was very dangerous the shop lifters have a field day.stuck on a till for 8 hours no one prepared to take you off for a change. I don’t know how I stuck it for just over 5 years. Best thing I ever did was to get out leave. I now have a life again I’m happy again.
Worst job in history
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Inverkeithing, Fife24 September 2019
Worst job the manager lenette is a complete waste of space she is not a manager don't no why management hired a complete waste of space and a bully. She has no people skills and likes to belittle her staff constantly to make her self feel better she's a complete cow don't waste your time going here not worth the hassle.
Suitable for a younger person
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort William, Highland24 September 2019
Very heavy work load, area manager makes working there very hard & didn’t take into account my Multiple Sclerosis & how it affected my work load. Cut the staff to 2 per shift, which really was unachievable
Terrible
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  East Midlands19 September 2019
Wasted a year of my life working for this absolutely awful company.
Absolutely no work life balance whatsoever
Expecting miracles and if your not putting in 60/70 hours your deemed lazy!
I would rather be on the dole
No complaints what's so ever
HGV Class 1 Driver (Former Employee) –  Warrington15 September 2019
I used to work at farm foods hgv one driver in warrington unfortunately I had a head injury and lost my licenses but have my car licence back. I would still be there now only for my head injury I think they are a excellent company to work for they looked after me while I was off work
Fast paced + Friendly
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  North East15 September 2019
Enjoy working at farmfoods, staff are all friendly and mainly good workers. Farmfoods allow you to progress within your career with them. Salary could be improved!
Alright job.
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Cumbernauld, North Lanarkshire10 September 2019
Worked for company for 12 years. It's okay if you want a dead end job. No advancement unless your a favorite. Too much favoritism. New full time contracts have to work weekends so don't believe what they say. OT also pays single time. That's if their is OT as their always looking ways to cut costs. You don't walk out with 380 a week. A lot of rubbish. Maybe 310-320. Dry goods. One 30min break. Cold store regular breaks. Free lunch with cold store. So save money on lunches.
This place ENTIRELY depends on management.
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Long Eaton10 September 2019
I had a lot of issues working here, but all of them was ONLY because of my last manager when I was working there. And that's because he didn't care about anything other than pleasing his superiors. He would shout, yell and get on your nerves for even facing something the wrong way. Most staff aren't like this, but one rotten apple as they say.
Excellent learning environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Midland8 September 2019
Good if you have the right attitude to work hard and learn. Expectation is high from senior managers and support is good in the most part - Staff turnover remains very high though.
Pros
Autonomy
Cons
People
Supervisor
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Glasgow5 September 2019
Rushed training, no time for breaks if in a management position and a negative energy from other employees. Most of the staff where stressed and unhappy.

Lasted only a couple of months.
Productive and fun workplace
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Accrington, Lancashire2 September 2019
Overall, working at Farmfoods was productive. A typical day would include stacking shelves, cleaning out freezers and filling them with new stock and serving customers at the til.

The hardest part of the job was mainly cleaning out the freezers, as the gloves don't really help and the cutting knives for the cardboard boxes break easily so would often have to rip them open with our hands. Usually going home with painful blisters.

The colleagues created a fun environment to work in. Really friendly and fun.
Overbearing tyrannical workplace
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen27 August 2019
It is a hard place to work at, there is a culture of blame. There is constant pressure from management to meet unrealistic targets. Everything is always our fault.
A Joke
Slave (Current Employee) –  Swindon, Wiltshire23 August 2019
I currently work at farmfood, hopefully not for much longer! Its slave labour, the management are a joke!! They are back stabbers, they tell everyone things that have been told to them in private, one is racist!! They are so laid back that it's not worth them actually coming into work! The ordering is unbelievable, the rotas are unreal, they never ever clean, everything is dumped on us! I work so much overtime and never asked, worst job ever
Pros
Cons
Joke
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Livingston22 August 2019
Great place to work,management great staff great fun but busy place to work kept going through out shift.rotas done on 3week basis so can plan your days off.
Pros
Great team
Cons
Stock taking

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Farmfoods Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8