Fairways Care Ltd

Fairways Care Ltd Employee Reviews

not once did I feel appreciated, I really felt that the management team weren’t approachable and brushed things under the carpet when they should have been dealt with sooner. not once did I have a thank you for anything. Not that I was there to receive a thank you but it would have been nice once in a while. It felt that even if you went to try and speak to someone senior that you were a hindrance as of the way that they would respond. I personally think there is fab staff there and the residents are all amazing. Just wish that would have been enough but unfortunately it all comes down to respect and I feel that we aren’t valued or respected.
Pros
Lovely Residents, Great members of the nursing team
Cons
Not appreciated enough
I would not work for this company again ,and I’m so glad I left , especially now they do not care about there staff to be honest we’re all just a number
Cons
Upon my here at Fairways Newydd I have felt that I have have been able to become part of a team and learn new skills. From having never worked in care, it was imperative to rely on my work force and vice versa for them. In terms of the running of daily duties, you are constantly busy and achieving the best for residents well being and comfort. I have received a fantastic level of support from training, to communication and have have had no issues when addressing and element that I needed to voice. It is a job that I value doing and although it is hard work, during this time of the pandemic I am grateful to be in employment.
Awful. Through attending interviews for other care roles I have quickly discovered that Ty Cariad is used as an example of how not to do things by other homes. Very poor management, moved around constantly so can’t get used to anything, left alone to give personal care to the most vulnerable people in the home with no DBS check on my second day, after I left received an email saying there’s 3 COVID-19 positive staff who I potentially worked alongside but was not afforded a test and tried to talk me out of pushing for one by lying about time frames. disgusting.
Pros
Lovely residents
Cons
The manager is a lovely lady, always goes the extra bit for her staff, big boss doesn't really care as long as his money is coming in. Nurses who bully staff, do nothing but say stuff behind each others back, back stabbers! Even tell the care staff about other nurses issues in there personal life! Carers are lovely you do end up carrying a few! not a easy going job at all, no proper training, bad pay, stressful, mentally and physically draining!
Pros
Carers and residents
Cons
Undervalued, bad pay
Fairways Newydd has gone through such a transformation and is a lovely home to work at. The Nursing and care team are lovely and very dedicated to the residents. The hours are standard 12 hour shifts so nothing more than what you'd find in the NHS, management is approachable and always has time to listen. The days can be hard going but that's Nursing, it's a vocation and not everyone has what it takes.
I've been working at Fairway's Newydd for a number of years now. NOT once have I felt I haven't been able to approach management with an issue whether it be regarding work or a personal issue and needed a supportive listening ear. We have a great work team here and everyone helps each other. Your encouraged to further your career, which you can do and still work.When working in care you don't expect a thank you its your job you do it because YOU yourself care, but our manager constantly thanks us, from little treats or notes on the board. I thoroughly enjoy working here at Fairways and will continue to do so.
Staff are friendly and provide quality care. Caring is an extremely rewarding job, so you don’t need thanks from management. Management are approachable and accommodating. Worked for the company for many years and hope to do so for many more 😊
All about money!! No understanding of staffs medical issues, they don’t look after the staff! All staff are worn down and depressed! Constantly moving staff off house holds! (Don’t know how dementia residents are suppose to have a better quality of life when your constantly moving staff here and there, no time to get use to anyone) I will be speaking to CSIW about this home!!
This place is awful to work at. The staff make lies about you and you'll never get a job in care again because of them. Lucky enough for me I've been cleared of all charges that was brought against me!
Pros
Some kind staff
Cons
But they can stab your back
Not one time was I thanked for the work. Always short staff, more agency staff than regular staff some days. Discrimination high on management list, Some very lazy staff , the good staff always carry . them. Brilliant resident and a lot of great carers, Keep well away
I have been fully supported by the Director, and the Regional Manager. Nothing is to much trouble, I feel like this is how companies should be ran, and how staff should be treated. The Director is always allowing the Managers to look for ways to treat the staff, to say thank you for their hard work. I have everything I have asked for as a Manager, for the residents and staff, nothing is to much trouble, as long as you are sensible. Thank you so much, I hope I continue to work for you for a very long time
A culture which does not truly reflect what actually goes on within it's homes. Understaffed so not able to fully meet the children's needs. Different members of staff on a daily basis. The staff that are there do their best but are led by a top heavy, incestuous management structure who love to talk about how well the organisation is doing whilst ignoring the needs of their staff on the coal face who face violence andintimidation on a daily basis on.
Official response from Fairways Care Ltd
10 February 2020
Fairways Care does not run children's homes or have anything to do with a 'Manor Farm'.
Poor management, they overwork you, short staffed. You can work hard and its not good enough. Low staff morale. Lovely staff and residents though. Underpaid for the workload.
Pros
It's a job.
Cons
Slave labour.
I don't think I've had a conversation with the manager where they didn't tell me off, belittle me and left me feeling unwanted. Never once have I been thanked by the manager. The nurses, staff and residents are all lovely and if they didn't remind me I do a good job I'd think I was awful.
Official response from Fairways Care Ltd
28 January 2020
Really sorry that you feel you've had that experience. We genuinely try to ensure that our staff feel appreciated. That's why we share the positive comments and letters received from families. We fund meals for our staff (the night staff Christmas meal for example). We give our carers wine and chocolate for Christmas. We even give our staff interest free loans. The managers do a very stressful job and not all staff are easy to deal with. They can sometimes be having a bad day themselves. I'm pleased that you rate the nurses, staff and residents so highly though. Often that means the manager is doing something right too.
If fairways was the last job on earth I would rather go without!! Management is awful threats you on a daily occurrence. The only thing nice about it is the resident. Don’t work here you’ll regret it I promise you
If you like to be bullied on a daily basis by management and staff as the saying goes if your face doesn't fit your in for a really bad time enjoy ppl
Brilliant staff but too task orientated unfortunately management is the biggest issue brilliant care is given to clients. Lack of staff and no insentive given with overtime