Family Lives Employee Reviews

Productive work place.
Senior Volunteer Development Officer (Current Employee) –  Westminster5 August 2019
Family lives Westminster project is a supportive, rewarding team to be in. the manager is very supportive and encourage me to develop my skills.

I find the hardest part of my job is working with familys that are living in poverty and there options are limited especially around housing and finding employment.

The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing volunteers and familys become confident and build on their well-being and emotional resilience. This empowers both volunteers and familys to work on their personal development which makes a difference to them and their community.
Healthy start mentor (Former Employee) –  Ealing, Greater London4 July 2018
I enjoyed working for this company . It thought me a lot of important knowledge in dealing with different people.I've learned to do public speaking. Time management and also writing reports every week each visit to my client. My clients are families with under 5 years of age children who requires healthy eating mentoring. I thoroughly appreciate the opportunity family lives uk has given me as Healthy start mentor volunteer
Pros
Free mobile and travel cost
Cons
Not getting paid
staff safety is paramount
Family support volunteer (Current Employee) –  Bexleyheath, Greater London8 February 2018
I would begin by calling my client to check whether she would meet me at the center or if need to pick her up. I discovered the importance of patience when working with vulnerable people and allowing them to trust you. It can be disappointing when you go to see a client and they do not want to take part in the days activities, however once you understand their position it makes it easier to support them to comply.
supportive workplace
Family Support Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands1 February 2018
A very friendly and supportive company that were flexible to my needs whenever possible. Recognise hard work and do lots to help families.

The company really understands the needs of the families and what is required to support them.
Pros
flexible
Cons
no permanent jobs
Friendly atmosphere; lovely people; flexible working; inclusive practices
Family Support Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Barnet (London & South East office at Hatfield)24 May 2014
I enjoy the "family" ethos at Family Lives and appreciate the flexible working arrangements. They provide on-going training opportunities and have links to local training providers. My co-workers are friendly and supportive. What I enjoy most is the work with the parents. The hardest part is getting to grips with some of the IT systems.
Pros
supportive; flexible working; friendly people; lots of training opportunities
Cons
challenging IT systems