FARESHARE Employee Reviews

Work Experience
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aston Metro26 September 2019
Thank you for having me at the FareShare and given me the opportunity to do some warehouse work experience.
I learnt a lot while I was there about the warehouse and was allowed to do a half shift because I am a return to work and need to be able to manage my time to start the shift, has I work under warehouse supervisors/van drivers and other volunteers I get to work as part as a team. In the place of work it is relax like a family but to get the job done.At times the produce on the pallets and overfilling of the refridgerators can get in the way because there is less space to work this also happens on the shop floor when the two vans come in to do the loading.,running out of chill boxes means the orders can not get out. Being in a friendly environment while working gets the job done.
Pros
Free lunch lunch and free travel as a volunteer
Cons
Not being able to drive the forklift due to no training
Fun workplace
Administrator (Volunteer) (Current Employee) –  Liverpool23 August 2019
Good environment placement in a warehouse with easiest and hardest parts with picking and packing ready to deliver to food banks across Merseyside, Cheshire and North Wales
Cons
Paid
productive and busy environment
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester4 April 2019
Working at Fareshare is a diverse environment which is always busy.

I learned how to unload pallets as well as complete and follow CFMS (customer food members) orders.

My role was to sort food into trays and load it onto the delivery vans, which was then distributed to charitable organisations.

The hardest part of the role was getting the weights of the items correct.

The most enjoyable part of the job was delivering the orders to the places listed on the CFMS
Pros
Free Lunch
Fantastic Organization!
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff25 March 2019
Fareshare is fantastic to volunteer for. It gives satisfaction in knowing you are playing a role in the fight to stop hunger. All the people i have worked with are very friendly and welcoming to new volunteers!
Pros
Free lunches, Job satisfaction
Cons
If using public transport. It can sometimes be difficult to travel to.
Office work
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Wirral29 October 2018
Working in the office kept me very busy and productive throughout the day. A typical day at FARESHARE was very cold, busy but fun at the same time. I learnt a lot at fareshare such as, how to stock check, picking, sending deliveries and working with a range of different ages. I was also working with people with different disabilities which was a good experience for me because it taught me a lot on how to work with people that need extra support.
Pros
Learnt something new everyday
Cons
Cold
Fareshare gave me the skills I needed to achieve success.
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Bristol City Centre, Bristol14 September 2018
When I worked at Fareshare, a typical day would be stock control, loading and unloading the lorries, moving things from freezers to fridges and working there, I built up my team player skills.
fun workplace
Warehouse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Barnsley, South Yorkshire15 August 2018
I am working as a voluteer its good to work there get more extra training to help people back to work get help people to work as a team good management
Indead excellent
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Kingston upon Hull11 March 2018
Great job app fare share deliver food to that church in hull and cleaning the factory and sorting food out and helping people the staff are brilliant frendly
Pros
Enjoying the work
Cons
Not anuff breaks
small intimate warehouse
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  london24 January 2018
I was a picker packer here and about from one of the former managers it was a great place to work. They would put sandwiches in the fridges for everyone for lunch.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
unsociable hours
Make a change
Warehouse Volunteer (Current Employee) –  London28 December 2017
Being a part of a community that want to make change, want to help others. Helping those in need and drawing a smile on people face. Helping thousands of families directly and indirectly.
Worthwhile employer
Volunteer / Warehouse Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear1 November 2017
I loved working with FareShare as I belived in everything that they done, they would work hard to achive so much and get as much food as they could to people that needed it

overall I really enjoyed being with FareShare, one of the best companies I've ever worked for
Depot Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire10 August 2017
rewarding work and very satisfying being able to be part of a project that stops food wastage and feeds those in need. Great working with volunteers and helping and helping build theo rconfince and develop new skills
Amazing Opportunity
Volunteer Van Driver (Former Employee) –  Brighton and Hove, East Sussex19 April 2017
FareShare are an amazing charity who manage food waste across Brighton and Hove.

I was incredibly privileged o be able to work for such a charity for two years, even though it was just as a volunteer.

To feel a part of such an incredible initiation is very humbling as a person and makes you realise just what others go through. Being able to help people in their time of need is an experience that I will never forget.
Pros
Helping out others when they were in need
A typical day at FareShare
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  London21 December 2016
Currently I am a volunteer at FareshareI I worked in the warehouse picking food items from customer orders I go and find them in the warehouse, chiller or freezer and tick them off the order sheets making sure the order is correct at all times. I followed health and safety guidelines at all times. I also kept warehouse clean and tidy at all times. I also assisted the van driver during deliveries to customers and always courteous at all times.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Hard Work (I Enjoy It)
good company
Warehouse Cleaner, Liverpool June (Former Employee) –  Liverpool11 May 2016
nice people and good place to work,i would recommend Fareshare to anyone who gets an offer to work for them and you will learn a lot in good working practices and nice management staff that do have time for you when you need help.
Pros
great place and nice staff
Cons
none im afraid
not a bad place to work
WAREHOUSE OPERATIVE (Former Employee) –  Ashford, ENG9 December 2015
It was pretty much what you can expect from working in a charity shop. Some long and boring days then days where you're rushed off your feet
fun and hardworking place
Picker/Packer (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, ENG16 September 2015
Since I've started to volunteer there I've had a lot of fun and learnt many different skills which i can easily transfer to any other job. many of the people that i work with are very hard workers and i feel somewhat privileged to be working with such a variety of people with many diverse skills and abilities.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
too many people volunteering
hard work but rewarding
Sprinter van driver (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, ENG21 August 2015
Great crowd of people but mainly voluntary.Its hard work and lots of heavy lifting.The picking of orders can get a bit tedious as there are a lot to be picked ,especially when the schools are off.The loading of the vans is absolutely knackering so you need to be physically fit for this part.Apart from this its nice to get out and about driving their sprinter vans and meeting lots of people.This is quite a rewarding job when you see and hear the stories of how much this food helps with the feeding of Liverpools under privaliged children and adults.It would be nice to be part of the team as a paid employee but this seems quite unlikely as there are allways plenty of placements for the unemployed to gain valuable experience.
Pros
sometimes free goodies, food drinks etc
Cons
Heavy lifting
Fun enviroment
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  London15 April 2015
Its voluntary work but ive gained alot of experience, I sort food and make sure everything is where its supposed to be, making sure that the right dates are on things and making sure i have all the orders correct.
Pros
Free lunches and travel.
Fun, informative and i would go back again.
Warehouse Operative/Picker (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, SCT10 January 2015
As Fareshare was a temporary voluntary work placement. To help gain experience in the work place of what warehouse work be like. Thoroughly my time at Fareshare and would return again because the co-workers were great as well as management to work along side with.
Pros
Free lunch