Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
Coronavirus update
Information from Fairmont Hotels & Resorts:

Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews

United Kingdom35 reviews
They are a great company to work for, and treat their employees very well, with great benefits and events held throughout the year just for staff, free of charge. There's also room for advancement depending on the department you work in.
Pros
Great benefits, advancement opportunities
Cons
Pay could be better.
Everyone was very friendly with each other, they encouraged a family like feel so work didn't feel like too much of a chore and you always felt comfortable talking to management.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Long hours often until 5 or 6 in the morning
Healthy team work and collaborative working environment. With high standards required of their colleague staff. It’s why they are a 5-star Hotel. Would highly recommend
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
This was my first summer job as a bartender. Management was very detail oriented which was good at times but also had its downs. I gained a wealth of experience which I am grateful for. All in all I enjoyed it.
Working as a Front Desk Agent at Fairmont Southampton was a great experience. I worked with a great team, everyone was helpful and encouraging and it was a job that I enjoyed coming to. This job taught me that I am capable of doing more than I ever assumed I was capable of. I believe the most difficult part of the job was learning that you won't be able to please everyone guest, but you do your best. The best part of the job is making a guest stay as memorable as you can while working alongside an amazing and kindhearted staff.
Nice environment with wonderful colleagues, free gym and spa, free canteen with a really good spread. Plenty eye candy, upbeat atmosphere, considerate bosses I didn't feel there was much of a hierarchy in place everyone was treated with respect from the top up the bottom. Great place to work highly recommended.
I worked with Fairmont Amman Hotel for seven months (full-time) as the public Relations Manager. Workplace Options offers a variety of benefits to their employees, like any employer in Jordan. The opportunities offered were limited. Their exchange program benefit is like any other employer. However, Management was always approachable.
Pros
Free Lunches, Employees Discuont
Cons
Long Working Hours, Negative Working Atmosphere
I worked at the hub for about maybe 2 years in total as well and was a great place to work . Both hotels was a very good place to work good environment and the people were kind as well.
Pros
Discounts on hotel rooms and other benefits through your the hotel as welll.
Cons
needs more local cuisine
I worked within the Spa at the Fairmont and saw the Manager who was just appointed try hard to turn things around. The atmosphere with Colleagues was mainly positive. Some usual workplace conflict with some members but nothing untypical. Many perks to the job and when training required it's the lucky reception team who get lovely treatments from the Therapists. Discounted products and use of pool and gym. Nice environment to work in
Pros
Free food and Leisure use lots of staff perks
Cons
High pressure at times
Very nice place lovely people, would love to get a chance to work in a industry like fairmount, would like to learn new skills and new ways to Cook food.
Good
Cons
Fair hour
I was on a Job Experience with a programme called Springboard Scotland (SS) to gain more experience in the hospitality industry. so i was placed at the Fairmont Hotel in St Andrews, and it was a good Door in to the hospitality of 5 Star hotels and how they run, making sure that the minute guests walk in and until they leave we always made sure that they were always checked on and making sure that everything was to their satisfactory.
Pros
Excellent colleagues
Cons
public transport
A company that welcomes talent and innovation. Appreciates new ideas and out of the box approaches. Very flexible and accommodating when it comes to business - personal needs. Recognises hard work and awards accordingly. Work colleagues are very helpful and always ready to support. Global experience with different cultures and time zones added a lot to my experience and knowledge.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
muy buen ambiente de trabajo. mucha creatividad buenosprofisssionales
excelente ambiente de trabajo . buen sueldo . muy creativos
senior chef de partida pasteleria com 4años de experiencia Consultar CV para mas información
Pros
buen sueldo
Cons
nada
Fairmont is a good place to work if you are a student needing a job while studying, I was employed as casual staff and found it very difficult to obtain a full time post at the hotel. The vast majority of full time jobs especialy managment roles are filled by non british workers; while I do acknowladge this is great for international guests, it seems to be that british applicants are overlooked on most full time applications. During my time with Fairmont St Andrews I had spoken with the HR team about full time vaciancies to be told there wasn't any that I was able to apply for, however while checking the website a new advert for Barman had been posted just days before (I have worked behind bars of Hotels, Inns and Pubs at various levels on and off for the last 20+ years, I also hold a Personal Liciance); the post was filled by a none british person. As stated Fairmont St Andrews is a great place to work if you are happy with a zero hours contract, the people you work alongside make the shift fun and its is frendly between staff members, the downside is if you are British and want a full time post.
Pros
Great place if you are wanting a zero hours contract
Cons
Very hard to move up to full time or obtain a post if you are British
The job I was employed for was to help wait on tables when customers came in for their breakfast, to serve hot and cold beverages along with toast and their breakfast. When the breakfast period was over I assisted to set the room up for lunch or evening meals Serving breakfast Serving hot / cold / beverages Setting tables for breakfast / lunch / evening meals This job was only on a part time basis .
Pros
lunch
Cons
hours
Housekeeping manager is not at the level of the hotel.Great facilities, perfect conditions for working.No chance for a career progress.Overall - good place to work!
Overall, the Royal York Hotel is a well organised, efficient and well managed hotel. Friendly staff who are there to provide top notch service. Highly recommended employer from my experience.
Pros
Many benefits inc, uniform, free meals on duty, great teams, service awards etc
Cons
unsociable hours (like all hotels)
I enjoyed my time at the Royal York Hotel and it was a good learning experience as my first role in York and UK. The team often not very hard working and i felt that people sometimes took advantage of me. Despite this i stayed for a long period and would have continued to do so if the management team re-structure had shown some future development for me.
Food runner/waiter in the Refectory restaurant. Useful to improve my waiter skills , to learn how to work in a international environment and to get involved in the English culture in a first class restaurant during the breakfast and lunch shifts. -Clearing and laying tables. -Taking orders and serving them to the customers. -Running the buffet. -Welcoming customers to their table.