Falck UK Ambulance Services Limited

Falck UK Ambulance Services Limited Employee Reviews

United Kingdom24 reviews
the company changed hands and didn't let us know who was taking over which went on for months lack of communication throughout a total disregard for loyal employees.
Pros
Buy youre own
I worked for them for 7 years and they informed me via email that they don't need me anymore. The congestion charge was paid with a delay of several months! The manager was never available and when it was, he always lied !!! It was supposed to be a lot of work, not a waste, I'm talking about the self-employed
Terrible management.when internal promotions come up they give the positions to the favourites with no opportunity for you to progress if your face don’t fit.constant shift changes with little or no notice Managment making fun of staff in front of other staff.probably the worst employer I have ever worked for.long shifts no support by Managment at all.just get the job done and shut up kind of place.
Cons
As an ex employee I have felt that the company were only interested in meeting the trust needs or the company needs and alone the way forgot there staff. The four years I was with them there were no supervision no appraisal and when a driver made a mistake they were penalised and stacked as that was a easy way for the company to take no responsibility

four years I was with them no supervision no appraisal
Pros
Staff in the field was very supported
Cons
Under staffed under valued poor management
Be warned keep away
long hours money is the say rate whatever you do

forget having a social life as shifts are 10 hours long and sometimes 12 hours. your work an average 45 hours week again flat rate.

Not forgetting overtime rate you guessed it flat rate yet again.

Dont expect good communication from management as there is none.

Ambulances are old and knackered be warned
Cons
With the potential to be a very rewarding job, Falck UK fails heavily on its leadership and communication. Avoid at all costs as not a caring company in any way.
Pros
Appreciative patients.
Cons
Too many to mention.
This job works like an converybelt. One in. One out. People soon realise this after a month. I have left the company within 3 months. First thing you will notice that things never get done because you have one person dealing with 10 people. No point complaining because there is no head office to contact. They also plan your holidays. They will promise you things and never deliver. In order to get somewhere in this place. You will have to start brown nosing. They don't care about your complaints because someone else will take your place the next day if you leave. You are guaranteed to pass the 2 weeks training because they take on anyone and they are desperate to keep the contract with NHS. I mean anyone. No work ethics. The management was the major let down for me. They will also charge you for uniform even when you have returned it back when you leave the company. Be warned. They will also charge you for the course if you decide to leave within 2 years. I was charged nearly £600. This job is for someone which is desperate and resulting as a last resort. If you apply. 80% of the chance you will get the job. You will soon realise that you will be working with riff raff common people because as I said. They give this job to everyone!. As mentioned before. Its a waste of breath complaining. If this is not a warning. I wish you the best of luck. You must be desperate!
Difficult to book annual leave as they make up the rules as they go along and there health and safety procedures are 20 years behind the times. Hard to get management to make a desision as they pass the buck on to someone else.
They lied and promising but at the end cutting employees hours and 3 months in continue underpaid us.
No one would take responsibilities , so most of the staff ended up leaving the company as the quickly realised it is pointless to ask anyone for any issues .
They don’t care about the patients or their staff. Control will take advantage of those on the road and will attempt to force overtime on you (which is technically illegal) by giving a job last minute. Family life? Forget it as they will ring you on your days off and try to get you to work. Vehicles are in poor condition and don’t get cleaned regularly. Patients would be better off being in an Über than in Falck’s “care”.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Falck UK Ambulance Services Limited?
Poor management, just a number, no patient care whatsoever, awful place to work. Can work all day without a break, favouritism with drivers on older contracts who are on a lot more money. Corrupt from top to bottom.
Pros- meeting new people all the time, get to go to different hospitals across uk

Cons, wages are poor for the work load you do, management very poor, ambulances always breaking down or falling apart, they say there is room for progression but only to ict in shropshire, work to life balance poor im never home.
If you are a people person this is a great role, a lot of the patients like a chat and just want to be treated to a decent service which is fair.
No company is perfect. Yes the hours can be long and the pay could be better but it is a job you either love or hate. Personally love it.

Management communication could do with improvements but that is no different to any other company to be honest.
Pros
Great colleagues
Cons
Communication to staff. planners need to be more understanding
The training was great fun and really informative. Friendly and fun work environment and a really worthwhile and rewarding job. Would highly recommend to anyone.
There a lot of hardworking individuals with vast knowledge of the healthcare sector in the patient transport side of the business as well as the emergency medical service side of the business.

I have been constantly supported in my continued professional development. Given new opportunities and experiences.

I developed excellent working relationships with my colleagues across the business, particularly in the training team. The trainers go above and beyond to facilitate new starters as well as existing members of staff. The team work really hard to ensure that all employees are compliant and can ensure the best care possible for the patients.
Pros
Excellent hardworking training team, pleasure to work with such lovely dedicated colleagues.
A few people on here having a moan because they couldn’t meet the standards the business expects. In truth an amazing professional business - one of the largest ambulance business in the world. Really progressive and setting new standards in the UK. Really going some where - i’d Get on board now - don’t miss the opportunity .
Pros
Great equipment, rewarding role
Do not work for this company they do not care for there staff and there they do not follow their own code of conduct in the work place or the laws of a work environment.
Pros
Cons
All thats bad or your worst experience in a work place this place serves you on a large tray
A fast-moving company which values discipline and a good work ethic. A workplace culture of professionalism with a welcoming approach. Enjoyed managing staff although could be a challenge at times ensuring they adhered to their administrative duties.
Pros
Autonomy to build the team
Cons
Unsocial hours
There are a few downsides... as with any big company. However my experience with Falck has been extremely positive. The set up is so much more in depth and professional than other companies I've worked with. The drivers are amazing, the control team and planning are seriously hard working and the management are great support when needed. Brilliant company and working staff, I would recommend.
Pros
Good people, always expanding, incentives etc...
Cons
N/a
this has to be one of the worst companies I've ever worked for. patient care does not come into it from the control and management side . the only people who care are the drivers! this company will not take on complaints from drivers or concerns . employees confidentiality is non existent in this company and the way the control staff slate drivers to one and other is appalling . patients never picked up on time always late , patients wait for hours to get home , discharges are a huge problem ( just ask the nurses) at Telford and Shrewsbury. the control staff lie constantly to cover up there mistakes by blaming drivers ! so want my advise stay clear of this company , they make it sound like a great company to work for but trust me it's far from it . no respect for drivers at all
Pros
meet new people, helping others in need
Cons
too many to list, no breaks, lies, constant mess up in wages, no social life, long hours dont support single or working parents, i could go on
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Falck UK Ambulance Services Limited. Our community is ready to answer.
2.1