Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews

Found 17 reviews matching the search See all 1,056 reviews
Fun and learnable
Commis Chef (Former Employee) –  Scotland14 May 2018
Very nice place lovely people, would love to get a chance to work in a industry like fairmount, would like to learn new skills and new ways to Cook food.
Good
Cons
Fair hour
Concierge
Concierge Assistant, work placement (Former Employee) –  St Andrews11 January 2018
I was on a Job Experience with a programme called Springboard Scotland (SS) to gain more experience in the hospitality industry. so i was placed at the Fairmont Hotel in St Andrews, and it was a good Door in to the hospitality of 5 Star hotels and how they run, making sure that the minute guests walk in and until they leave we always made sure that they were always checked on and making sure that everything was to their satisfactory.
Pros
Excellent colleagues
Cons
public transport
fun workplace
Housekeeping Intern (Current Employee) –  St. Andrews, Fife31 August 2017
A company that welcomes talent and innovation. Appreciates new ideas and out of the box approaches. Very flexible and accommodating when it comes to business - personal needs.
Recognises hard work and awards accordingly.
Work colleagues are very helpful and always ready to support. Global experience with different cultures and time zones added a lot to my experience and knowledge.
Pros
free lunch
buena empresa
PASTRY DEMI CHEF DE PARTIE (Former Employee) –  London, UK12 May 2017
muy buen ambiente de trabajo. mucha creatividad buenosprofisssionales
Excelente
CHEF DE PARTIE (Former Employee) –  London, UK12 May 2017
excelente ambiente de trabajo . buen sueldo . muy creativos
Buen ambiente y high stantards
senior jefe de partida pasteleria (Former Employee) –  Londres12 May 2017
senior chef de partida pasteleria com 4años de experiencia

Consultar CV para mas información
Pros
buen sueldo
Cons
nada
A good place to work if you are a student
Casual Waiter C&B team (Former Employee) –  St. Andrews, Fife31 January 2017
Fairmont is a good place to work if you are a student needing a job while studying, I was employed as casual staff and found it very difficult to obtain a full time post at the hotel. The vast majority of full time jobs especialy managment roles are filled by non british workers; while I do acknowladge this is great for international guests, it seems to be that british applicants are overlooked on most full time applications.

During my time with Fairmont St Andrews I had spoken with the HR team about full time vaciancies to be told there wasn't any that I was able to apply for, however while checking the website a new advert for Barman had been posted just days before (I have worked behind bars of Hotels, Inns and Pubs at various levels on and off for the last 20+ years, I also hold a Personal Liciance); the post was filled by a none british person.

As stated Fairmont St Andrews is a great place to work if you are happy with a zero hours contract, the people you work alongside make the shift fun and its is frendly between staff members, the downside is if you are British and want a full time post.
Pros
Great place if you are wanting a zero hours contract
Cons
Very hard to move up to full time or obtain a post if you are British
One of the best hotels in London
Cloakroom Attendant (Former Employee) –  London9 October 2016
Housekeeping manager is not at the level of the hotel.Great facilities, perfect conditions for working.No chance for a career progress.Overall - good place to work!
Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  St. Andrews14 February 2016
This is a very famous company with high standards, being a 5 stars hotel with respect for guests. A typical day is do a lot of hard work. I have learned how to get a long with people that have been there a long time.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
not enough work
Working with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts was simply great and good experience
Housekeeper/Room Attendant (Full-Time) (Former Employee) –  St. Andrews, SCT14 December 2015
Fairmont has very high drive for customer satisfaction and doesn't compromise on providing services less than excellence.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
excellence in job performance
Great place to work. Brilliant team work
Housekeeping Supervisor (Current Employee) –  St Andrews12 September 2015
I started at Fairmont St Andrews in 2009 as a casual room attendant, i then went on to become the Housekeeping coordinator in 2011 which consisted of opening the department training packs for new members and a lot of office work, I was then promoted to housekeeping Supervisor in 2013. It is a great role and i enjoy it a lot.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
don't get paid overtime
Fun workplace
Caddy (Former Employee) –  St. Andrews, SCT18 February 2015
Had a good laugh with golfers from around the world that travelled to St Andrews. Enjoyed the experiences and really liked the people i worked with
Pros
Worked in the sun
Cons
Not enough work
Flexible shifts
Room attendant (casual) (Current Employee) –  St Andrews Bay19 September 2014
preapring the nesessary for the working day, linens and supplies,keep everything tidy to ease your work,organised as best you can the time to manage with the job.
I am happy to help the guests and make them feel important.
We create memories for the guests and they returned to us.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Too far from home
Famous company with high standards
Room-Attendant/Housekeeping (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  St. Andrews, SCT30 January 2014
This is a very famous company with high standards, being a 5 stars hotel with respect for guests and employees.
I have great passion for providing direct services to humanity
Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  St. Andrews, SCT1 October 2013
working with Fairmont St. Andrews is very inspiring, and rewarding. I drive self-satisfaction from working cordially with co-workers and serving my guess with diligence and honesty. I have established so much goodwill between myself and my supervisors and managers as well as co-workers. the challenging aspect of the job is health implications of the chemicals/detergents I using use in cleaning bathrooms and others parts of guests' rooms. Besides, travel almost everyday from Dundee to St. Andrews to work - which comes with the transportation risk and cost. The most enjoyable part is that, the hotel is the converging point of happy people and hence, there is always so much euphoria to keep me happy as I work.
Pros
I am always provided with free lunch and supper
Accounts Payable
Income Auditor/Accounts Payable - Full time (Current Employee) –  St. Andrews, SCT2 July 2013
A typical day starts of with checking and logging the purchase order to make sure there are little overpsneds compared to the budgets/forecast. Then to get the Po's signed off by the relevant members of staff. I will also then inout any invoice onto the system and reconcile suppliers statements.

I have learned a good understanding of accountancy in relation to budgets/forecast and also tax.

The hardest part of the job is the inaccurate information given by external sources which can provide some difficulties.

Most enjoyable part is seeing how well each department has done at the end of the month in relation to their expenses.