Farmfoods Ltd Employee Reviews

Farmfoods
Cashier/Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Southend25 May 2018
The job was good, hours were good. Left due to college commitments. great staff, friendly and affordable food.

would work there again, however the pay was not a lot it was my second job and I was on a lower salary due to age,
Pros
Good Hours
Cons
Not Enough Pay
Not a good place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Sale, Greater Manchester24 May 2018
Loyal employees not rewarded, having been the assistant manager of the store for years, with no store manager in post, was never given the opportunity to apply for the position. Best decision ever to leave
General workplace
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stonehaven29 March 2018
Staff are nice but not as friendly as expected, managers always expect more from the staff than what is capable at that moment in time. Overall the company needs to look over things
Farmfood ltd
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Blackburn18 March 2018
I loved working there it was my actual first ever job it has fought me very good customer service skill and it was the best job I ever had I had to leave due to me having a baby with my partner
Pros
Not a lot of lunch brake
Cons
Good hour
I really enjoyed working there very much
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Aberdare, Rhondda Cynon Taff28 February 2018
The work was very good the staff was very helpful I meat great people the manger was the nices person you would like to meet and i really enjoyed work there
Pros
Enjoying working there
Cons
And a good wage
Upper management terrible. Corrupt company
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire27 February 2018
Very underappreciated. No time for a social life. 13-14 hours shifts to get everything done that is asked of you including voluntary hours. Not a word of thanks from higher management. Even retailers contacted hours are cut to make profit for the fat cats. A lot of corners cut and not everything is legal. 50 hour weeks with no breaks
New leaver
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Severn Beach, Gloucestershire24 February 2018
Only just joined this company and I would recommend to my worst enemy the managments there attitude is just get the food of the truck : D get the rubbish in the truck as fast as possible. workers time is not valued atol your just considered unskilled and expendable.
Pros
Canteen
Cons
Managment
Max
Driver (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol24 February 2018
Avoid this Company . Management don't have idea about transport. Management not interested workers--we were numbers only. Very hard work - heavy pallets no electric pumptruck.
Pros
Free cantine
Cons
Rest
Avoid
HGV Driver (Former Employee) –  Severn Beach, Gloucestershire23 February 2018
Save yourselve and just avoid it. Not worth it. Hardly NOT recomanded. Taht is the best place to ruin you health both physical and menthal.
Absolutely zero
Hard working and easy going
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Redcar and Cleveland, North Yorkshire19 February 2018
Very good at training new employees at ther job, management are also great as they let the staff know the targets for the shop and also inform everyone of what needs improving.
Pros
15% discount
Cons
Short breaks
Productive and Easy going workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Redcar and Cleveland19 February 2018
Farmfoods taught me a lot about the job and many other factors which are important to being a retail assistant. The management are very organised and always keep their staff informed with anything which needs improving in the store.
Pros
15% discount
Cons
short breaks
Good start to a career
Shop Assistant - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Kingston upon Hull19 February 2018
Managers really care about the shop floor and the business which is good to see.
However as a young worker the pay was terrible but that is the only place I can fault. I'm happy to have been once employed by these as it was a starting point to my career. They hired me at 16 with no work experience to help me have a start.
Awful, disrespectful, no training and no understanding
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norfolk17 February 2018
they expected me to learn everything within a week! The training was awful! The money was rubbish specially with the stress I use to get.
The manager use to get stressy when things weren’t done but it was hard when you had myself and one team member on a shift and they were stuck on checkouts.
For such a little shop they expect a lot out of you specially with the rubbish money I got. Please do not work there even if you’re desperate.
Cons
Not a nice place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cowdenbeath13 February 2018
"A bad manager can take a good staff and destroy IT causing the BEST employees flee and the remainder to lose all motivation."

That's all I got to say about working at farmfoods it ain't worth the stress
Pros
The retail workers are great they do far more than they should for hardly any pay
Cons
Management and supervisor horrid people not a nice bone in them
Awful don’t let anyone tell you different
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bloxwich, West Midlands10 February 2018
Awful area manager and awful management absolutely no compassion for staff when under a sick note from the doctors due to unforeseen circumstances, Agree flexibility with hours just for you to return to work and then kick you out of your job with any excuse possible. Legal action was mentioned and they pay you off although I only got my wages that was owed no compensation and make you sign a “legal” document to say you wouldn’t go to the papers with the story on how Farmfoods actually treat there staff.
Pros
Some lovely customers
Cons
Needs shutting down staff turnover is shocking
Nope zone
Sales assistant-Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, Aberdeen City10 February 2018
Worked more than a year for them. Been a customer advisor then supervisor. The latter just by doing the job of one, not contracted. When asked to have a drawn contract, area manager said nah no job opening for that yet I was doing that job. Marvellous. The job itself is terrible. Huge deliveries with short timing, no time for breaks mostly if you're doing the till checks, cash up, and banking. Poor retail advisors hired in the last months while I was working there, so I had to do literally all the work when working with them. Although I trained them, they were extremely lazy - with those wages I can't blame them tho. Likewise myself. Tried to raise an organizational issue, been shut as those are the rules. On the idea if we've always been wrong we're staying wrong, no advancement. And speaking of advancement, as seen, you don't really go further up in the company and it says clear on staff room walls that you can't go upper than management. Ha.ha.ha.
My managers all of them were nice but useless if the upper management is bad.
Good staff discount, true, but I wouldn't recommend this place. Moreover, I wouldn't recommend it as a shopper either, cause staff themselves are overworked and tired thus can't be nicest people honestly and the shops (I've worked in three shops) are full of thieves so you never know.
Try and avoid it.
Pros
Staff discount as soon as hired
Cons
Unfulfilling hard work, disproportionate timing for tasks.
Would be ok if management that don’t even no what they are doing took less to do with the day to day running of the store.
Checkout Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort William, Highland6 February 2018
Train management better remember they started at the bottom arrogant horrible people maybe that’s how you need to be to climb the ladder if so I would rather stay at the bottom at least you care about the customers.!!
Pros
Cons
Having to do stock takes every 2/3weeksOn aSaturday nite
Fun Work place
Fire Protection Engineer (Current Employee) –  Scotland Haven26 January 2018
The Best Company to the Moment out very big experience end Professional Team For Fire Protection In industry Great Teams Great management Payment in the Time.
Pros
Fre lunch
Cons
Long Hours
first friendly job
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Walsall18 January 2018
Farmfoods was my first job role experience and i enjoyed my short time there. Freindly staff and also lots of good memories. I liked my job role there and would consoder working there in the future
Pros
staff discount
Cons
it was apprenticeship ould prefer proper job salary
productive workplace
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hereford17 January 2018
I enjoyed working there it was a fun, productive workplace where there is always something to do.
The only bad thing that I would say about the job is the pay isn't the best and the hrs were shocking, the majority of the time I was there I only worked 12 hrs a week which really isn't enough to live off.
Pros
fun and productive workplace
Cons
Not enough hours.